Confirmed with Link: Puljujarvi signs 1 year deal with Karpat, Liiga

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
yMwapzQ.gif

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
According to the press release the contract has a NHL-option until December 1. So he starts the season in Oulu but if a trade takes place, he can play in the NHL. If Edmonton is not willing to trade him, he stays in Oulu and plays for Kärpät the whole season.

Kärpät on solminut yksivuotisen sopimuksen hyökkääjä Jesse Puljujärven kanssa. Sopimukseen sisältyy optio, jonka mukaan Puljujärvellä on 1. joulukuuta saakka oikeus siirtyä NHL:ään.

WhyYouHaveToBeMad

Aug 26, 2018
Wish him the best. Hopefully he regains his confidence and puts up solid numbers. However, I am not impressed how he handled this whole situation.

Reactions: Ippenator

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Been a lot of character assassination of Jesse in last few weeks. Some unfounded, some not.
Ultimately, this is an indirect rejection of us. And that's what's infuriating to me personally.
He may be turning his back on the organization, but the city and fans are what he hurts most.

You don't want to be here? Goodbye then.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Been a lot of character assassination of Jesse in last few weeks. Some unfounded, some not.
Ultimately, this is an indirect rejection of us. And that's what's infuriating to me personally.
He may be turning his back on the organization, but the city and fans are what he hurts most.

You don't to be here? Goodbye then.

Good riddance.

Kolja

1-5-6-14
Oct 30, 2011
Always had a soft spot for Jesse but that spot is turning to stone.

Good riddance! Hope we can pry a late 1st for him at the draft or something.

Reactions: ujju2

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If we have no decent offers I'd let him stay there for a few years at minimum. Hopefully he's had the brains to salt his NHL money away because he's 1 significant injury away from pissing away a lot of career earnings.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
His goal is to be a top-6 winger but he doesn't want to play for the team that would have one of those spots open for him if he put in the work. Makes sense.

Hopefully he has a hot start in Finland and tricks a GM into overpaying for him before December 1.

Reactions: o98

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Seems like a pretty clear case of both management and the player lacking the sense to do what was right for the development of the player.

But I have no idea where Jesse thinks he'll find a NHL job without having to learn English and be gifted top 6 minutes despite failing to contribute in the minutes he's given.

I also wonder how Jesse can think he's still not a problem despite not having the trust of several NHL coaches, his AHL coach and the team Finland coach at the world championships.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Seems like a pretty clear case of both management and the player lacking the sense to do what was right for the development of the player.

But I have no idea where Jesse thinks he'll find a NHL job without having to learn English and be gifted top 6 minutes despite failing to contribute in the minutes he's given.

I also wonder how Jesse can think he's still not a problem despite not having the trust of several NHL coaches, his AHL coach and the team Finland coach at the world championships.

What can Holland do? Jesse can't be sent down to Bako anymore. Holland shouldn't just give Jesse away. I'd tell Jesse and his agent that there have been no suitable offers so enjoy his time back home, work on his English, take some time to reset things and then check in with us periodically.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
The ideal outcome for me would be if he has a great season or two with Kärpät, raises his value and gets traded by Kenny for a prospect or picks to whatever team wants him. Good luck in Oulu.

In hindsight it makes me smile when I think about how almost everyone (including myself) was surprised when Kekäläinen didn't pick him over PLD.

Reactions: B33K33PING

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
This is not a bad move by Jesse. Lammiko made the same decission earlier this summer. Fringe NHL'er, room for growth. Karpa is a great team to work on his game and mature as a person. Oulu has great track record with promising, but struggling prospects.

Reactions: Ippenator

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
If we have no decent offers I'd let him stay there for a few years at minimum. Hopefully he's had the brains to salt his NHL money away because he's 1 significant injury away from pissing away a lot of career earnings.
Hmm??? Isn’t every NHL player one significant injury away from pissing away a lot of career earnings?

Reactions: Loffer

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
What can Holland do? Jesse can't be sent down to Bako anymore. Holland shouldn't just give Jesse away. I'd tell Jesse and his agent that there have been no suitable offers so enjoy his time back home, work on his English, take some time to reset things and then check in with us periodically.

In this case management being Chiarelli.

Agreed Holland couldn't do much more than he has with him, disappointing Jesse would rather bail than embrace a fresh start.

Mara

May 10, 2011
This is not a bad move by Jesse. Lammiko made the same decission earlier this summer. Fringe NHL'er, room for growth. Karpa is a great team to work on his game and mature as a person. Oulu has great track record with promising, but struggling prospects.

Yeah. In Kärpät he gets to play in what I assume is a more comfortable environment with plenty of guys who have NHL experience. Lammikko is in a similar situation to Jesse, and then there's more experienced guys like Jussi Jokinen who have been there and done that. Jokinen should still be a great mentor for him mentally and especially for power play. Many other great older guys on the team as well. You can't really ask for a better place "to get his head in order", if that's a problem for him.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS
Oct 15, 2008
well it was the Edmonton Oilers who picked the player and not the player who picked the organization. They picked the player, didn't develop him, failed to sign a deal with him and now he wants out. Of course he failed as a player when he didn't fulfil the expectations but it's never about just one person.
One of the benefits of this outcome is not having to read crap like this anymore.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
For fans the team needs to be more important than individual players. Sometimes I like a player and then when that player gets traded, I don't think about him anymore. If I was an Oilers fan, I wouldn't think much about Puljujärvi but concentrate on the roster that they have. For example here in Finland we don't get mad when a player leaves for NHL even when it happens quite late in summer and there isn't much time to find a replacement. We just have to concentrate on the current roster. Of course the mayor of Edmonton and other Edmontonians could get offended and might need therapy when a player who never was a big star in the organization, wants to leave but what would that say about the city.

You don't really get the whole scope of the issue. When Pulju was drafted our idiot GM at the time, who made the Hall trade, figured that Lucic and Pulju coming in would "replace most of the Hall offense"

A few years later and we have zero of the ingredients left that were supposed to be contributing that offense.

So that this hurts and stings in a lot of different ways. Some of that has little to do with Pulju.

Good riddance anyway and I'll make zero effort saying anything nice about this.

Pulju can rot.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Yeah. In Kärpät he gets to play in what I assume is a more comfortable environment with plenty of guys who have NHL experience. Lammikko is in a similar situation to Jesse, and then there's more experienced guys like Jussi Jokinen who have been there and done that. Jokinen should still be a great mentor for him mentally and especially for power play. Many other great older guys on the team as well. You can't really ask for a better place "to get his head in order", if that's a problem for him.

Only issue is he won't be learning English or adapting to NA ice

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
well it was the Edmonton Oilers who picked the player and not the player who picked the organization. They picked the player, didn't develop him, failed to sign a deal with him and now he wants out. Of course he failed as a player when he didn't fulfil the expectations but it's never about just one person.

What an interesting and deluded theory this is. The world turned upside down.

Success or failure is mostly about one person.

Did the bolded get lost in translation...

(the wording an excuse to post a pic of a Scarlet I give a damn about..)

rs_1024x759-180730112401-1024-lost-in-translation-0730-jc.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad