GDT: PS #7 // Flames @ Oilers // Sept 29 @ 1 PM MST // Streaming

Which forwards should make the Oilers roster?

• Total voters

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
GDT TUNES

-

Preseason Game #7
Flames @ Oilers
Sept 29 @ 1:00 PM MST
Streaming on Oilers.com

Oilers Lines:

TBA

Flames Lines:

TBA

-

Please vote in the poll!

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Why is this poll a pick 3 instead of a pick 4? Most rosters will carry 14 forwards, unless I'm forgetting someone we should have only 1 forward remaining getting the short straw and not making the team. For myself I would try to trade either Kassian (highest cap hit) or Caggiula (highest trade value- young /w perceived upside), or potentially even both and keep an eye to the waiver wire for potential upgrades.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Why is this poll a pick 3 instead of a pick 4? Most rosters will carry 14 forwards, unless I'm forgetting someone we should have only 1 forward remaining getting the short straw and not making the team. For myself I would try to trade either Kassian (highest cap hit) or Caggiula (highest trade value- young /w perceived upside), or potentially even both and keep an eye to the waiver wire for potential upgrades.

There's a decent possibility that we keep 8 d-men instead.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
There's a decent possibility that we keep 8 d-men instead.
Bleh. Bouchard and Bear to me is a clear either or situation, they fill the same role on the team, one stays and the other plays in the junior/AHL, Bear is also waiver exempt if we just want the short try-out for Bouchard making him an obvious candidate to go down. Then as far as Jerabek and Garrison they don't entirely replicate each others skill sets, but with Garrison on a PTO I don't know why you sign him if you haven't already come to conclusion that he is better than Jerabek. Really Jerabek doesn't deserve to make the team based on merit, he's been outplayed by at least 9 d-men.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Bleh. Bouchard and Bear to me is a clear either or situation, they fill the same role on the team, one stays and the other plays in the junior/AHL, Bear is also waiver exempt if we just want the short try-out for Bouchard making him an obvious candidate to go down. Then as far as Jerabek and Garrison they don't entirely replicate each others skill sets, but with Garrison on a PTO I don't know why you sign him if you haven't already come to conclusion that he is better than Jerabek. Really Jerabek doesn't deserve to make the team based on merit, he's been outplayed by at least 9 d-men.

I think Starting Bear in the NHL and swapping him in and out until Bouchards 9 games are up would be best for him. He'll learn the systems the new coaches are implementing, be around the team getting to know them better, and will likely be playing 1-2 times a week. then when Bouchard goes down he can jump into that spot full time already being used to playing with the guys in the system they're using.

If we sign Garrison, he and Jerebek can swap out whenever necessary as well, and we can rotate those 4 dmen until Bouchards tryout is up, at which point Jerebek and Garrison can still swap out but Bear will have a spot on the third pairing assuming he doesn't drop off a cliff.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but from the looks of things I think they're going to keep all of Bouchard/Bear/Jerabek/Garrison for the first few weeks.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but from the looks of things I think they're going to keep all of Bouchard/Bear/Jerabek/Garrison for the first few weeks.

I agree with what fella in #5 post said. Bouchard will be on the plane to Europe . He will get 9 games. If he hits it outta the park, things get interesting then. One must remember, we can send Bear down anytime and call back up.
With this possible expansion draft looming, it makes decisions harder on ELC's. I'm very happy with the pre-season so far. We never had any depth at D (Right D), now we have 2 dandies coming with Bear and Bouchard. Jones is a lefty and is progressing well. Play him 30 mins a night in AHL. Our forward group in Pre-season looked really good as well. Benson and McLeod will be on this team in the coming years. I had big hopes for Safin and Makismov. They re-gressed a little this year. Best to send them back to junior. Safin got traded to Halifax last week and they are hosting Mem Cup. I'll be taking in a few games in Halifax this year and Im going to Mem Cup. I'll watch Safin closely.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
They cant Since all 4 would be fighting for the same roster spot.

Klefbom Nurse Russell Larsson and Benning have the other 5 spots.

Edit: unless one of the 5 picked up an injury that I don't know about.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I say we roll with this for 9 games:

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Benning
Russel - Bouchard
Garrison

*Bottom pair RD gets top unit pp and 3 on 3 time.
After 9 games, swap Bouch for Bear.
For the Forwards:

Nuge - Mcdavid - Rattie
Rieder - Drai - Yamo
Lucic - Strome - Puljujarvi
Khaira - Brodziak - Chaser

*Rieder and Lucic can swap spots
Jettison Caggiula and Kassian to clear cap.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
For the Forwards:

Nuge - Mcdavid - Rattie
Rieder - Drai - Yamo
Khaira - Brodziak - Chaser

*Rieder and Lucic can swap spots
Jettison Caggiula and Kassian to clear cap.

Man Lucic is just a freaking black hole. Sucks that we have to anchor someone’s line with him. Puljujarvi and Khaira have worked well together, Id hate to see Lucic break that up just because he’s overpaid. But on the other hand it almost looks as if Drai is protesting and on strike having to have Lucic on his line out there. Could the coaches just do what’s best for the team and put him on the 4th line?

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Do they catch they plane to Europe right after this game?
If that's the case, then not sure how much there head will be into this one...not going to put too much stock in the effort today.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
For the Forwards:

After the beginning of the season even McDavid had trouble producing with Lucic and when Drai did the same there were messages saying how it isn't possible to produce well with Lucic in the line. I wonder what kind of a part Lucic played in Jesse's quiet end of the season. Of course I know it's only a part of the story but I hope they'll keep Lucic away from Jesse this season, especially if the 3rd player isn't good enough to get something done anyway.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Its a Saturday in Canada and this game can't be on TV? bleh.

neither market televising it?

Too bad the Oilers TV doesn't allow for chrome casting or anything so I could watch in big screen rec room comfort. first world problems..

If you have the Chrome browser, you can cast any tab of Chrome. Use that to stream the game on your tv. Once you maximize the video player in chrome it'll be the same as any other chromecast stream on your tv.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Its a Saturday in Canada and this game can't be on TV? bleh.

neither market televising it?

Too bad the Oilers TV doesn't allow for chrome casting or anything so I could watch in big screen rec room comfort. first world problems..

Laptop + display port to HDMI cable + wireless keyboard and mouse for couch control.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If you have the Chrome browser, you can cast any tab of Chrome. Use that to stream the game on your tv. Once you maximize the video player in chrome it'll be the same as any other chromecast stream on your tv.

You mean google chrome browser? I have no idea what you mean with the bolded.

I'm not very techy. heh. If I see the chrome casting icon on a vid I know I can cast it. If I right click and it has cast option I know I can cast it. Google Chrome browser is problematic with my system. I use it for certain things but when I use it to cast it does strange things like set up a different user identity. It locks me out of my own browser on my own computer.. Its like it casts into the twilight zone..;)

sorry for being computer remedial..

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015
Man Lucic is just a freaking black hole. Sucks that we have to anchor someone’s line with him. Puljujarvi and Khaira have worked well together, Id hate to see Lucic break that up just because he’s overpaid. But on the other hand it almost looks as if Drai is protesting and on strike having to have Lucic on his line out there. Could the coaches just do what’s best for the team and put him on the 4th line?

That just makes the 4th line an instant GA every time they get a shift. I guess having him with Drai and Yamo means that while the line is useless, they could maybe mitigate the damage to some extent. What an ingenious way of employing 15m cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad