GDT: Pt. 2: 2015 NHL Draft (STREAM, TV info and draft data in post #1: please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
It almost seems like Boston had their draft mapped out before the trades were complete. I think having 3 consecutive picks was a little too overwhelming for them as crazy as it sounds. They didn't have time to take a breathe and field some calls. Hate to write a team off on draft night, but doesn't look too pretty right now. What an emotional day for them.

They had at least three hours to prepare for those 3 picks. If you're taking guys that you would've taken with your third rounder, in the first round, then you fail completely.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
IMO Provorov is better in his zone than Morin (and obviously the others, too, by extension). This is what people under appreciate about Provorov's game. He's one of the most economical defenders I've seen at 18 years old. The same way guys like Timonen and Giordano manipulate space and use their positioning to limit options, Provorov is able to neutralize opponents. I agree with FLYguy that a Provorov-Morin pairing will be a perfect shut down duo with Provorov bringing the brain and Morin the muscle.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He is, same with Sanheim, but I thought the Org has always liked a pure shut down guy with a very capable offensive guy.

Shutdown D aren't really drafted. They just kind of develop that way as they progress towards the NHL and get placed into roles. I think Vlasic is the best example of this. Drafted as more of an offensive guy that could skate. Developed into one of the best shutdown guys in the league. I could see Hagg being that kind of guy (on a much lesser scale though).

You want to draft the defenseman with the best combo of size, skill, skating ability, and smarts. Just gives you the best odds of finding an NHL player the deeper in the draft you go.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
This is what is crazy:

Griffin Rienhart returns #16 and #33
Dougie Hamilton returns #15, 45, 52

Rienhart returned more than Hamilton because I don't think 45 and 52 gets you to 33.

Crazy!

I'm just wondering how the hell did Chiarelli not beat Flames offer, can't wrap my head around that.

MadFerIt95*

If Jeremy Roy falls further Id love to package our thirds and maybe a fourth for him, but I don't see him falling past 40.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
They had at least three hours to prepare for those 3 picks. If you're taking guys that you would've taken with your third rounder, in the first round, then you fail completely.
The heat of the moment can get to you especially as a first time GM. Those picks are flying off the board. Those deals were finalized this afternoon. Even if they had a few hours to mull over different scenarios it's not ideal. Sometimes you need to sleep on some ideas.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
CIeUWRwWEAAniS5.jpg

Eichel seems like a goofy guy

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I'm not very educated on the subject of prospects but it seems like Boston made some terrible choices. Really seem like some off the wall picks given how much Kyle Connor and Mathew Barzal were touted around these parts. I just still can't believe the terrible return they got for D.H.

From what I can tell it seems like the Flyers made some great picks together and Provorov fell into our lap so he was the ideal choice. I am really glad to see Hextall is going to shake up the defense core this year since it was so dreadful last year.

SchennSational1022*

Guys.....what a ****ing day. Hextall is the absolute best.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
The heat of the moment can get to you especially as a first time GM. Those picks are flying off the board. Those deals were finalized this afternoon. Even if they had a few hours to mull over different scenarios it's not ideal. Sometimes you need to sleep on some ideas.

Nah, not buying it. :dunno: And considering the deals he made during the day? Sounds like he might be in over his head. Just a little bit.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I will forever be curious to know who they would have taken if the big5+Provorov were off the board.

beetee15

Long Island Bullies
May 26, 2010
Long Island
apparently these were the two guys they really wanted, from what i read Hextall was trying to trade up to get both of them. he wanted to trade more picks to get to Konecny but he fell. What a great day! They looked so happy when they realized they could get Provorov at 7! AMAZING

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
at this point, everything else is gravy in this draft as far as I'm concerned. we already did what we needed to do. major upgrade on both D and at forward.

all there's left to do now, is draft a goalie, and unload some of our D like Grossmann, LSchenn, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad