2018/19 PRE SEASON
PS GAME #6 - 09/27/2018

vs

TIME | 7:00 PM ET
VENUE WELLS FARGO CENTER - PHILADELPHIA, PA
TV | MSG, NHLN, NBCSN-PHI

ONLINE STREAMS: NOT ALLOWED | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; PHI@NYR 9/19/18 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - FLYERS.com
NY Post - NYDN - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

PRE SEASON SCHEDULE:

preseason18a.png

QUOTES TO NOTE:

I’m leaner and I’m faster, but I feel the whole league is leaner and faster.
If you want to stay here, if you want to succeed here, you have to keep up. That’s why I put in all the work.
- Mika Zibanejad

___________________________________​

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
TBA | TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA | TBA

LD | RD
TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA

Scratched

STARTING GOALIE:

goalietba.png

TBA

___________________________________________________________________________________________

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
TBA | TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA | TBA

LD | RD
TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA
TBA | TBA

Scratched

STARTING GOALIE:

goalietba.png

TBA
*TBA

zuccjumpck.gif

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Def. a weak roster. Someone outwork Mcleod by a mile and get him packing. With all due respect to an NHL veteran, not a fit at all. This bothers me as much as Ruff behind the bench.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Damn, wanted to see Chytil have a good game so he could go from future superstar to not ready for the NHL back to future superstar.

Reactions: Ola

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm going to be irate when our AHL roster gets destroyed by the Flyers' opening night lineup.

The Flyers lost a preseason exhibition against their own AHL team a few years back.

Reactions: Ola

Placid

Feb 17, 2010

So, Andersson and Lettieri are playing their 5th match tonight. Buch has played 4, and Howden, McLeod, Namestnikov and Vesey are also playing their 4th tonight. Nobody else has more than 3.

4 players (excluding Nieves (injured) and Keane (sent back to the juniors)) remain at 1 game : Butler, Fontaine, Gropp and Bigras.

Unusual Suspect

Aug 22, 2005
Warren County, NJ
This... is... NOT what I would have wanted to see in the last match of the preseason. WTF is the message here? Andersson is on the bubble? Schneider, Fogarty, Lindqvist, O'Gara, Howden, Lindgren are still ostensibly competing for spots at this late date? Quinn said flat out, if tersely, that it would be possible for something to happen in tonight's game that would change his mind about the opening night roster. Other than Lettieri's somewhat unexpected push, and one more chance to see Meskanen and the backup goaltenders, I don't really see what's being accomplished here. No Chytil? The status is decided on Pionk and Deangelo? Only one look at Bigras? It's not a matter of not agreeing with the reasoning, what's bothering me is I can't FIND much if any...

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
This... is... NOT what I would have wanted to see in the last match of the preseason. WTF is the message here? Andersson is on the bubble? Schneider, Fogarty, Lindqvist, O'Gara, Howden, Lindgren are still ostensibly competing for spots at this late date? Quinn said flat out, if tersely, that it would be possible for something to happen in tonight's game that would change his mind about the opening night roster. Other than Lettieri's somewhat unexpected push, and one more chance to see Meskanen and the backup goaltenders, I don't really see what's being accomplished here. No Chytil? The status is decided on Pionk and Deangelo? Only one look at Bigras? It's not a matter of not agreeing with the reasoning, what's bothering me is I can't FIND much if any...

I suspect that it's mainly just getting a look at a few more players to get a sense of them in case of callups, mybe a few guys solidfying a lineup spot, and also to give some other players a break after 3 games in 4 nights, etc. It seems obvious that the coaching staff doesn't see preseason as a place to gel as a team overall and really more as a evaluation tool and maybe to look at pairs of guys together rather than the team as a whole

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Back to back in preseason? f*** that.

What's the deal with playing Andersson almost every game? Is he getting an extended look because he's on the bubble, or is he definitely on the team and we're preparing him?

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
...and also to give some other players a break after 3 games in 4 nights, etc
Except for Andersson, he has played every game except for the second training game (on the 19th). Swedish meatballs is powering him to new heights :laugh:

oh, and Lettieri, he has played all games but the first (on the 17th).

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Back to back in preseason? **** that.

What's the deal with playing Andersson almost every game? Is he getting an extended look because he's on the bubble, or is he definitely on the team and we're preparing him?
Have absolutely no clue, it seems rather strange... this type of "very very extended look" would normally lead me to believe that the players in question are bubble players that the coach needs to see more.. but between all these games and the practices, etc.. one would think that he'd know by now, unless its an endurance test...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad