Post-Game Talk: PS #4 - 09/24/18 | devils @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Devils playing Gryba again. Anyone concussion prone (Zibanejad, Buchnevich) should keep that in mind. He likes to catch opponents unawares and skating from an angle laterally and hit them high ala Boo Nieves about a week ago and kind of like Scott Stevens, Radko Gudas.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Devils playing Gryba again. Anyone concussion prone (Zibanejad, Buchnevich) should keep that in mind. He likes to catch opponents unawares and skating from an angle laterally and hit them high ala Boo Nieves about a week ago and kind of like Scott Stevens, Radko Gudas.

Thats why we have McLeod. Get Gryba off the ice and into the box.

Reactions: egelband

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Thats why we have McLeod. Get Gryba off the ice and into the box.
I agree. If Cody would like to show this team a reason why they at least brought him to the pre-season, this would be the game. It's a meaningless game in terms of Wins and Losses so there is no reason to hesitate on challenging Gryba. The colliding heads was most likely an accident but he was coming into that hit looking to deliver punishment. Answer the bell early and it's all squashed for the rest of the game.

It's a good time to set a small precedent that this isn't an AV team anymore that doesn't believe in self-regulation among the players. They won't be a bunch of goons or anything, but there will be repercussions for dick head moves.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
I'd like to see Andersson center Zucc and Fast tonight. Three heart-and-soul, work ethic types causing havoc in all 3 zones.

KZB
Zucc-Chad-Fast
Beleskey-Hayes-Lettieri
Gettinger-Fogarty-McLeod

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
You missed a helluva game by the kid. At times he was an actual force and a few dominant shifts. In my eyes, easily our most noticeable if not BEST player for the boys in blue.

I'm not gonna pump Chytil's tires toooo much but he is remarkably good at creating something from seemingly nothing. Hopefully the puck starts going in for him

Reactions: egelband

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Forgot to mention it in the Isles game threads but it was fun when Anders Lee and Lias Andersson were on the ice simultaneously.

Reactions: RaXp

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I'm not gonna pump Chytil's tires toooo much but he is remarkably good at creating something from seemingly nothing. Hopefully the puck starts going in for him
Him just carrying the puck through the neutral zone is a thing of beauty. He's Malkin-esque in this way.

As far as Lias, I can't help but think of Henrik Zetterberg the more I watch him. Not a fast skater, not particularly dynamic but very skilled, responsible and a "just get the job done" do it all type player.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
What’s with the Malkin comparisons ?
Chytil played a similar style last game and had that creating chances from nothing thing going that Malkin has always been so good at. Obviously he's very, very, very unlikely to ever reach Malkin's level, but a player who produces less but has a similar style would still be incredibly valuable.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
What’s with the Malkin comparisons ?

Uh, it's right in the post:

Him just carrying the puck through the neutral zone is a thing of beauty. He's Malkin-esque in this way.

The way he carries the puck through the neutral zone weaving and building up a full head of steam is reminiscent of Malkin. Not saying he'll be anywhere near the player Malkin is, just stating the way he looks carrying the puck through the neutral zone reminds me of Malkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->