Post-Game Talk: PS 8 - Move Along, Nothing To See Here - Flyers 4 BRUINS 1 F

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Forwards: Noel Acciari, Anders Bjork, Jake DeBrusk, Ryan Donato, Trent Frederic, Danton Heinen, David Krejci, Sean Kuraly, Brad Marchand, Joakim Nordstrom, David Pastrnak, Chris Wagner

Defensemen: Zdeno Chara, Torey Krug, Charlie McAvoy, Kevan Miller, John Moore, Urho Vaakanainen

Goaltenders: Jaroslav Halak, Tuukka Rask

Last edited:
Reactions: Orr Fourever

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Why are we scheduling pre-season games against Philly and Wash? Those are the two teams that have hurt our players the most. Didn't Gudas headhunt someone in the preseason last year, or the year before?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

"We could try Pastrnak with Krejci, I don't know if anybody has thought of that" :laugh:

Gotta love Butch :)

Found these two quotes interesting from Cassidy:

"I think Frederic is a good option going forward"

"Is it better to have Danton with a Kuraly & Backes" (Was talking about 2nd line Donato/Danton/Pasta)

I wonder if They are thinking of starting Frederic out on the 4th line. I wonder how people would fee about a Cehlarik-Frederic-Wagner line or Nordstrom-Frederic-Wagner line.

Reactions: Blowfish

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Found these two quotes interesting from Cassidy:

"I think Frederic is a good option going forward"

"Is it better to have Danton with a Kuraly & Backes" (Was talking about 2nd line Donato/Danton/Pasta)

I wonder if They are thinking of starting Frederic out on the 4th line. I wonder how people would fee about a Cehlarik-Frederic-Wagner line or Nordstrom-Frederic-Wagner line.

I feel like a guy with virtually zero pro experience is better served playing big minutes in Providence than playing 10 minutes a night up in Boston.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I feel like a guy with virtually zero pro experience is better served playing big minutes in Providence than playing 10 minutes a night up in Boston.

Could be a way to get his feet wet at the NHL level and see what he's got. If he performs well and is outplaying Kuraly then you move him up and Kuraly back to the 4th line (where IMO he is at his best). In my head I have Frederic as the #3C getting 15 minutes a night. Maybe some time on the 2nd PP and in games where we have a good size lead you give him some PK time.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
That sounds like we may be seeing a Heinen-Kuraly-Backes third line to that the season.

Maybe Nordstrom-Wagner-Acciari as the forth.

It's not the most exciting, but I don't hate it to start the season. Let the kids development in Providence and if this isn't working, 3C can be addressed by trade.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
That sounds like we may be seeing a Heinen-Kuraly-Backes third line to that the season.

Maybe Nordstrom-Wagner-Acciari as the forth.

It's not the most exciting, but I don't hate it to start the season. Let the kids development in Providence and if this isn't working, 3C can be addressed by trade.

Trade OR sign Stempniek.

Personally I dont like Kuraly on 3rd line. I may be wrong but I believe he got the most minutes played per game than our other 4th liners, PK I guess. But in 83 career games, he has only 6 goals 15 points. Yes, that'll likely improve if given more minutes and better offensive linemates, but how much more?? 30 points??

I guess there's no harm in beginning the season as Kuraly the 3rd line centre, but same can be said for Frederic. Personally I would love to see what he can do.

On Bergeron, shame he couldn't get at least one exibition game in. Bruins play back to back to begin season. IF he's not ready to play the preseason finale, might as well give him an extra day and play him against Sabres Thursday Night.

I really hope he dont play at all if he's not 100%.. A bad back is nothing to mess around with. My doctor took me off work 3 years ago cause of my back and it's only getting worse. Point being with Bergeron, if he's not completely 100%, missing a couple weeks in October is so much better than taking a hit when he's not 100% and having problems with his back all season, if not all his remaining career. So if he's NOT feeling at his best, I hope he's honest with team dr's and management and waits until HE know's he's completely ready to go..

Reactions: BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I am at work so can't see tweets.

Should be a full Garden today.

My sister is going to the Red Sox game.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Reactions: DrJustice

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Trade OR sign Stempniek.

Personally I dont like Kuraly on 3rd line. I may be wrong but I believe he got the most minutes played per game than our other 4th liners, PK I guess. But in 83 career games, he has only 6 goals 15 points. Yes, that'll likely improve if given more minutes and better offensive linemates, but how much more?? 30 points??

I guess there's no harm in beginning the season as Kuraly the 3rd line centre, but same can be said for Frederic. Personally I would love to see what he can do.

On Bergeron, shame he couldn't get at least one exibition game in. Bruins play back to back to begin season. IF he's not ready to play the preseason finale, might as well give him an extra day and play him against Sabres Thursday Night.

I really hope he dont play at all if he's not 100%.. A bad back is nothing to mess around with. My doctor took me off work 3 years ago cause of my back and it's only getting worse. Point being with Bergeron, if he's not completely 100%, missing a couple weeks in October is so much better than taking a hit when he's not 100% and having problems with his back all season, if not all his remaining career. So if he's NOT feeling at his best, I hope he's honest with team dr's and management and waits until HE know's he's completely ready to go..
Like you said, it doesn’t hurt to start the season. That’s all it is.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I am at work so can't see tweets.

Should be a full Garden today.

My sister is going to the Red Sox game.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:
I’m so glad it’s a 1:05 start.

I thought about going but I have a surprise party to go to at 5 so it isn’t worth it.

I’ll miss the game but I’ll be setting my dvr for later

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad