News Article: Puck Daddy: Rangers are a "team that just isn't good"

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
How does the D suck? The fact each one of them was banged up should mean something . Look at all the surgeries. d depth was a strength going in. Yandle 3rd pair stinks?

It's not worth arguing. The same point and counter points will be brought up as both sides refuse to remove the brick wall from in front of their faces.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
How does the D suck? The fact each one of them was banged up should mean something . Look at all the surgeries. d depth was a strength going in. Yandle 3rd pair stinks?

The defense sucked before any of them got hurt.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Lambert hates the Rangers. I don't what team he likes but he's always putting the Rangers down. Wyshinski is a partisan Devils fan but even he is not nearly as bad as Lambert is.

The Rangers have played more playoff games the last 4 years than any other team except maybe Chicago and not winning the Stanley Cup--it has usually been because our offense let us down--not our defense. Last year when we went to the SC finals was the best our offense has looked all four years. This year it kind of crapped out again but we were still a final 4 team.

When a team has as much playoff success as the Rangers have had in this day and age--it's hard to keep it together because there are more and more players making more and more money and it runs into cap casualties just about every year and it's coming to Chicago too--Kane and Toews $10 mil per year contracts are kicking in next year. It's going to be tougher for them too. One thing they have going for them though is they still have a lot of really good prospects. Us--not very much.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Lambert hates the Rangers. I don't what team he likes but he's always putting the Rangers down. Wyshinski is a partisan Devils fan but even he is not nearly as bad as Lambert is.

The Rangers have played more playoff games the last 4 years than any other team except maybe Chicago and not winning the Stanley Cup--it has usually been because our offense let us down--not our defense. Last year when we went to the SC finals was the best our offense has looked all four years. This year it kind of crapped out again but we were still a final 4 team.

When a team has as much playoff success as the Rangers have had in this day and age--it's hard to keep it together because there are more and more players making more and more money and it runs into cap casualties just about every year and it's coming to Chicago too--Kane and Toews $10 mil per year contracts are kicking in next year. It's going to be tougher for them too. One thing they have going for them though is they still have a lot of really good prospects. Us--not very much.

Lambert is a Bruins fan, and I don't see any noticeable difference from how he usually writes.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Saying the Rangers are simply "okay" is enough for him to be **** upon. Also, the fact that his delivery is disgustingly arrogant and pretentious.

I follow him on twitter and it's insane how pretentious he is. Literally EVERYTHING he says is fact and if you don't agree you're a moron.

Called the Rangers a fluke ALL SEASON. Apparently in his mind, anything short of us winning the cup makes him right. We won the President's trophy and were tied going into the 3rd period of game 7 of the ECF.

The Rangers' advanced stats obviously tell us of some problems with the team, but to call them just okay and a fluke is ridiculous. This isn't a 2014 Colorado situation. ECF 3 out of 4 seasons, SCF once, President's trophy. To have the opinion that the Rangers are just okay and not good is a pretty prepotrous opinion to have. They have to at least be considered a top 3 team in the East.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I don't really agree with Lambert.

However, he accomplished his goal. He wrote an article that people are talking about.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Lambert is smart when he wants to be and is right about our defense.

However, his diagnosis as a whole is fully displaying New Jersey Devils fanhood. There's more positive about the Rangers than there is negative.

EDIT: If he's not, I guess he just doesn't like the Rangers. This isn't the first time. And like I said, there's things he's right about. There's other things he just ignores.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Actually if he's a Bruins fan that's even better.

The irony of him taking issue with a team that competes because of their goaltender despite a horrible defense is hilarious.

C'mon Ryan, do we really want to get into the 2011 Bruins advanced stats?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Actually if he's a Bruins fan that's even better.

The irony of him taking issue with a team that competes because of their goaltender despite a horrible defense is hilarious.

C'mon Ryan, do we really want to get into the 2011 Bruins advanced stats?

An issue with the Bruins might be their advanced stats....even so not even making the playoffs is the real issue. When you were as high as they were a couple years ago this is the equivalent of falling out of a plane with no parachute. The Bruins are an aging team on the way down. They don't have a lot of good depth and they're not all that great as far as prospects go. Chiarelli has left Sweeney a husk of a team that it was a couple years ago.

Mr. Lambert doesn't have a lot to look forward to in the next few years and his article as well as his recent ramblings on the Rangers just strike me as bitterness.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Lambert is a Bruins fan, and I don't see any noticeable difference from how he usually writes.

Lambert is smart when he wants to be and is right about our defense.

However, his diagnosis as a whole is fully displaying New Jersey Devils fanhood. There's more positive about the Rangers than there is negative.

EDIT: If he's not, I guess he just doesn't like the Rangers. This isn't the first time. And like I said, there's things he's right about. There's other things he just ignores.

He's not a Bruins fan. He just lives in Boston. He's a Preds fan AFAIK.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Other than flat out calling the Rangers a fluke, I don't see what he said that's absurd

MSL is absolutely done.

This defense sucks (that's open to debate but it's not like the notion is absolutely ridiculous).

And blaming Nash is definitely misguided.

Wait when were we talking about him strictly saying absurd things? We're just talking about him being wrong. Don't forget you can say something correct but then the method of backing up the correct point can be so embellished that it is now incorrect. That's most of what he discusses

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Saying the Rangers D sucks is just hater-ism. I think the correct thing to say is not as good as advertised which is what happens when everyone has a broken this or that. If the general success the Rangers have had over the last 4 years or so is a "fluke", so be it, I'll take it. More informed minds will tell you that it has more to do with the radical change in team building approach, e.g. develop within the system.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
McDonagh for one is capable of playing better than he did this year. That being said skating around on a broken foot the last 3/4 games of the conference final surely didn't help the cause. Nor did Girardi's MCL strain or the fluid that had to be drained from his ankle. He's never been the fastest skater and a ****ed up knee and ankle not likely to make him faster. Nor did Yandle's shoulder strain. Mysteriously it almost seemed at the time that his offensive game reappeared.

Any case you need some luck to win a Stanley Cup. It's a grueling physical marathon and match ups are key...the Caps series was a doozy and staying away from serious injuries are another key...something that Mr. Lambert pretty much ignored in his article. He picks his spots....it's not really great analysis...nothing worth getting a paycheck for anyway IMO. The Rangers were much luckier last year both in terms of match ups and staying healthy. This year luck went the other way. The one thing I wonder most about is why AV didn't use Hunwick more but I don't suppose whe a team has 4/5 of its defensemen already banged up it would have made much of a difference anyway.

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
This is just done to troll us for hits for their site. By overstating and taking advantage of how vulnerable we ranger fans are after a disappointing ending. Nothing more, nothing less. Just because some guy has a by line on Puck Daddy doesnt automatically give him a one up on most of us on critical thinking about why the rangers lost.

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
Lundqvist was his usual excellent self. But i disagree if the commentator is saying Lundqvist was stealing games left and right all season. He missed a third of the season, for one.
No. This is a very good team. And i expect them to remain so.

Do those guys actually get paid to write nonsense? Apparently Lundqvist was the only reason the Rangers won the President's trophy with Lundqvist missing two months. The Rangers were 6th in the Conference when he got hurt and first when he came back. Also, I guess everything went right the last 4 years for them to reach the conference finals 3 times and get to the Finals once. Finally, if everything went right for them this year I guess losing McDonagh, Klein, and Stepan for a month each and Lundqvist for two months constitutes "everything going right".

Dec 13, 2010

Lambert's actually a Flames fan who just lives in Boston. Has often openly talked about his Calgary fandom.

The fact is outside of McDonagh and Staal the defense this season was pretty bad. Girardi is a monumentally overpaid #4-5 defenseman (http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=103314383&postcount=527 if you don't understand why), Dan Boyle is horrible and shouldn't be in the league, Kevin Klein is a #4 at absolute best, and Yandle who is good spent almost no time with the team and struggled through most of that time.

This team is good they're just not THAT good. They wouldn't have stood a chance against the Hawks or Ducks. They weren't as good as the Lightning. I don't think they should have beat the Caps and I don't think they were as good as the Habs. There were other teams in the West I had above them too.

Also, he's right in that Rangers fans getting on Nash is misguided and wrong. The guy had the 2nd most points of any Ranger in the playoffs only to his center (who is SUPPOSED to have the most points) and was their best forward in the ECF. It's not Rick Nash's fault this team didn't win, it's the fact that money that could have gone to actual players was instead wasted on Boyle, St. Louis, and Glass. When you only have the illusion of depth you can be shut down easily.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Lambert's actually a Flames fan who just lives in Boston. Has often openly talked about his Calgary fandom.

The fact is outside of McDonagh and Staal the defense this season was pretty bad. Girardi is a monumentally overpaid #4-5 defenseman (http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=103314383&postcount=527 if you don't understand why), Dan Boyle is horrible and shouldn't be in the league, Kevin Klein is a #4 at absolute best, and Yandle who is good spent almost no time with the team and struggled through most of that time.

This team is good they're just not THAT good. They wouldn't have stood a chance against the Hawks or Ducks. They weren't as good as the Lightning. I don't think they should have beat the Caps and I don't think they were as good as the Habs. There were other teams in the West I had above them too.

Also, he's right in that Rangers fans getting on Nash is misguided and wrong. The guy had the 2nd most points of any Ranger in the playoffs only to his center (who is SUPPOSED to have the most points) and was their best forward in the ECF. It's not Rick Nash's fault this team didn't win, it's the fact that money that could have gone to actual players was instead wasted on Boyle, St. Louis, and Glass. When you only have the illusion of depth you can be shut down easily.

Thought it was funny that you quoted my own post in response to me.

The bolded is utterly false.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

Trying wayyyyyy too hard.

Utterly misinformed post overall, though.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Oh the Flames. That beats them all. The worst ****ing team to ever see the white of the ice according to analytics.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Rangers are a flawed team so there is some truth to this. You can't win the Cup paying 12 or whatever% of cap to your goalie. Doesn't matter how great he is. He can't go out and score goals and we heard over and over from the Hank fan club during the playoffs that you can't win if you don't score. Look at Tampa and Chicago, they are both at rent-a-goalie or play-the-hot goalie from game to game mode. Shows you goalies don't win Cups.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Corey Crawford is not rent-a-goalie. He performs better statistically and wins even more than Jonathan Quick behind a vastly inferior defense, and yet Crawford sucks and Quick is an elite goalie :lol:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00