News Article: Puempel trashes sens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
The Sens knew he was unlikely to clear waivers and gave him a chance to get a reboot and now he is whining. Boo Hoo.

I watch the Senators this season and players know their roles, what to do in situations and are gaining confidence with each game - they are actually looking like a well coached professional hockey team vs. the disorganized mess of the last couple of years. If that is "stale" to Puempel then good luck with your new gig because you just don't get it. If you want to play pond hockey, go for it.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Yikes reading the Rangers thread on him. At this point in his career he isn't anything more than a guy who can plug a hole on the bottom line. What has he shown he can do well? The one thing I really liked about his game was his willingness to go to the dirty areas. Doesn't exactly scream talented NHL player though.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Yikes reading the Rangers thread on him. At this point in his career he isn't anything more than a guy who can plug a hole on the bottom line. What has he shown he can do well? The one thing I really liked about his game was his willingness to go to the dirty areas. Doesn't exactly scream talented NHL player though.

He does try to go to the dirty areas but its not like hes a physical presence that can win battles or is super adept around the net and boards

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Anyone member when Daugavins trashed the country club atmosphere and the teams commitment to winning how the times have changed

he didn't say we had a country club atmosphere at all. Plenty of players said that over the years of our early 2000's teams both internal and external players but that's not what he said.

Daug left when we were a young team and rebuilding, he went to the Bruins when they were still considered a contender. All he said was that the environment at the Bruins was one of a winner where Ottawa was just a young team that didn't have that championship mentality.

He was critiqued for it, which was silly, just like Pumps being critiqued for stating the obvious. An offensive player will not enjoy a highly defensive structured team, he cant flourish fully since he cant take massive risks. Im sure Bobby Ryan feels the same way but all of these players will take winning over anything, so that's that. No reason to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Personally I hope he does well, young guy who paid his dues in the AHL, never publicly complained nor has he ever done anything violent/against the law. Why would I hate a guy like that? Hopefully he scores a ton of goals and never cares about his time in Ottawa again.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I wish pumps the all the best I was positive his comments were taken out of context when they were first posted and I still feel that way.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I wish pumps the all the best I was positive his comments were taken out of context when they were first posted and I still feel that way.

I don't even look at it as trashing Sens. Who cares. Call a bunch of ******s or something then we're talking.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
11:28 TOI, 0G, 0A, 0SOG... Just NY letting him play his game is all. Last night was a more "regular" game for Puemps.

Meh I thought he looked good. Also looks so comfortable on the PP. Will probably never be more than a 20 goal guy though.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I wanted Jurco/Phillips/Beaulieu. Obviously the Sea Dog connection pushed my wants :laugh:

Phillips was a product of Huberdeau, Jurco just isn't very good, Beaulieu would be great.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Yeah but we kept Pageau and Dzingel :yo:

Just shows the reality of the draft.

I remember being so fired up to have those picks and thinking it's a guarantee, but our better players came later....

I will say Ottawa seems to do well in the later rounds

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
The draft is a crap shoot. Highly ranked players that don't pan out are considered busts. But lower ranked players that turn out well are considered brilliant scouting.
If the scouts were so smart, they'd pick in the right order. Lol.
Just proves that there's so much race track left after a kid is drafted. So much depends on the development AFTER the draft as well as the mental make-up of the player.

hooknshoot

Dipsy Doodle
Nov 23, 2014
Canada
The Sens knew he was unlikely to clear waivers and gave him a chance to get a reboot and now he is whining. Boo Hoo.

I watch the Senators this season and players know their roles, what to do in situations and are gaining confidence with each game - they are actually looking like a well coached professional hockey team vs. the disorganized mess of the last couple of years. If that is "stale" to Puempel then good luck with your new gig because you just don't get it. If you want to play pond hockey, go for it.

0e882dfdaafef52a4ab86bcd39f1949c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad