McKenzie: Puljujarvi has requested a trade [Part 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I agree. I think in this case, honoring the request makes sense. You don't want a malcontent sticking around like that, and it's a good way to recoup some value for a player who literally doesn't want to contribute anything at all. It's not like he's a key piece or anything either
But he's not sticking around. He will be in Europe, far from the Oilers. Hopefully he rips it up so the Oilers can recoup some semblance of value.

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
And this is a fair example of.why the NHL treats its young players like garbage.

Also looks very poorly on Holland and the Oilers too.
At the end of the day, NHL is still a business. If you have a new hire that doesn't deliver, you're not going to offer him a raise. You might even fire him and move on.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Any winger trying to break into the league or stay in the league would love the situation in Edmonton. The team has ZERO top 6 wingers and is forced to play centers like Draisaitl and RNH as wingers. Right now Neal and his 7 goals is guaranteed a top 6 spot in Edmonton while career 4th liners like Kassian and Chaisson will be in the top 6.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Puljujiarvi value gets lower with his public comments about not returning to EDM and demanding a trade.

Tough situation for Oil

Reactions: Nickmo82

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hanging on to him at all costs and forcing him to play in Europe will do more to feed the narrative that Edmonton isn't a place players want to play in than trading him before training camp will.

Why would you want to turn this into a huge thing?

People already know players don't want to play here. Free Agents have been spurning this town for 30 years. But when it comes to draft picks, if we draft you, you ain't wasting our only hope of acquiring meaningful players. You want a career in the NHL? You play for the team that spent assets on you, not run away due to entitlement and fear of failure.

McRpro

Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
People already know players don't want to play here. Free Agents have been spurning this town for 30 years. But when it comes to draft picks, if we draft you, you ain't wasting our only hope of acquiring meaningful players. You want a career in the NHL? You play for the team that spent assets on you, not run away due to entitlement and fear of failure.
I'd also imagine most NHL players would see PooJoo as an entitled young punk for instigating this whole situation. Gotta pay your dues like others before you, Jesse.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
It looks more and more like the Yakupov situation. I don't give Puljujarvi two more years until he signs in KHL or SMLiiga. Eventually he will be traded, but i really question his mentality and work ethic. If I would be him I would defenitely go back to the Oilers and show everything they saw in me when they drafted me.

That's too easy to say I'm not happy, I don't want to play here anymore, what is Puljujarvi expecting? He will be traded to another NHL team and play top line and PP minutes? For now he proven nothing, the only thing he has shown is selfishness, bad skating, mentally weak.

Reactions: HenrikW

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Any winger trying to break into the league or stay in the league would love the situation in Edmonton. The team has ZERO top 6 wingers and is forced to play centers like Draisaitl and RNH as wingers. Right now Neal and his 7 goals is guaranteed a top 6 spot in Edmonton while career 4th liners like Kassian and Chaisson will be in the top 6.
Defenitely, dream situation for any kids right now in Edmonton.

Hope Benson, Yamamoto, Gambardella will show that they have heart and eager to show they belong to NHL.

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
The ethical thing to do is grant a request of a player who doesnt want to play for the team any more. It's hardly an unreasonable one either considering hownthe faired ith the team so far.

The cheerleading of some folks in advocating the Oilers essentially destroy this young mans career is fairly disgusting

Ethical thing to do? What nonsense you are spouting. Hockey is a business and your statement alone proves you have zero understanding of what business ethics are.

If Jesse wants out then he will need to put some effort in and increase his value so that the Oilers can get a reasonable return. Him stomping his feet and saying he will stay in Europe just shows how immature and misled he is as he has ZERO leverage.

I have no sympathy for the kid as he hindered his own development by not taking learning English seriously.

McRpro

Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I feel your guys pain
Meh it's really not that much pain. It would be if he was coming off say a 20G 30A season and just demanded a trade, then he would be missed and there would be pressure on the team to trade him for help for the upcoming season. As it stands he's basically a useless NHL player with diminishing potential that foolishly asked for a trade.

Having said that....Jack for Jesse?

Reactions: clunk

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Meh it's really not that much pain. It would be if he was coming off say a 20G 30A season and just demanded a trade, then he would be missed and there would be pressure on the team to trade him for help for the upcoming season. As it stands he's basically a useless NHL player with diminishing potential that foolishly asked for a trade.

Having said that....Jack for Jesse?
Yeah, exactly. He's a pretty sub par player acting like he has much more value than he does.

Good riddance, in my opinion.

Reactions: McRpro

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Or he just wants out of Edmonton?
I mean, he had RNH as a linemate for most of the season and also saw some time with McDavid, yet still couldn't produce. He got put in some favourable positions and wasn't able to step up. It's obviously his right to want out, but if I'm an Oilers fan, I'm not that upset about it. This is coming from a fan of a rival, that hates the Oilers. Such an insignificant player propped up by how high he was drafted 3 years ago.

Reactions: PuckG

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Yeah he hasn't earned anything yet...still on ELC.. (...) Tough situation for Oil
He currently has no contract of any kind. Edmonton isn't paying him a dime. The only thing Oilers have is the rights for him until 27, if he wants to return to NHL. But I kind of have a feeling this was it for him in the NHL. Edmonton was the easiest team to land a spot in, and he failed miserably. He'll probably play in Oulu for a season, and maybe puts up average results - say, 14+16=30 in 50 GP - and then probably ends up somewhere in Switzerland a few years later, if he still can score decently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad