Post-Game Talk: PS 8 - Move Along, Nothing To See Here - Flyers 4 BRUINS 1 F

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I went I sat right up front and you are bang on

Bjork was really good I didn’t think Heinen was bad at all - HOWEVER He was in the general area of both Flyers first 2 goals

Donato seemed to be caught up a bit with the speed I thought which is odd since he was good in the playoffs - he was caught flat footed

I really think that maybe Donato would benefit from some time in Providence. The Bruins have to think long term with him, he’s going to be a good pro and maybe it’s better for him to get some AHL time before coming back

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I really think that maybe Donato would benefit from some time in Providence. The Bruins have to think long term with him, he’s going to be a good pro and maybe it’s better for him to get some AHL time before coming back
Plus kill that contract next off season

Reactions: Chief Nine

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Where Krug makes a difference - he’s out there 1-1 and I’m pushing all my chips in the middle that power play goes different

Ya watching he vs McAvoy run a PP os night and day. Even he vs Vaak is night and day. I tought Vaak (A aside) looked better than McAvoy on the PP

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I don’t think he will ever be an elite offensive defender, but he definitely has the potential to be an above average one. That saucer pass for an assist on Pastrnak a goal today was a beauty. Vaak has serious potential as a two way defender in this league.

OEL-ish but not quite as many points?

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017

Yeah Donato's one of my prospect crushes but he's been bad away from the puck. He had 9 points in 12 so I have a damn good feeling he'll be a staple in the top six eventually but even Pasta saw brief time in Providence, and Cassidy is as down to Earth as it gets. I'm a big Donato supporter, but I actually think Cehlarik has shown to be better with and without the puck this preseason, and feel like he could beat Donato out of a spot *flinches expecting hypothetical debris to be tossed at me*

Edit: Bjork should be in the mix as well, though one game may not be enough in Cassidy's mind

Last edited:
Reactions: BruinsBtn

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Better than the scoreboard, but who cares about the scoreboard anyway I preseason.

Man, Bjork was really good that game. Like shockingly good for a guy coming off injury.

Urho was good again as well.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure Frederic passed the test tonight.

Kuraly looked great. So did Nordstrom and Accari looked good aside from the power play.

Heinen struggled in this one but Krejci and Debrusk looked fantastic.

This team has so many options, it's nuts

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Haven’t seen a lot this preseason but is there a running favorite for the 2nd line rw spot yet? Cassidy sounded like several of the kids ran over his dog tonight

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Just got back

Vaakanainen once again looked very good - he got smoked by Simmonds in the first on the right boards but didn’t faze him one bit.

Bjork was very good for his first game

I thought the 4th line was all over the Flyers they had the Philly defense making some hurried decisions

I still don’t have a read on Moore but my feeling is if the front office had time traveled forward to watch Vaakanainen they don’t sign Moore

I’d do this with Krug out

Chara - Carlo
Vaakanainen-McAvoy
Grzelcyk- Miller

Although I like and liked the Moore signing, I'm of the same opinion, if they knew what they had they would've probably saved the money but, it is a long tough season and God knows if Vaak will be able to endure an NHL season so there is that.
I saw that hit by Simmonds and it was a hard one. Vaak just continued on his way, unfazed. Very very encouraging!

These kids have got "it!"

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
I still don’t have a read on Moore but my feeling is if the front office had time traveled forward to watch Vaakanainen they don’t sign Moore
Probably part of the reason we've seen Moore get time on the right side. If he can play both sides it opens up a lot of different things for them.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Cassidy seemed pretty down on McAvoy tonight.
Think he was just trying to send a message, to a few others also. It appeared to me that were about 15 players in a rush to get to the shower first and just wanting to get the season started, not overly concerned. Still going to take 7-10 games to sort things out.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Probably part of the reason we've seen Moore get time on the right side. If he can play both sides it opens up a lot of different things for them.

Agreed. He can play either side it looks and up and down the pairings. Lefty that kills penalties too.

The neely interview didn’t make him sound like he was his biggest fan so far however lol

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Think he was just trying to send a message, to a few others also. It appeared to me that were about 15 players in a rush to get to the shower first and just wanting to get the season started, not overly concerned. Still going to take 7-10 games to sort things out.

I like when Cassidy gets on them. McAvoy didn’t have the greatest playoffs either so maybe Butch finally had it

Reactions: BBB24

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
BOooooooo losses to the flyers....even in the preseason...

I got nauseously sick and missed teh game. Still paying for it this morning. Two weeks in a row where my stomach decides it's going to recreate a Hurricane Irma within the body...

Sucks to hear that Krug's hurt again. Team could really use him, especially on the powerplay.

Also, sounds like this team really, really needs Bergeron back yesterday.

Reactions: rfournier103

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad