HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Because of advanced stats?

-Blaming Rick Nash is indeed stupid as ****

-MSL is done and not an NHL player at this point

-This defense is atrocious.

Where's the disconnect?

Yeah he is. There are 2 good teams in the league I guess?

And how is this an anomaly when they did even better just last year?

I just said I don't agree with that part.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
-Blaming Rick Nash is indeed stupid as ****

-MSL is done and not an NHL player at this point

-This defense is atrocious.

Where's the disconnect?

I just said I don't agree with that part.

My bad. I read it as saying that excerpt is the part that isn't wrong.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
What stupidity. Despite not winning the Cup, the Rangers are probably top 5 most successful teams over the past 5 years.

I would say that LA, Boston, and Chicago are probably the only ones that have been more so.

The Rangers are a flawed team, but they are also an elite team.

This is true AND document-able!!

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Are the Rangers perfect? No. Do they need some tweaking? Absolutely. Are they only an ok hockey team? Absolutely not.

Teams don't win the Presidents trophy by accident.

Was it luck when Lundqvist got hurt and was out 2 months? Was it luck when McDonagh played the entire season and playoffs hurt? Was it luck when Zuccarello sustained a potentially career ending injury and missed the majority of the playoffs? Was it luck when Stepan missed 6 weeks from a broken leg? I can go on.

Some things went right for the Rangers to win the President's trophy. Let's not pretend that there wasn't any adversity along the way and that everyone else sucked as the reasoning for being the best team in the league.

What a hackish article.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Are the Rangers perfect? No. Do they need some tweaking? Absolutely. Are they only an ok hockey team? Absolutely not.

Teams don't win the Presidents trophy by accident.

Was it luck when Lundqvist got hurt and was out 2 months? Was it luck when McDonagh played the entire season and playoffs hurt? Was it luck when Zuccarello sustained a potentially career ending injury and missed the majority of the playoffs? Was it luck when Stepan missed 6 weeks from a broken leg? I can go on.

Some things went right for the Rangers to win the President's trophy. Let's not pretend that there wasn't any adversity along the way and that everyone else sucked as the reasoning for being the best team in the league.

What a hackish article.

He did?

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

I'm not convinced his shoulder was 100% healthy after he came back. It would explain his painfully average regular season. The broken foot was the icing on the cake.

I would wager that McDonagh is in the Norris discussion next season.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Why do I care what that biased-ass Debbies fan has to say? Are you people seriously getting bent out of shape about what this loser Debbie fan blogger has to say?

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
This team needs a few snipers. Replace Marty with say, Boedker and trade Nash for Kessel and this team will be much better off. Maybe call Tambellini up at some point next season to at least give him a taste of the big boys level and see what he can do. Right now it's a team full of playmakers and no one with an excellent shot.

Our defense is fine, though letting Stralman go was an obvious mistake. One has to keep in mind that our D was heavily injured as well.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
This team needs a few snipers. Replace Marty with say, Boedker and trade Nash for Kessel and this team will be much better off. Maybe call Tambellini up at some point next season to at least give him a taste of the big boys level and see what he can do. Right now it's a team full of playmakers and no one with an excellent shot.

Our defense is fine, though letting Stralman go was an obvious mistake. One has to keep in mind that our D was heavily injured as well.

Trading Nash for Kessel does nothing but make our forward core far worse defensively.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Yea this article is dead on. They make it to the finals last year, then go first overall , then come one game from going to the finals again

Team stinks pack it in:sarcasm:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
That writer has been calling the Rangers bad all season and predicting a first round exit all season.

He's actually a good writer and I agree with most of what he says and most of his points about the Rangers. But that line about them just being okay not not good comes off a little asinine after the won the President's Trophy AND made it to the ECF. That's quite a bit more than okay.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
he brought up his points in response to the scapegoating of Nash, and used some pretty good evidence to back up his point. The standard of the discussion is also very high. He's not saying that the Rangers play bad defense compared to the average NHL team. He's saying it's bad compared to the best teams in the NHL.

That's totally fair. If we're asking what it would take for the Rangers to get over that hump and win a cup, it's important to ask these types of questions and back it up like that. There's a lot at stake considering that scape goating Nash may only make things worse.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
This is one of the best teams in the league. We won the President's Trophy, made the conference finals in three of the last four years. Anyone who doesn't think we're a major contender going into next season is crazy.

Hell, Tampa got pushed to 7 games in round one. Imagine if they lost that game to Detroit, they wouldn't be in the finals and they would be getting criticism for "choking" and falling below expectations. Winning, and especially winning in the playoffs, is hard. The teams that make the playoffs are so close in ability and skill level.

The Rangers are an exceptional team. Losing before the finals doesn't change that.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Oh, he's incredibly wrong.

Ryan Lambert is a human landfill. Pretentious ********** who thinks his opinion is gospel and just wants to throw charts in your face.

Other than flat out calling the Rangers a fluke, I don't see what he said that's absurd

MSL is absolutely done.

This defense sucks (that's open to debate but it's not like the notion is absolutely ridiculous).

And blaming Nash is definitely misguided.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Other than flat out calling the Rangers a fluke, I don't see what he said that's absurd

MSL is absolutely done.

This defense sucks (that's open to debate but it's not like the notion is absolutely ridiculous).

Saying the Rangers are simply "okay" is enough for him to be **** upon. Also, the fact that his delivery is disgustingly arrogant and pretentious.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Saying the Rangers are simply "okay" is enough for him to be **** upon. Also, the fact that his delivery is disgustingly arrogant and pretentious.

Well, yes, I'm not arguing that.

Ryan Lambert is notoriously arrogant so I'm not surprised. It's never bothered me though.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

MSL is absolutely done.

How does the D suck? The fact each one of them was banged up should mean something . Look at all the surgeries. d depth was a strength going in. Yandle 3rd pair stinks?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00