PS4 HFBoards Tournament Series - Free entry for HUT prizes!

JClaus33

Sep 18, 2013
NC/SC
Played my game vs NJD21 (Jetty_surf)

JClaus(Minnesota) 6-4 win vs NJD (New Jersey)

Good game man, I was just not awake for the first 5 minutes...I was down 3-0 like 10 minutes in, and he only had 5 shots after 2 periods. Luckily I woke up in time to come back. Overall good game!

Last edited:

Psyfer

Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
Game letter: A
Draisaitl - Pittsburgh 2 - Psyfer- Chicago 4

Using Chicago makes me want Toews on HUT team

Draisaitl

Dude, where's Makar?
Oct 18, 2013
Berlin
giphy.com
Game A:

Draisaitl/ Pittsburgh 2

Psyfer/ Chicago 4

He goes up 2-0 in the 1st, short side+cross crease, I could have easily defended those better, but I was being too impulsive :laugh:
2nd period, Crosby gets a breakaway out of nowhere, and my breakaway glitch tuck worked superb!
3rd period, another cross crease, he gets the 3-1, so I do a revenge short side glitch snipe on him, 3-2. 1 min left, im on the PK, I get a breakaway but unfortunately with a rightie, if it was a leftie I would have done the same glitch snipe again. Then 5on3 for 20secs, and he gets his next cross crease, but the game was already sealed by then.

GG man, probably the best opponent I've played so far on NHL15, the only thing I didnt really like about the game was the amount of glitch snipes, but I guess thats normal when both guys know how to defend, even though I gotta say I wasnt really on top of my defensive game. Oh yeah and the amount of penalties I got. Had 10 PIM, 6 of them were most likely my fault, but another 4 mins of bs cpu interfering.

Would have loved to take that game into OT on the PK, but I just couldnt tuck it on the breakaway. I also think my strategy of picking my worest team first and my best team against PSyfer was a pretty solid one as well...didnt help though:laugh:

I thought it was a pretty even game throughout the 3 periods, just that I was always on the PK and at one point I had 3 PKs in a row, and my lines were tired as ****, still managed to kill them all off, if I remember correctly. Like why is there only 2 PK lines anyways?

Draisaitl

Dude, where's Makar?
Oct 18, 2013
Berlin
giphy.com
Draisaitl - Pittsburgh 2 - Psyfer- Chicago 4

Using Chicago makes me want Toews on HUT team

I won like 1 faceoff against Toews, and against your other centremen I did pretty good I felt like. I havent ever seen a Toews in game but seeing you dangling with him actually makes me wanna buy him as well. But then again, I'm not even anywhere near his value. Would have to sell all my players in order to buy him:laugh:

Psyfer

Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
Game A:

Draisaitl/ Pittsburgh 2

Psyfer/ Chicago 4

He goes up 2-0 in the 1st, short side+cross crease, I could have easily defended those better, but I was being too impulsive :laugh:
2nd period, Crosby gets a breakaway out of nowhere, and my breakaway glitch tuck worked superb!
3rd period, another cross crease, he gets the 3-1, so I do a revenge short side glitch snipe on him, 3-2. 1 min left, im on the PK, I get a breakaway but unfortunately with a rightie, if it was a leftie I would have done the same glitch snipe again. Then 5on3 for 20secs, and he gets his next cross crease, but the game was already sealed by then.

GG man, probably the best opponent I've played so far on NHL15, the only thing I didnt really like about the game was the amount of glitch snipes, but I guess thats normal when both guys know how to defend, even though I gotta say I wasnt really on top of my defensive game. Oh yeah and the amount of penalties I got. Had 10 PIM, 6 of them were most likely my fault, but another 4 mins of bs cpu interfering.

Would have loved to take that game into OT on the PK, but I just couldnt tuck it on the breakaway. I also think my strategy of picking my worest team first and my best team against PSyfer was a pretty solid one as well...didnt help though:laugh:

I thought it was a pretty even game throughout the 3 periods, just that I was always on the PK and at one point I had 3 PKs in a row, and my lines were tired as ****, still managed to kill them all off, if I remember correctly. Like why is there only 2 PK lines anyways?

I actually wasn't trying to use glitch shot's besides that first goal that you dived on 2 on 1 and only had shortside to shoot at didn't take another one of those shots the entire game or it would have been a much worse score.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Whats Maverick's PSN so I can add him? Haven't seen him around and he hasn't talked to me yet to set this up. Hopefully he does today.

Dave Hahn

Staff Writer
Apr 23, 2002
Game scores have been updated to this point. Looks like everyone except for FlyersPhan20 has a game played already. I sent him a message just to check in and make sure that he is still participating. I will have the Maverick situation sorted out by tonight, either with him in or a replacement filling in.

So what happens after you use your 3 teams? Just select another 3 and keep going?

Once you use these three teams in round robin play, you can't use them again for the remainder of the tournament. In the playoffs, you will pick a different team in each round you advance from the entire league. Basically, the simple way to think about it is this: Once you play with a team, they are "retired." This way, the eventual winner will prove that he is the best player by having used seven teams, instead of EA deciding for us based on team ratings/etc.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
NE lemme know soon what you decide with Maverick, I am around most of the day again tomorrow (not at night), and it would be almost impossible for me to play Wednesday.

Dave Hahn

Staff Writer
Apr 23, 2002
Maverick has not been on here since the 7th and I have been unable to reach him. We will need someone to fill the spot at least for the remainder of this tournament. I have asked a buddy if he would be interested in playing, if not I will vacate his spot and place his teams last for the playoffs.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Maverick has not been on here since the 7th and I have been unable to reach him. We will need someone to fill the spot at least for the remainder of this tournament. I have asked a buddy if he would be interested in playing, if not I will vacate his spot and place his teams last for the playoffs.

Sorry, I didn't get your PM until now, I don't know why, must have been an error.

I am down to play if there is still a spot open. I'm usually fairly active.

Dave Hahn

Staff Writer
Apr 23, 2002
Sorry, I didn't get your PM until now, I don't know why, must have been an error.

I am down to play if there is still a spot open. I'm usually fairly active.

Name your three teams and contact your opponents then, I know youre active it was just weird not hearing from you.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
PSN = JQuick72

I'll go with Vancouver, Colorado and Minnesota.

I'm free to play pretty much any time today, just shoot me a PM or send a message here to let me know when u can play.

Last edited:

Dave Hahn

Staff Writer
Apr 23, 2002
NeutralityEleven Calgary 1 - Mav3rick07 (JQuick72) Minnesota 0 - Final OT

Good game Maverick, always like to see the gentlemanly play by dumping on the PK, nice touch that I tried to match. You got a few quality chances and Hiller kept me in it late and I made my first and only decent play of the game in OT with Gaudreau to finish it off before the shootout.

I've given up a grand total of 2 goals in round robin play, and only have one (lucky) overtime win to show for it. Guess I need to work on scoring for the playoffs lol.

Remember that the deadline to finish up the games will be Wednesday at midnight EST. There will not be any extensions.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Maverick (Vancouver) 3 -- iFishyHD (Islanders) 0

GG Mav. You violently outplayed me.

Confirmed.

I don't know about that, Miller made some huge critical saves to keep you from gaining momentum.

Good game man !!

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I can play before or after the Oilers game, Maverick. Let me know.

I gotta get some HW done here, then I'm watching the Oilers game then I have hockey so tonight is no longer good for me.

Tomorrow my schedule is pretty wide open, I'm sure we can get our game in sometime then.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
I gotta get some HW done here, then I'm watching the Oilers game then I have hockey so tonight is no longer good for me.

Tomorrow my schedule is pretty wide open, I'm sure we can get our game in sometime then.

Alright.

I work 8-3 tomorrow so anytime after that before the deadline at 12 we could get a game done.

Add me so we can communicate. ~SenzFan2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad