Post-Game Talk: PS 8 - Move Along, Nothing To See Here - Flyers 4 BRUINS 1 F

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Just one game but.....
Bjork is fast and can attack well. Looks fearless in the offensive zone. Forgot about him.

Donato suffering from being handed the job syndrome. He’ll be fine in Providence to start.

Vac looks solid. I would give him time in Providence. Not so sure he displaces anyone yet. Too green. It’s only a matter of time or injuries.

Cehlarik needs to make the team. I wasn’t a fan of him but this preseason sold me on him getting a shot over Donato at this point.

I liked that 4th line. For all the whining this offseason about Nordstrom, I liked his simple game.

That’s all I have...

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Just one game but.....
Bjork is fast and can attack well. Looks fearless in the offensive zone. Forgot about him.

Donato suffering from being handed the job syndrome. He’ll be fine in Providence to start.

Vac looks solid. I would give him time in Providence. Not so sure he displaces anyone yet. Too green. It’s only a matter of time or injuries.

Cehlarik needs to make the team. I wasn’t a fan of him but this preseason sold me on him getting a shot over Donato at this point.

I liked that 4th line. For all the whining this offseason about Nordstrom, I liked his simple game.

That’s all I have...

Donato looked like an NHL top 9 or better forward last season and in China. I think he 100% let up once the comments about him making the team came out. Which I think is fine? It’s an 82+ game season and he clearly showed all offseason how willing he is to work.

Bjork looked like a stud. 1000%. He won’t be down in Providence long.

Cehlarik is an NHL player from the offensive blue line down. Especially from the dots down. You aren’t going to see him carrying the puck through center ice or do anything to gain possession in center ice. Honestly, you can say the same thing about Backes so maybe it’s not a fair critique, but more of the game is played between the face off circles than below them. He could be a fine compliment to 46 and 88...but do you rework you whole lineup to put Cehlarik in the best position to succeed? Reminds me of Spooner in that regards... good player but not worth arranging your team around to hide his flaws.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Funny because he was one of the few guys that could effectively bring the puck into the attacking zone without coughing it up. You either didn't watch the game or your biased against Krejci is in mid-season form.

I watched and what I saw was a slow moving, weak on the puck player who when checked would lose the puck instantly and peel off. Literally zero fight.

Maybe it's you who can't be honest with yourself about the player because he stunk on ice last night.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Anyway you slice it, a 1 for 6 on the PP is awful lol.

It's ironic that you believe DK had a good game last night in one post, then slam the PP in the next. DK got over 4 minutes of PP TOI, and did nothing with it. Hardly what I'd call good. I mean shit, he took all of one shot the entire game, despite getting a ton of PP time.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I watched and what I saw was a slow moving, weak on the puck player who when checked would lose the puck instantly and peel off. Literally zero fight.

Maybe it's you who can't be honest with yourself about the player because he stunk on ice last night.

His game has always been slow moving haha. Your problem with Krejci is that you dont like his style of play and because of that you think he sucks.

Reactions: BMC

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Although I like and liked the Moore signing, I'm of the same opinion, if they knew what they had they would've probably saved the money but, it is a long tough season and God knows if Vaak will be able to endure an NHL season so there is that.
I saw that hit by Simmonds and it was a hard one. Vaak just continued on his way, unfazed. Very very encouraging!

These kids have got "it!"
It’s the same with Beleskey if they knew the 2014 draft was going to be a GS no way they sign him

Knowing the future would be so helpful making decisions in the present

Reactions: bme44

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It's ironic that you believe DK had a good game last night in one post, then slam the PP in the next. DK got over 4 minutes of PP TOI, and did nothing with it. Hardly what I'd call good. I mean ****, he took all of one shot the entire game, despite getting a ton of PP time.

Was he the only guy on the PP last night? Let's see here...

They were on the PP for roughly 12 minutes and Krejci played 4 of it. 4 minutes divided by 12 minutes is 33% of the total PP time. Weird how 33% does not sound like much...

You know its possible for a guy to have a good game when one facet of the team game was bad. Look at Vaak, he had a great game and also played 4 on the PP. I guess since he played as much as Krejci on the PP so we can't say he had a good game either.

Just admit you have a biased hatred for Krejci. Dont try to act like your subjective on player. And before you try and say I'm a Krejci fanboy or some other garbage, dont bother. I'm honestly not a huge fan of Krejci, but I'm tired of fans shitting on him because they dont like the way he skates or because hes not Bergeron.

Reactions: BMC

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Was he the only guy on the PP last night? Let's see here...

They were on the PP for roughly 12 minutes and Krejci played 4 of it. 4 minutes divided by 12 minutes is 33% of the total PP time. Weird how 33% does not sound like much...

You know its possible for a guy to have a good game when one facet of the team game was bad. Look at Vaak, he had a great game and also played 4 on the PP. I guess since he played as much as Krejci on the PP so we can't say he had a good game either.

Just admit you have a biased hatred for Krejci. Dont try to act like your subjective on player. And before you try and say I'm a Krejci fanboy or some other garbage, dont bother. I'm honestly not a huge fan of Krejci, but I'm tired of fans ****ting on him because they dont like the way he skates or because hes not Bergeron.

There's a whole lot of assumption in your post. You've basically told me what my view of the player is, and you're wrong. I want DK to be one of their best players because that's what the team needs in order to go anywhere. Where I get on DK isn't his skating. It's his effort. Most nights, it's simply lacking. And to see that from the highest paid player on the roster is infuriating. You can call me a hater or say I have a bias, and you're right. I hate lazy effort, and I am biased against guys who have all the talent in the world but can't be bothered to give a shit most of the time.

Reactions: Grimey and chizzler

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
It’s the same with Beleskey if they knew the 2014 draft was going to be a GS no way they sign him

Knowing the future would be so helpful making decisions in the present

Scouts and executives get paid millions of dollars to predict the future with higher probability than just guessing. They have thousands of hours of game film, practice film, evaluations, etc. Yes, it can be information overload, but that’s why they’re expected to succeed.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
I like when Cassidy gets on them. McAvoy didn’t have the greatest playoffs either so maybe Butch finally had it
True but Cassidy and Sweeney both understand that when you have kids with that type of talent that it won’t always be smooth sailing, lots of bumps in the road. I believe this team will fall short of last years point totals but will be better off for it. To many youngsters to try and complete the year without some being affect by the sophomore slump, but they will be fine by seasons end.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
There's a whole lot of assumption in your post. You've basically told me what my view of the player is, and you're wrong. I want DK to be one of their best players because that's what the team needs in order to go anywhere. Where I get on DK isn't his skating. It's his effort. Most nights, it's simply lacking. And to see that from the highest paid player on the roster is infuriating. You can call me a hater or say I have a bias, and you're right. I hate lazy effort, and I am biased against guys who have all the talent in the world but can't be bothered to give a **** most of the time.

That my point you dont know what kind of effort hes putting in. His game is simple and fluid. He's always played this way and over the last 3 years he the 30th ranked scoring centerman....clearly he's putting in the effort. No every guy has to look like hes busting his ass when they are trying

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That my point you dont know what kind of effort hes putting in. His game is simple and fluid. He's always played this way and over the last 3 years he the 30th ranked scoring centerman....clearly he's putting in the effort. No every guy has to look like hes busting his ass when they are trying

Yeah, when he gets bumped slightly and loses the puck without any fight or resistance, I am certainly not qualified to say his effort sucks. He clearly is putting in full effort in those instances.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Yeah, when he gets bumped slightly and loses the puck without any fight or resistance, I am certainly not qualified to say his effort sucks. He clearly is putting in full effort in those instances.

Lol I see pasta get knocked off the puck without any fight too, does that mean he puts in no effort? Its freaking pre-season lol

Reactions: bryson21

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
What a snoozer, got some family members decent seats and we went so it was even more so of a bummer they decided to play so sloppy but what can you do

Looks like the two guys everyone wrote off (Cehlarik and Bjork) are in a better position than those thought to have the spots wrapped up

Frederic is impressive, he’s going to be really useful with some seasoning

I’m not going to posit that I know whether Donato needs some work in the ahl or bottom six in the NHL, but the worst thing for him would be to have things handed to him. He needs to get a lot stronger in puck battles

Heinen is struck with the same illness that hits Krejci, they often times look lazy because they’re just focused on the mental aspect of the game. He needs to move his feet and get engaged when things aren’t going his way

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
65187C83-626E-4207-8ECD-1FA85F4AAC99.gif
I can already feel its going to be a long season with some fans[/QUOTE
Time to trade Rask yet ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad