News Article: Puempel trashes sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseHenry9

Jun 4, 2015
Lol this is such a joke, plays one game then comes out with that statement. You'd think as a young kid trying to find your way into the league, you wouldn't be blaming professionals for your mistakes. The guy was given so many second chances. This year Varone outplayed him at camp and I'm sure most can agree he stayed and Varone was sent down due to the chances of Peumps being claimed were higher. Which is basically because of his draft history. We gave him another 1 year deal, continuing to give him another chance.....Boucher even gave him PP time and games in the top 6. He was simply not even close to good enough. My definition of him is a floater, he doesn't have speed, he isn't physical, he isn't even average away from the puck and he doesn't know how to use his shot at the NHL level. He just floats around and goes through the motions. Usually I wish anyone the best but in his case, dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The draft is a crap shoot. Highly ranked players that don't pan out are considered busts. But lower ranked players that turn out well are considered brilliant scouting.
If the scouts were so smart, they'd pick in the right order. Lol.
Just proves that there's so much race track left after a kid is drafted. So much depends on the development AFTER the draft as well as the mental make-up of the player.

:handclap:

Great post. At the level these kids are at (on draft lists), for most kids who aren't in that 'top 20' or so range, it's all about what happens after the draft. Do they continue to work hard and listen to the trainers and coaches...or do they think they've already made it because they're a draft pick? Attitude, work ethic and determination are the most important traits for the vast majority of picks.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I'm glad that someone at 1200 (Simmer) had the stones to call it like it is.

Paraphrasing: Puempel screwed up, the damage is done, and recanting his statement doesn't do squat. For all he knows, Ottawa could claim him back when he inevitably gets put back on waivers. The only place his comments were heard is Ottawa. New York City doesn't give two ***** about Matt Puempel. It really isn't good to burn any bridges, no matter how small, when you're a bubble player in the league.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He's a young guy who spoke before he thought but he also said the truth. Ottawa's style now is to dump & chase & play a sound defensive game which I said many times last yr they needed to do to reduce the shots against & be harder to play against.

Puempel is an offensive guy who wants to play a more free wheeling game which isn't any different than Hoffman or Ryan. I also think that Larry Brooks took advantage of the kid to get a sensational type story & do what he does best, stir the pot. I wish him well with the Rangers but I don't think he has the speed or smarts to be a top line player in the NHL.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

Paraphrasing: Puempel screwed up, the damage is done, and recanting his statement doesn't do squat. For all he knows, Ottawa could claim him back when he inevitably gets put back on waivers. The only place his comments were heard is Ottawa. New York City doesn't give two ***** about Matt Puempel. It really isn't good to burn any bridges, no matter how small, when you're a bubble player in the league.

LOL! That would be funny. He gets placed on waivers again, Sens claim him, and then bury him in the ECHL or loan him to Siberia of the KHL.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

If he's re-waived, he can go down to Ottawa's AHL team, I think. Which would be great, we need some help down there. Enjoy Bingo if that happens Matt, you're not playing NHL hockey here anymore.

And really...it's going to happen. The kid is not that good. At least Prince showed he could play here, Puempel did nothing to prove anything. When NY gets ZBad back and perhaps makes an acquisition, Puempel is gone via waivers, book it!

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If he's re-waived, he can go down to Ottawa's AHL team, I think. Which would be great, we need some help down there. Enjoy Bingo if that happens Matt, you're not playing NHL hockey here anymore.

And really...it's going to happen. The kid is not that good. At least Prince showed he could play here, Puempel did nothing to prove anything. When NY gets ZBad back and perhaps makes an acquisition, Puempel is gone via waivers, book it!

NYR have Buch and Zib on the IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad