PS4 HFBoards Tournament Series - Free entry for HUT prizes!

JClaus33

Sep 18, 2013
NC/SC
I'd like to join!

PSN: JClaus33

Teams:

Penguins
Lightning
Wild

Availability: Pretty open availability outside of classes

NJD21

Jul 2, 2011
I'd like to join.

PSN: jetty_surf
Teams: Boston, New Jersey, Islanders
Availability: 7-9 PM Pacific Time

Dave Hahn

Apr 23, 2002
Assuming Maverick gets on and confirms, we only have one spot available! If it fills tonight I will post the full schedule so we can start playing games. If not, it will be released tomorrow afternoon.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
3 teams;
Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, and this year's Stanley cup winners Toronto Maple Leafs ;)

Dave Hahn

Apr 23, 2002
The Divisions and schedules have been released for the first NHL tournament of the Series! You are now responsible for completing a grand total of three games in the next four days. The window to play round robin games will close promptly at midnight EST on Wednesday, November 12th. There will NOT be any extensions granted, please get these games done and good luck to everyone who is participating,

I'm going to add everyone and start a message group on PS4 where we can communicate schedules. It is your responsibility to reach out and contact your opponents to figure out a time to play these games. Simply posting when you are available is NOT enough. Send a PM on HF, send a message on PS4, seek out your opponent and communicate. Basically, don't wait for the game to come to you expecting others to match your availability.

As an FYI, home games were randomly distributed throughout this tournament, some members received three, others 2, and some 1 but everyone gets at least one. This will balance itself out throughout the series, and in Versus mode there shouldn't be too much (if any) advantage afforded to the home team anyway.

Once you have played a game, it is the responsibility of the winner to report the game score here. Scores will not be accepted in any other fashion. Please use the quick form below to report game scores. The "game letter" should be matched up with the letter next to your game on the schedule page. Schedules are linked under your division in the second post.

Game reporting:

Game letter:
(Name)(Away Team Used)(Goals) - (Name)(Home Team Used)(Goals)
Please note if the game went into OT/Shootout and write a recap if you like. Please specify which team was used when reporting the game.

Example:

Game letter: E
NeutralityEleven Toronto 2 - iFishyHD Nashville 3 - Final OT
Add a write up here.

Thanks for your involvement and good luck to everyone participating!

Dave Hahn

Apr 23, 2002
Signups for the first tournament are now closed (assuming Maverick accepts his invitation to play.) If you are interested in participating, please leave a message in the thread and I will put you on our waiting list. If anyone drops out or we have a spot available, we will get you in.

If anyone has any questions, just let me know via PM here or on PSN.

Looking forward to hearing how the games go!

habs1995

Feb 24, 2014
I'm guessing the home player is the one on the bottom just like In real life ?

Dave Hahn

Apr 23, 2002
I'm guessing the home player is the one on the bottom just like In real life ?

Right, did you read the link you clicked to get there? :P

Edit: Thanks to JCF for the donation, every little bit helps. He sent in a few players that will make for perfect bonus additions to puck rewards for our winners. The major sponsors have been contacted so we'll work out the rest, but if you have something you think would help or add to the "pot," please PM me and I'll gladly give your pucks/items a worthwhile home! Giving feels good, so stoked that this is off to a hot start already.

Last edited:

captaincheese

The BillDozer ~ PS4
Nov 1, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
Division 4
Game letter: C
CaptainCheese Buffalo 2 - 1 LeafsFan1992(aslamsaleh) Minnesota

Quick lucky goal by Matty Moulson about a minute in. Minnesota with a ton of chances Enroth standing on his head.

Away Home
Shots 9 - 19
TOA 2:53 - 9:10

Edit: Glad i dont have to use Buffalo again.

Last edited:

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Division 2
Game Letter: E

The Dream (Flyers_4) Minnesota 3 - Habs1995 Edmonton 1

It was a pretty close game. There was no scoring until the third period. Minnesota got a couple quick goals early in the 3rd period to break open the game. Edmonton potted a late one and had a good chance on a 5-3 to get the game close but, the Minnesota goalie played well in the final 5 minutes.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Experiencing a bit of technical difficulties with habs1995 but we're starting now

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Division 2

MR4 (MorganRielly) Toronto 8 - Habs1995 Dallas 1

I can't really explain this one. I think it was 4-1 before Habs1995 started to put it into his own net. :laugh: Not sure why lol. I defended his crease for a bit :laugh:

Last edited:

habs1995

Feb 24, 2014
Division 2

MR4 (MorganRielly) Toronto 8 - Habs1995 Dallas 1

I can't really explain this one. I think it was 4-1 before Habs1995 started to put it into his own net. :laugh: Not sure why lol. I defended his crease for a bit :laugh:

The intense spamming of the poke check whenever I had the puck made me not want to play anymore lol

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: