Confirmed with Link: Puljujarvi signs 1 year deal with Karpat, Liiga

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
So now he's a moron AND a liar. His intention was to use Finland to force a trade and play in the NHL for a team not named the Oilers.

Seriously, if he’s traded he is 100% coming back to North America.

Willing to stay is different than intending to stay.

If you put the article in google translate it looks very much like he is prepared to go back to NA. I am no Finn though, but still.

Quote 1: The main objective is to be in Karpat all season, to play and develop.

Quote 2: If something happens the contract has an out-clause, and then there is that. But here we are and we think the whole season will be here.

Don't see the big deal tbh.

Reactions: nally

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Puljujärvi with 2g in 1st period today. Still 40mins to go. He has 14gp 9g 6a and 15p for the season. Ooh, and a +9. Atleast he is upping his trade-value...
I still honestly only think he is maintaining value, not really gaining. He should be in the top 5 in scoring after tonight, which obviously was expected (at least to level-headed posters ;)) and as it should be.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Puljujärvi with 2g in 1st period today. Still 40mins to go. He has 14gp 9g 6a and 15p for the season. Ooh, and a +9. Atleast he is upping his trade-value...

I honestly think he needs to tear that league apart and be the clear cut #1 to up his trade value. Let's hope he continues to improve.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Glad for him. But I think Jesse is a player that needs the comfort the mother coountry Finland gives. I doubt he will thrive in NA

Reactions: Koijari

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Glad for him. But I think Jesse is a player that needs the comfort the mother coountry Finland gives. I doubt he will thrive in NA
Yeah. I think he should just settle to being a star player in Liiga. He obviously has serious trouble in learning English and thus isn't able to integrate in NA. Better for everyone.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Keep in mind, the Liiga's shots are Corsi.

For instance, this season Pulju has 105 shots, but only 56 shots on goal.

I didn't realize that. Interesting. On the Liiga website you can sort the shots by saved/goal/missed/blocked, etc. He had 6 shots on goal.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
A player that has shown growing pains in years, unwiling to learn english, and dont even prduce with two top 5 players.
If Edmonton got to get high value in a trade following things needs to happen :
* Jesse becomes Assisting captain,
* Jesse is top 5 in league scoring,
* Jesse is a keyplayer in National team, and have impact in the games, esp offensively
* Jesse becomes C in his team
* Jesse learns english, cause he starts to understand what it takes
* He becoming the corner stone in the nationalteam
* He leads his team to playoff
* He is the main factor in a great playoff run.

I could see some points here becoming true, point 1 - 2 is doable, the rest is also doable, because he have the talent.
Its more about mentally understanding, personal growth, self knowledge, inner comfortlevel, social competence.

I really really wish he reach all these things, cause he could be a powerful, interresting player. Just look how easy he finds the weak spots to score, his shot ex. But its like hitting the eye of a needle from 100 meters. He has a rough path in front of him. He got the gift, but not the self knowledge, the mental awareness.

Last edited:

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
A player that has shown growing pains in years, unwiling to learn english, and dont even prduce with two top 5 players.
If Edmonton got to get high value in a trade following things needs to happen :
* Jesse becomes Assisting captain,
* Jesse is top 5 in league scoring,
* Jesse is a keyplayer in National team, and have impact in the games, esp offensively
* Jesse becomes C in his team
* Jesse learns english, cause he starts to understand what it takes
* He becoming the corner stone in the nationalteam
* He leads his team to playoff
* He is the main factor in a great playoff run.

I could see some points here becoming true, point 1 - 2 is doable, the rest is also doable, because he have the talent.
Its more about mentally understanding, personal growth, self knowledge, inner comfortlevel, social competence.

I really really wish he reach all these things, cause he could be a powerful, interresting player. Just look how easy he finds the weak spots to score, his shot ex. But its like hitting the eye of a needle from 100 meters. He has a rough path in front of him. He got the gift, but not the self knowledge, the mental awareness.
You're out to lunch when you list captaincy as a factor. He was never going to get any kind of captaincy ever on this stint and probably won't get one. Playoffs are also a given for Kärpät and won't be a showing of Jesse's talent when it happens. Liiga playoffs won't be as rosy for Pulju either.

It's always nice to expect people to just blow a league apart in every shape and form when it's clearly not what's in the cards.

Jesse doesn't need to be top 5 in points either if he clearly shows positive progress in his game.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
You're out to lunch when you list captaincy as a factor. He was never going to get any kind of captaincy ever on this stint and probably won't get one. Playoffs are also a given for Kärpät and won't be a showing of Jesse's talent when it happens. Liiga playoffs won't be as rosy for Pulju either.

It's always nice to expect people to just blow a league apart in every shape and form when it's clearly not what's in the cards.

Jesse doesn't need to be top 5 in points either if he clearly shows positive progress in his game.

most important is Jesse the person here.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Jesse is looking a lot better in Liiga now than he did last time he played there so he's clearly developed.

Problem with him playing in Liiga is he wont improve on his flaws because the bigger ice surface and lesser competition gives him room to go rogue meaning his positioning isn't going to get any better + he won't learn English.

The upside of this is that he's gaining confidence which he was lacking and I think that also affected his performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad