McKenzie: Puljujarvi has requested a trade [Part 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Sadly he'll be snuffed out by the Oilers rather than traded for value.. Well there's a minor chance for him to play in Kärpät again..

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Honka+ one of dallas’ grab bag of bottom six forwards. Val, Comeau, Janmark, Pitlick, whoever

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
What about Perreault straight up? Oilers get a player that can immediately contribute to any line and any role, Jets shed some salary and take the risk on Poolparty.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He should have accrued 2 nhl seasons. Didn’t play in the nhl enough to earn a year towards ufa in 16-17.

He is either 5 or 6 years from ufa depending on where he plays next season.

If he plays in the nhl next season he would be ufa in 5 years so in 2024.

If he returns to Finland he would be ufa in 2025.

He either needs 7 nhl seasons or turns 27 with 4 nhl seasons.

Pretty sure he did play enough to earn a year towards UFA in 16-17.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Smart thing to do is let him go to Europe and improve. If he wants to play in the NHL he has to earn it. I believe he got plenty of chances. Most young players like that would have went to the AHL. Maybe if Oilers can turn it around next year he will regret going to europe.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Would Carolina want him for someone like Fleury? Carolina has a lot of defensive depth, and I know Edmonton needs defenseman. Or they could trade someone like Gauthier, another 2016-er who isn't quite making in the NHL yet?

Edit: or as part of a bigger deal with Faulk?

The last thing the oilers need is more fringe NHL defenseman depth

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
If there's no acceptable trade value for him right now, offer him a 1 year $1,025,000 contract and tell him he'll be playing on the Oilers for the foreseeable future.

If Jesse refuses, then Europe or KHL it is and we'll take it from there. A few years go by then both parties can see if something can materialize with the Oilers or a sensible trade.

Right now being a add in a trade, 3rd rnd pick or a 4th liner value atm doesn't cut it for me.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I thought he was small and skilled, but when I went to see Edmonton play I was surprised to find out he is big and slow. I don't really see all that much skill, although maybe I've forgotten about it. But definitely big and slow is what I think about now when I think about Puljujarvi.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
Interesting young player stuck in a drowning Edmonton team who wants out already. What would it cost the rangers and would it even be worth it. I don't know much about the kid don't see EDM play much but have heard this rumors a few times the past week or so.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
There was another thread like this. If you ask me, NYI declines. Ho Sang has produced decently over a 50+ NHL sample and didn't have two lower body surgeries.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
makes sense from an outside perspective. risk for risk. islanders taking on more but getting the higher potential payout

the only question left to ask is "are you feeling lucky"

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I'd rather trade Frolik elsewhere, e.g the Zucker trade than to Edmonton. Would I like Pulijarvi? Sure. But not by trading with Edmonton.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
PoolParty is a lot more likely to turn it around than Ho-Sang IMO.
Islanders would have to add. Possibly a conditional pick based on JP's production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad