Post-Game Talk: PS #5 - 10/04/16 | RANGERS @ islanders | 7:00 PM - MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Do we have a confirmed line up for tonight yet?

Yes

JT Miller, Kevin Hayes, Nicklas Jensen
Chris Kreider, Mika Zibanejad, Brandon Pirri
Michael Grabner, Nathan Gerbe, Jesper Fast
Tanner Glass, Marek Hrivik, Robin Kovacs

Marc Staal and Kevin Klein

Brady Skjei and Adam Clendening

John Gilmour, Dylan McIlrath

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Avs fans not only said that Hunwick was a horrible defenseman, but that he was the worst defenseman in Avs franchise history.

Nah both guys were just asked to play well above their levels. Its like asking Ryan Hollweg to play on your top line. Nothing bad can happen right? Holden as a bottom pairing for you guys will be perfect.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers
AV said at this point @zuccarello36 will not play Thursday against Philadelphia, but "I could change my mind on a dime." #NYR

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Does Gilmour have a legit shot of making it? Hard to believe, even with how well he has played.

Honestly doubt it...he has to outplay Skjei (which I think he has done) but also Holden (they've been close but Holden has the vet advantage)

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Someone enlighten me.

KREIDER-ZIBANEJAD-PIRRI

What is the reason of playing three snipers/shooters together and no playmaker/other kind of player?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
three shooters with other attributes, pirri's the only guy whose shot is his best asset

Its preseason. Part of the reason Lapierre stuck around as long as he did and the reason some other guys who should have been sent down a while ago are still here is because of the WC. They wanted extra bodies for the preseason. I am pretty sure AV knows who is going where. Some guys playing more than others (IE Pirri & Zib) would maybe be to get them accustomed to our system.

Preseason isn't really about winning or losing, as much as we enjoy winning these meaningless games. It is about evaluating players, taking notes of their short comings and developing strategies to improve over the course of the season.

Kreider needs to be more consistent. Zib is brand new. So is Pirri. If this was a regular season game I would get the outrage.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Someone enlighten me.

KREIDER-ZIBANEJAD-PIRRI

What is the reason of playing three snipers/shooters together and no playmaker/other kind of player?
Commando-Arnold_dl.jpg

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Its preseason. Part of the reason Lapierre stuck around as long as he did and the reason some other guys who should have been sent down a while ago are still here is because of the WC. They wanted extra bodies for the preseason. I am pretty sure AV knows who is going where. Some guys playing more than others (IE Pirri & Zib) would maybe be to get them accustomed to our system.

Preseason isn't really about winning or losing, as much as we enjoy winning these meaningless games. It is about evaluating players, taking notes of their short comings and developing strategies to improve over the course of the season.

Kreider needs to be more consistent. Zib is brand new. So is Pirri. If this was a regular season game I would get the outrage.

A good summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland