Confirmed Signing with Link: Puljujarvi signed to a 1 year deal with Kärpät, Liiga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordievsky

Jan 18, 2019
That only applies to players who aren't on the team's reserve list.

Sorry to derail, but where is all this stuff written down? Is there a 1 stop website with a clear explanation of all of the roster, contract, qualifying, waiver, playing in Europe, etc etc crap or do you have to go back to the source documents like the CBA to understand all this stuff?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Shrugs, Ken Holland had a good offseason and Puljujarvi isn't too bright if he doesn't want to play for a winger starved team with elite Centers.

Grass isn't always greener.

Anyways, Holland is savvy enough to get something decent for Puljujarvi. Whenever... not like the player has done much for the club to be missed.

Would be the least surprice for me, if it's Yzerman who will pick Puljujärvi for the rebuild. And Holland will get something wanted (like Mike Green) he knows from Detroit.

Oilers will just need some time for the extra cap space to grow until December 1st.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Good offseason? How?

Was wondering this myself when I read that. I don’t follow the team very closely but last I saw people were wondering if he was going to really do anything at some point and I haven’t really seen anything pop up except the Ericsson/Lucic swap, then this which is a result of inaction.

Reactions: Kallio and scholl

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Was wondering this myself when I read that. I don’t follow the team very closely but last I saw people were wondering if he was going to really do anything at some point and I haven’t really seen anything pop up except the Ericsson/Lucic swap, then this which is a result of inaction.
His hands are tied until next summer when the Oilers actually have some cap room to work with. His offseason was fine, all things considered.

Puljujarvi leaving is not on Holland. The player wanted out and a trade couldn't be made, so he can go to Europe for a year.

That's if he comes back and plays four more NHL seasons. The Oilers have his rights until July 1, 2025 if he doesn't.

Last edited:

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
His hands are tied until next summer when the Oilers actually have some cap room to work with. His offseason was fine, all things considered.

I mean, clearing cap space is an option, but can see that making such significant changes may not be in best interest while he’s still evaluating things.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Hell. Go play
Oil hold his rights if he figures it out and they don’t fight cap space for a question mark

Seems ok for both at this point

Reactions: Adityase

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I mean... you’re worse than you were 2 years ago now.

But ok.
He dumped the worst contract in the league and improved the bottom six, with limited cap space. That's good enough for me. Next summer is when bigger improvements can be made.

I don't know what else you were expecting but how about not turning this into another piss on Edmonton thread?

Last edited:

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
If Oilers had a dollar extra capspace for every post (and thread) on this forum shitting on their team they could have offered their whole team McDavids contract.

Reactions: Tremor

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Does he genuinely think Holland will give in to his demands(?), which I guess is him thinking he deserves top 6 playtime in a league he doesn’t belong right now because of his draft pedigree.

Holland has been in similar situations with players like Fedorov before, Puljujärvi doesn’t bother him much.

Either way, going back to Finland might be good for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Referee 68

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Good move, he might even be able to restart his career in Oulu. In Edmonton it wasn't going to happen.

It's not going to happen anywhere unless he adjusts his attitude.

Chiarelli did his development no favors but he's shot himself in the foot every step along the way.

Reactions: Ciao

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
If Oilers had a dollar extra capspace for every post (and thread) on this forum ****ting on their team they could have offered their whole team McDavids contract.
If that were true, I would have replied: The Oilers could and would have offered such a contract to the whole team...

Gruß,
BSHH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: