GDT: PS #7 // Flames @ Oilers // Sept 29 @ 1 PM MST // Streaming

Which forwards should make the Oilers roster?

• Total voters

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
I was just looking at the flames roster and had completely forgotten that they had signed James Neal.

The division this year might end up being a bit of a bloodbath.

Oilers, Flames, Kings, Knights, Ducks all seem to be right around each other.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Laptop + display port to HDMI cable + wireless keyboard and mouse for couch control.

Last time I tried a wireless keyboard it was opening and closing the garage door and ordering greasy take out dinner. From China..

On a serious note I've never met a good laptop I've liked. Had two and they've been junk. Had the HDMI setup with 12 foot cable because of my obsinancy about wireless keyboards running things...;)

12 feet HDMI barely made it to the couch and then I'd trip over it going to the bar fridge..

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I was just looking at the flames roster and had completely forgotten that they had signed James Neal.

The division this year might end up being a bit of a bloodbath.

Oilers, Flames, Kings, Knights, Ducks all seem to be right around each other.

People think I'm joking when I talk up the Pacific division this season. Some strong teams. The good news is Corey Perry...

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
You mean google chrome browser? I have no idea what you mean with the bolded.

I'm not very techy. heh. If I see the chrome casting icon on a vid I know I can cast it. If I right click and it has cast option I know I can cast it. Google Chrome browser is problematic with my system. I use it for certain things but when I use it to cast it does strange things like set up a different user identity. It locks me out of my own browser on my own computer.. Its like it casts into the twilight zone..;)

sorry for being computer remedial..

Yeah, I mean the Goole Chrome browser. If you can't run Chrome, it's a lot more difficult to make this work, unfortunately. Maybe they'll mirror the game on youtube, which is easier to stream to chromecast.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Agree with @nabob 100%

If they made decisions that were best for the team, we'd see a 4th line of Lucic-Brodziak-Chiasson
And that line would do well against opposition match up competition.

You work with Yamamoto, Reider, Khaira and Puljujarvi as your wingers in the middle 6.

Messing with the effectiveness of your more important lines because you're afraid of hurting Lucic's feelings or the optics of that contract on the 4th line isn't just detrimental, it's pure negligence.

Do what's best for the team and stop with the selective accountability.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
so last game for Bear and Yamamoto before they get sent to AHL?

Chaisson+ Garrison vs Yam + Bear I think.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yeah, I mean the Goole Chrome browser. If you can't run Chrome, it's a lot more difficult to make this work, unfortunately. Maybe they'll mirror the game on youtube, which is easier to stream to chromecast.

They didn't mirror the last game on YouTube on the Edmonton Oilers Channel. I did check, I'm up on some things.

Still don't know what you mean by maximise the Google Chrome video player in browser. I don't have one. I have limited Google Chrome tabs. I find it insufferable to use and setup.

Sorry to the thread about the computer tutorial but this might be informative for other readers too. if not we can do pm.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
They didn't mirror the last game on YouTube on the Edmonton Oilers Channel. I did check, I'm up on some things.

Still don't know what you mean by maximise the Google Chrome video player in browser. I don't have one. I have limited Google Chrome tabs. I find it insufferable to use and setup.

Sorry to the thread about the computer tutorial but this might be informative for other readers too. if not we can do pm.

I took it to PM, but if anyone else wants an explanation feel free to private message me and I'm happy to repeat it.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
You mean google chrome browser? I have no idea what you mean with the bolded.

I'm not very techy. heh. If I see the chrome casting icon on a vid I know I can cast it. If I right click and it has cast option I know I can cast it. Google Chrome browser is problematic with my system. I use it for certain things but when I use it to cast it does strange things like set up a different user identity. It locks me out of my own browser on my own computer.. Its like it casts into the twilight zone..;)

sorry for being computer remedial..
Don't worry, I totally feel the same... and I'm likely quite a bit younger than you. The days of being techy are long past...

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Man Lucic is just a freaking black hole. Sucks that we have to anchor someone’s line with him. Puljujarvi and Khaira have worked well together, Id hate to see Lucic break that up just because he’s overpaid. But on the other hand it almost looks as if Drai is protesting and on strike having to have Lucic on his line out there. Could the coaches just do what’s best for the team and put him on the 4th line?

Can we somehow leave Lucic behind in Europe... I heard he loves the food there.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Its a Saturday in Canada and this game can't be on TV? bleh.

neither market televising it?

Too bad the Oilers TV doesn't allow for chrome casting or anything so I could watch in big screen rec room comfort. first world problems..

On my Samsung tv I opened a browser and navigated to oilerstv and then hit full screen.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Last time I tried a wireless keyboard it was opening and closing the garage door and ordering greasy take out dinner. From China..

On a serious note I've never met a good laptop I've liked. Had two and they've been junk. Had the HDMI setup with 12 foot cable because of my obsinancy about wireless keyboards running things...;)

12 feet HDMI barely made it to the couch and then I'd trip over it going to the bar fridge..

My Dell xps15 is unreal. I was the same before never liked any of my laptops but this thing is flawless.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Just like the Oilers, I took the year off last year since this place is very toxic while losing. I'm back and it looks like the Oilers have more effort and determination this year. Let's hope they take that into the regular season. I'll be cautiously optimistic to start this season as we haven't been playing ver good teams and our division is strong.

Start Google chrome. Got to oilers.com and start the game video on your laptop or desktop. In the top right hand corner of the browser (not the video) the same cast icon will be there that you are used to seeing. When you click the cast icon you will see a pop up saying "cast to". Here you would choose the chromecast you want to send it to (needs to be on the same network). Once casted on your TV, on the laptop/desktop go full screen with the video and it will go full screen on your tv.

Good luck!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
On my Samsung tv I opened a browser and navigated to oilerstv and then hit full screen.

My LG HDTV Smart TV is not as smart. It can't even find internet. I've even had a tech in. They said it was outdated My Bluray is also supposed to connect, it doesn't it stopped, and I need to download updates to it when it can't connect..haha I've tried everything copy program on flash, run through HDMI, it won't even load updates..won't find my network, won't hit wifi, cheap crap. They always want you to buy a new one.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
My LG HDTV Smart TV is not as smart. It can't even find internet. I've even had a tech in. They said it was outdated My Bluray is also supposed to connect, it doesn't it stopped, and I need to download updates to it when it can't connect..haha I've tried everything copy program on flash, run through HDMI, it won't even load updates..won't find my network, won't hit wifi, cheap crap. They always want you to buy a new one.
Wifi and hardwired?

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet

:wally:

Reactions: McTrashBoat

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
so last game for Bear and Yamamoto before they get sent to AHL?

Chaisson+ Garrison vs Yam + Bear I think.
If Bouchard has a good game, I could see Bear being sent down. I think Yamamoto stays though, they need a #2RW for Draisaitl and seem determined to keep Puljujarvi on the 3rd line..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad