McKenzie: Puljujarvi has requested a trade [Part 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I have the impression that Puljujärvi thinks way too highly of himself, or perhaps it's his agent who's pumped his tired to him or something. Especially when he got sent down to AHL for the first time, reading his interview at the time reinforced this opinion. It to me feels like he thinks he doesn't have anything he needs to improve and he needs to be handed everything on a silver platter. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason he was in NHL was because he was being adamant about playing up there instead of getting sent down to AHL, for one reason or another. But a prospect who views AHL as a punishment rather than an opportunity to improve will not get far.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
So if its between UFAs, cap dumps and a 3rd round pick id rather just send him to Europe.

Can someone confirm but isnt it 6 more years till he would be UFA? If he wants to go that route fine with me. I can wait and I wouldnt be surprised in a year or two if his tone on coming back changes
He should have accrued 2 nhl seasons. Didn’t play in the nhl enough to earn a year towards ufa in 16-17.

He is either 5 or 6 years from ufa depending on where he plays next season.

If he plays in the nhl next season he would be ufa in 5 years so in 2024.

If he returns to Finland he would be ufa in 2025.

He either needs 7 nhl seasons or turns 27 with 4 nhl seasons.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Habs have no room on the wings

Left wing
Tatar
Drouin
Poehling (assuming he plays #3 winger)
Lehkonen

Right wing
Gallagher
Shaw
Byron
Armia

We could fit him into the bottom 6 if we move Lehkonen (considering he sucks) but idk if Pulju would want that. Unless we stick Poehling on #4C and make room for pulju on the 3rd line.

You're part of an extremely small minority who thinks any of those things are true.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018

Left wing
Tatar
Drouin
Lehkonen

Right wing
Gallagher
Shaw
Byron
Armia

We could fit him into the bottom 6 if we move Lehkonen (considering he sucks) but idk if Pulju would want that. Unless we stick Poehling on #4C and make room for pulju on the 3rd line.
Then i would make room and trade Armia (signed) + 3rd or Byron

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Left wing
Tatar
Drouin
Lehkonen

Right wing
Gallagher
Shaw
Byron
Armia

We 100% have room on that right wing

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
If there is nothing of value to trade him for the Oilers are better of keeping him and letting play in Europe for a season. It would probably be the best thing for him based on his previous play. The Oilers certainly rushed a player that was not ready for the NHL, but he is only 21, and does have some nice tools. He is 6'4, can skate and has a heavy shot when he uses it. Even if he never becomes as good offensively as hoped, there could still be a very effective NHL player in there somewhere. I think confidence is a big issue as well. When he has the puck on his stick he always seem to be in a rush to just dish it off without finding the best play. Fumbles the puck a lot, fans on shots, doesn't seem to have the confidence to make plays. Maybe a year in Europe playing with pros might help him develop his pro game more and give him confidence.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
If there is nothing of value to trade him for the Oilers are better of keeping him and letting play in Europe for a season. It would probably be the best thing for him based on his previous play. The Oilers certainly rushed a player that was not ready for the NHL, but he is only 21, and does have some nice tools. He is 6'4, can skate and has a heavy shot when he uses it. Even if he never becomes as good offensively as hoped, there could still be a very effective NHL player in there somewhere. I think confidence is a big issue as well. When he has the puck on his stick he always seem to be in a rush to just dish it off without finding the best play. Fumbles the puck a lot, fans on shots, doesn't seem to have the confidence to make plays. Maybe a year in Europe playing with pros might help him develop his pro game more and give him confidence.

This is pretty much bang on.

Reactions: hmc1987

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
This whole farce is getting more and more ridiculous each passing day. I really don't know what to even think of him anymore.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Can't believe there are already two threads regarding a player who has 37 points in 139 games and is a career -10. I get his draft pedigree but two threads worth?!

Reactions: TML1990

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I'm sure some team will think they caught ligtning in a bottle, a year from now nobody will.

Doubtful, he hasn’t shown he’s an NHL player yet (9 points last year) and he’d have to go on waivers to go to the AHL. He already has no value. He actually might build more value if he can perform well overseas for a year.

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
Would Carolina want him for someone like Fleury? Carolina has a lot of defensive depth, and I know Edmonton needs defenseman. Or they could trade someone like Gauthier, another 2016-er who isn't quite making in the NHL yet?

Edit: or as part of a bigger deal with Faulk?

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Doubtful, he hasn’t shown he’s an NHL player yet (9 points last year) and he’d have to go on waivers to go to the AHL. He already has no value. He actually might build more value if he can perform well overseas for a year.
Well, the Oilers found a buyer for Yak so.....

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Would Carolina want him for someone like Fleury? Carolina has a lot of defensive depth, and I know Edmonton needs defenseman. Or they could trade someone like Gauthier, another 2016-er who isn't quite making in the NHL yet?

Edit: or as part of a bigger deal with Faulk?

The Oilers don't really need defensemen.

They could definitely use a top-end guy, but they almost have too many second/third pairing guys.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
So if its between UFAs, cap dumps and a 3rd round pick id rather just send him to Europe.

Can someone confirm but isnt it 6 more years till he would be UFA? If he wants to go that route fine with me. I can wait and I wouldnt be surprised in a year or two if his tone on coming back changes

Yes, that's correct. A player needs to accrue 7 seasons or be 27 years old by June 30th of that season. So he'll be a UFA for the 2025-26 season.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Really hoping Minnesota is able to pull off another Nino-like acquisition....

Then we can proceed to trade him for a cap dump after he has 1 bad year.

Reactions: Shark Finn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad