GDT: Pt. 2: 2015 NHL Draft (STREAM, TV info and draft data in post #1: please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Sprong still on the board. Not completely surprising but still a first round talent.

Kylington too but that has kind of been expected.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
According to twitter..

@tpanotchCSN: Hextall says he is hoping to move a contract tomorrow or in the days ahead but today's focus was the draft.

For once Tim, I hope you are right.

Great day 1 boys! Would love to move up to get 1 more guy that seems to be falling.

Appleyard, gonna rely on you on who we should be taking with our 3rd rounders and onward unless an obvious guy falls.

I would love to move up and take a chance on someone like Sprong.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Sprong still on the board. Not completely surprising but still a first round talent.

Kylington too but that has kind of been expected.

Kylington, Roy, Novak, Meloche and Harkins were the only guys I had in my personal top 30 who were not taken.

Sprong, Bittner and Carlo though tbf were 31-33 in my mind!

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
So, trying to figure out who is still out there that could be steals:
Bittner
Roy
Sprong
Dergachyov
Dunn
Siegenthaler
Vande Sompel
Garland
Speers
Forsbacka-Karlsson
Novak
gagne
Trenin
Looke
Wotherspoon
Soy
Aho
Ahl
Malgin

I'm sure there are a bunch more, but these are some good players that probably would have been late 1st's in other drafts.

Nice Goalies out there too. Hoping we add some more picks if possible.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If I am not missing anything, Colorado picks #31 and 40 so can still add 2 really good guys. Really, they should swing for the fences with Sprong and Roy.

It will be interesting.

I think as a consensus we can say we had a very good day 1.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
For once Tim, I hope you are right.

Great day 1 boys! Would love to move up to get 1 more guy that seems to be falling.

Appleyard, gonna rely on you on who we should be taking with our 3rd rounders and onward unless an obvious guy falls.

I would love to move up and take a chance on someone like Sprong.

Unfortunately I will be working tomorrow so will not be in until about 4 hours into the 2nd day of the draft... so I will miss pretty much all of it!

Tbh for me after the 5th I only know of long-shot Swedes... as it is the only country that I properly follow the junior system of. (whereas in North America I watch the CHL, but dont research as much in terms of guys who do not jump out at me.)

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Bittner
Roy
Sprong
Dergachyov
Dunn
Siegenthaler
Vande Sompel
Garland
Speers
Forsbacka-Karlsson
Novak
gagne
Trenin
Looke
Wotherspoon
Soy
Aho
Ahl
Malgin

I'm sure there are a bunch more, but these are some good players that probably would have been late 1st's in other drafts.

For me Erik Foley out of the USHL is one of the biggest potential steals in this draft. His release and speed combined with his grit mean he could be a serious player. I think he goes sometime in the 2nd.

Saarela, Kovacs and Timashov are euros with serious talent but serious flaws who will all likely go ~70-120.

MadFerIt95*

Pierre was the main guy talking about his skating, and we know how Pierre feels about the Flyers

Pierre loves the Flyers, I don't think he is a great analyst but he always seems to go out of his way to go off about practically everyone of our players, even Berube lol

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
@collin: hextall just told reporters he’s had talks with a bunch of teams about moving some of their weight on the backend. biggest priority.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
That makes me like the pick more purely based off need. Let's hope his numbers take a hop next year. I know he's young, but I don't like seeing much improvement from year to year in juniors. I know he had injury issues etc, and not much to play with (and apparently learning a new position) so we'll see what he does next season.

aflyerpower

Mar 5, 2015
Bittner
Roy
Sprong
Dergachyov
Dunn
Siegenthaler
Vande Sompel
Garland
Speers
Forsbacka-Karlsson
Novak
gagne
Trenin
Looke
Wotherspoon
Soy
Aho
Ahl
Malgin

I'm a big fan of Roope Hintz

MadFerIt95*

Seeing that Merkley fell to where we would have picked I knid of wish we had held onto that 2nd and gotten him, but good pick with Konecny none the less.

In my opinion, the Flyers and Islanders killed this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad