GDT: PS #7 // Flames @ Oilers // Sept 29 @ 1 PM MST // Streaming

Which forwards should make the Oilers roster?

• Total voters

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
What's up with that line?
Tmac messes with the only line that is working. Jesus christ man. Work on that God awful powerplay setup.

Rattie has a "minor injury" so they are experimenting with Rieder and possibly Aberg in the top 6. Only for tonight's game... unless it turns out Rattie has a shoulder injury cause you know Oilers.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
without looking I can guarantee there's darts on
Sportsnet has contracts with both teams and decided not to put the game on. Good job.
Sportsnet cheap as **** this season so far. Wish we had a TSN deal like the Eastern teams.

I bet every decision Sportsnet makes always precludes with the question “but how does this affect Auston Matthews and the Toronto Maple Leafs?” before they ultimately decide anything lol

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Wifi and hardwired?

I don't know what I'm doing so I try both or one of the other at different times and cross fingers..

for non techs its like superstition maybe it'll work this time if
I stand on one leg and touch my nose..;)

my cat runs my network. pswd meow..

How many hours till start?

30mins. 95mins in Newfoundland..

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
My LG HDTV Smart TV is not as smart. It can't even find internet. I've even had a tech in. They said it was outdated My Bluray is also supposed to connect, it doesn't it stopped, and I need to download updates to it when it can't connect..haha I've tried everything copy program on flash, run through HDMI, it won't even load updates..won't find my network, won't hit wifi, cheap crap. They always want you to buy a new one.
I have LG smart TV and it works great , I have had it since 2014 my wifi works great and I just use wireless dock from my computer to watch on big screen , you must of got a lemon LG was originally RCA who invented the TV , I have owned them all my life and never had one problem with them

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Warmup is being streamed right now:

This is good news. I should be casting by game time for sure now..oh wait, I'm on the wrong browser, shit..

crap, Oilers site once more not showing any watch link. Same thing as last game.

edit, Houston we have lift off, game is casting off the twitter feed above..yay!

oh wait, now its playing greenday, stop linking videoss guys..;)

Last edited:

Lord Quas

The unseen
Aug 9, 2006
Lucic!

Damn, I hear all the griping about him, and I get it, and I know it’s based on merit ~ how he’s performed. However, I also think it’s 95% poor coaching.

I believe he should be on a line that chips and dumps the puck in >50% of the time; and anchored to the front of the net on the PP. Get him engaged on the forecheck, separating bodies from pucks, and punish Dmen enough that they start to think twice about their gap control. Lucic getting a pass at full speed when entering the zone should probably never happen - much better to get the puck to an area he can barrel into.

The ineffectiveness of this coaching staff to work with the strengths and weaknesses of their players is worse, in my opinion, than any of the GMs moves (other than not having the balls to either fire TMac or get him the right players for his system in the first place).

• We saw it with Schultz being played over his head.
  • We saw it with Eberle being the first option on a break out that never worked (hey, let’s ring the puck around the boards to eberle, so what if never works, that’s the system).
  • And we’re seeing it with lucic - here’s a guy who made his name causing havoc in the Ozone, now let’s put him with two of the best controlled entry guys in the league, so you know, he never gets to do what he’s good at.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I have LG smart TV and it works great , I have had it since 2014 my wifi works great and I just use wireless dock from my computer to watch on big screen , you must of got a lemon LG was originally RCA who invented the TV , I have owned them all my life and never had one problem with them

Mine is even older, I hate saying that, because it just leads to so many lines... ;) The exact manufacturing time of mine is that my product may or may not be so smart. Some of the same model had built in smarts and others you had to buy a stick which they don't sell...

Its also plasma HDTV but works great in dark rec room. I still like it. Riding it till it breaks down.

Blabber

Mar 20, 2016
Whoo! Nice saturday for finnish hockey fan. Hockey's been on about 6 hours already :)

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Lucic!

Damn, I hear all the griping about him, and I get it, and I know it’s based on merit ~ how he’s performed. However, I also think it’s 95% poor coaching.

I believe he should be on a line that chips and dumps the puck in >50% of the time; and anchored to the front of the net on the PP. Get him engaged on the forecheck, separating bodies from pucks, and punish Dmen enough that they start to think twice about their gap control. Lucic getting a pass at full speed when entering the zone should probably never happen - much better to get the puck to an area he can barrel into.

The ineffectiveness of this coaching staff to work with the strengths and weaknesses of their players is worse, in my opinion, than any of the GMs moves (other than not having the balls to either fire TMac or get him the right players for his system in the first place).

• We saw it with Schultz being played over his head.
  • We saw it with Eberle being the first option on a break out that never worked (hey, let’s ring the puck around the boards to eberle, so what if never works, that’s the system).
  • And we’re seeing it with lucic - here’s a guy who made his name causing havoc in the Ozone, now let’s put him with two of the best controlled entry guys in the league, so you know, he never gets to do what he’s good at.
I agree he can be an effective player on the team but he gets played in weird situations. Hopefully coaching staff will learn. Who am I kidding we still have the coach that playing him on 3 on3 was a good idea

Reactions: Lord Quas

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Our biggest rival and a team with the art ross winner late in the preseason but Sportsnet couldn't be bothered to broadcast. What a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad