GDT: PS #2 - 09/20/17 | devils @ RANGERS | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
LOL I knew that was coming from somebody. :)

That was a wild era. Murdoch and Don Maloney had a good time as young single guys. Still as a rookie Murdoch was awesome. We never had a Mike Bossy but he was as close as we got for a year or two.

I was thinking of going there but that's too much of a softball and I have inside info on that matter.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If you rank forwards that played last night Chytil was slightly behind Kreider, Zuke and Hayes, close to Vesey (ahead because of OT winner). Then you consider that he's barely 18...

Still, I agree that these preseason games do not give an undesputable indication of a player immediate readiness for the NHL. Whether Chytil (or Andersson) stick with the team this season, I would like posters to avoid public tantrums or calls of conspiracy by FO.

Otherwise, I saw Levitate mentioned it too and I will repeat myself again that Chytil looks more like a winger to me than a center.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If you rank forwards that played last night Chytil was slightly behind Kreider, Zuke and Hayes, close to Vesey (ahead because of OT winner). Then you consider that he's barely 18...

Still, I agree that these preseason games do not give an undesputable indication of a player immediate readiness for the NHL. Whether Chytil (or Andersson) stick with the team this season, I would like posters to avoid public tantrums or calls of conspiracy by FO.

Otherwise, I saw Levitate mentioned it too and I will repeat myself again that Chytil looks more like a winger to me than a center.

I don't think you'll see that if both of those guys get sent back overseas. Short of playing their way onto the team through sheer dominance, thats probably the best route for the both of them.

Now if Marc Staal is a regular all year...

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The one time we get a legit top line center prospect people want to move him to wing. :rant:

I'd be very happy if he turns into a legitimate 1C. Just guessing through projecting his development from what I've seen. Definitely not advocating that he should be "forcefully" switched at this point.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I don't think you'll see that if both of those guys get sent back overseas. Short of playing their way onto the team through sheer dominance, thats probably the best route for the both of them.

Now if Marc Staal is a regular all year...

This is exactly what I'm saying. If they continue to play as they have so far and then get sent back to play in Europe, this place will get a few meltdowns no doubt.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
To me, Lias looks like he's almost ready to step in. I've wavered on it but if he doesn't make the NHL roster I'd like for him to go to the AHL because I think he's ready to contribute at some point this season.

Chytil I need to see more of. Even then, I think a year back in the Czech Republic is better for him long term.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Staal had better be in the rotating bottom spot if AV is going to be at all accountable for his words, because realistically, he shouldn't make the team at all.

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
I'm more curious to see how Andersson and Chytil respond after making a dumb play/blunder.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
I'm more curious to see how Andersson and Chytil respond after making a dumb play/blunder.

Also want to see them in a game with some actual flow and extended 5v5 play. These games have been really choppy.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I expect them to do mistakes and how they and AV react this season is still unknown - so I won't speculate on such events.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Also want to see them in a game with some actual flow and extended 5v5 play. These games have been really choppy.

Awful. You're right. Not only are these rule implementations crap for the fan. They also make it tough for the coaches to evaluate talent. And actually with all the special teams play I bet we see an early injury. Thanks NHL. I'm so excited to see "True" faceoffs the way God intended them.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Or you can, you know, follow the rules. I have no issue with this rule. The face-offs have been shady for way too long.
Agreed, too much cluttering of players around FO circle. Interference all over the place. The players will adjust in due time. I like this, it should win FACEOFFS more cleanly and more quick offensive plays in the zone. Set plays can be run more efficiently. Hopefully anyway.

Stop, this ruins the game, don't be that guy.
I'm on board for being that guy.....more like a knock hockey face off.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
To me, Lias looks like he's almost ready to step in. I've wavered on it but if he doesn't make the NHL roster I'd like for him to go to the AHL because I think he's ready to contribute at some point this season.

Chytil I need to see more of. Even then, I think a year back in the Czech Republic is better for him long term.

Lias is ready for sure, I think.

The silly idea that he somehow wouldn't be ready for either the NHL or SHL due to his summer looks to be completely debunked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad