Post-Game Talk: PS #4 - 09/24/18 | devils @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Chytil played a similar style last game and had that creating chances from nothing thing going that Malkin has always been so good at. Obviously he's very, very, very unlikely to ever reach Malkin's level, but a player who produces less but has a similar style would still be incredibly valuable.

For Chytil, would Tomas Hertl be a more accurate/realistic comp?

Can't forget his debut:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
For Chytil, would Tomas Hertl be a more accurate/realistic comp?

Can't forget his debut:

IMO, Hertl is more of a finisher from what I've seen of him, whereas Chytil is more a creator and uses his range to jump passing lanes or strip the puck. I think Malkin is a pretty similar style comparison, not overall skill level comparison. Like, there are a lot of guys who play a Gaborik style game but don't have his skill level so they don't put up the same numbers he used to.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The way he carries the puck through the neutral zone weaving and building up a full head of steam is reminiscent of Malkin. Not saying he'll be anywhere near the player Malkin is, just stating the way he looks carrying the puck through the neutral zone reminds me of Malkin.

He has a similarly proprotioned frame and a similar skating stride as well.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I do think Hertl is a good comparison in the sense that I think Rangers fans overrate how much Chytil will produce, but he should be a possession beast.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Hard to say how far Chytil can go. He's still only 18 years old with one whole year as a North American pro in the books and he's getting bigger, stronger and better. The one thing is though there's the occasional shift where he just takes it over--is the hand's down best player on the ice. That's pretty amazing for an 18 year old. I get that someone like Hischier has moments like that too---so you kind of need to keep that in perspective too but the sky is the limit for Filip.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I've had a dancing flamingo gif open all day, but since we're approaching game time, I have decided to close it in hopes that the hockey gods don't see it as being cocky.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
IMO, Hertl is more of a finisher from what I've seen of him, whereas Chytil is more a creator and uses his range to jump passing lanes or strip the puck. I think Malkin is a pretty similar style comparison, not overall skill level comparison. Like, there are a lot of guys who play a Gaborik style game but don't have his skill level so they don't put up the same numbers he used to.

Malkin has put up 50 goals, so he's certainly a finisher.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Wow Sam, thanks for reminding all of us that it's been 13 years since Micheletti joined.

As if we all didn't already feel old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad