GDT: Pt. 2: 2015 NHL Draft (STREAM, TV info and draft data in post #1: please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Didn't see this posted during the draft:

"@broadstreetbull: Homer called @torontomapleleafs table, "You owe me""

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm absolutely ****ing giddy after the first day... couldn't have possibly gone any better. Provorov is awesome and I never expected to be able to get Konecny too... just incredible. His health history is a bit scary but we'll just have to cross our fingers and hope it's not an issue.

Even more excited to see what happens tomorrow, especially if Hexgod can find a way to get rid of some of our dead weight and add even more picks.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I knew there would be some surprise fallers but I never expected the Boston incident nor Merkley and Komecny to fall so far. I barely got hyped to pick Konecny cause I thought there was no chance we'd get him

Great draft. Very very very happy

Would love to trade into the mid second round but I think I'd be just as happy if these two players were all we drafted . Love everything about getting Konecny since we didn't take a forward at 7

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I think with the way the top 6 picks played out, I think Hextall made the right call tonight. The forwards on the board just had too many question marks that could prevent them from being top line guys and at 7 you have to nail the pick. Provorov is as safe as they come.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Today @ 10:19 PM ET
Flyers Nation ‏@FlyersNation 1m1 minute ago

The #Flyers end up with ISS Hockey's 7th and 12th ranked players in the draft, not bad.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I still can't get over Boston, either. That's historically bad. They returned the same value for Hamilton that the Islanders got for Griffin Reinhart...and the Isles managed to draft Barzal with the Bruins taking Senyshyn with that pick. :laugh:

I've never seen ineptitude quite like that in pro sports. Zboril, DeBrusk, and Senyshyn would have only been a decent haul for a team with picks 20, 25, and 35, let alone a team with picks 13, 14, and 15.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Today @ 10:44 PM ET
Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull 28s29 seconds ago

Hexy has had exploratory talks with several teams about moving some D-men. Stay tuned. #Flyers

I like that he used the word "some".

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
I still can't get over Boston, either. That's historically bad. They returned the same value for Hamilton that the Islanders got for Griffin Reinhart...and the Isles managed to draft Barzal with the Bruins taking Senyshyn with that pick. :laugh:

I've never seen ineptitude quite like that in pro sports. Zboril, DeBrusk, and Senyshyn would have only been a decent haul for a team with picks 20, 25, and 35, let alone a team with picks 13, 14, and 15.

Yeah, that was completely crazy. In a few years Sweeney will look back and say "oops"

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Talk about polar opposites, our board vs the bruins board.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It almost seems like Boston had their draft mapped out before the trades were complete. I think having 3 consecutive picks was a little too overwhelming for them as crazy as it sounds. They didn't have time to take a breathe and field some calls. Hate to write a team off on draft night, but doesn't look too pretty right now. What an emotional day for them.

GingerFetish

Feb 26, 2013
Hope we can a shut down defender sometime tomorrow as we pretty much have only Morin, as opposed to our other 3 very offensive d-men, and I don't envision L.Schenn staying with the club.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Hope we can a shut down defender sometime tomorrow as we pretty much have only Morin, as opposed to our other 3 very offensive d-men, and I don't envision L.Schenn staying with the club.

Are you talking about prospect wise? Provorov is very solid in his own zone.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
This is what is crazy:

Griffin Rienhart returns #16 and #33
Dougie Hamilton returns #15, 45, 52

Rienhart returned more than Hamilton because I don't think 45 and 52 gets you to 33.

Crazy!

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
It almost seems like Boston had their draft mapped out before the trades were complete. I think having 3 consecutive picks was a little too overwhelming for them as crazy as it sounds. They didn't have time to take a breathe and field some calls. Hate to write a team off on draft night, but doesn't look too pretty right now. What an emotional day for them.

Felt the same...thinking they wanted to package the picks to move up but weren't able to accomplish it so they were a bit flat footed (then used a script) .similar to when the Flyers thought they had Lindros and proceeded to draft Sitler and Bowen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad