Post-Game Talk: PS#2 | 09/19/18 | Rangers vs Flyers... something I want to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Off of this game I'd cut Keane (didn't play badly but he's not making this team), Lettieri, Gilmour, Holland and Gropp. I'd also add Melanson, Butler, Salvaggio and Crawley--maybe Fogarty, Schneider, Fontaine.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Very sloppy game, but that 3rd period was something to look forward to. The puck was bouncing every which way today. MSG got to fix the ice surface.... :shakehead

Thought DeAngelo and Buch had another strong game. Zibanejad didn't look concussed and played well and Smith looked like the Smith of old. Tokarski had some nice saves and Hajek didn't look bad, either. The 4th line tonight (Beleskey-Holland-Fontaine) had some jump in their game. Once Beleskey scored that goal, he was playing a lot better than I was expecting. Maybe he needed that boost in confidence. Keane got top pair minutes tonight, which has me raising an eyebrow, but he didn't look bad, too. Lettieri got a long look tonight with more responsibility, but couldn't really connect. Howden was about what I was expecting, TBH.

Thought Chytil was slow mentally in the 1st half, but looked solid in the 2nd half. He definitely needs more developing on the defensive side of the puck, though. Thought Skjei, Gilmour and Namestnikov had underwhelming games. Not bad, but definitely not good. Vesey, Gropp and Spooner (before the injury) were invisible tonight.

Lundqvist definitely stunk it up out there, but it's one game. He'll get his groove back.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I trust Gorton, he will do the right thing and will ship Vesey along with Zucc or Hayes at the TDL.

3 stars: Buchnevich, DeAngelo and Smith.
HM: Chytil and Zibanejad.

I hope Brazil miss next world cup in soccer buddy. I mean why even mention Vesey in the same sentence with Hayes & Zucc who have yet to play a pre season game - maybe he is on that air plane already to a new Franchise or demand to move to win a cup elsewhere? :)

Reactions: Fvital92

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I'm not getting all the Smith hype here.
He looked like just another rookie trying to compete for a shot at the big boys club.
O'Gara made a bigger impact.
Are you nutz??

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Ironic for a guy from Harvard. (I know it's a different IQ).

It’s not really. Out of shape people use the term “sports IQ”a lot.

Dumb people like to refer to “alternate IQs”

And then people like to use “hockey IQ” to explain why players performed above or below their expectations instead of felling shame by being wrong.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I don't like it, but it needs to be said. If this is what Hank is going to give, we are better off without it. The goals he gives up are below average attempts, the times he gives them up are momentum destroyers, and he has a terrible habit of letting us get in a hole early and we never recover. Best player to ever put on a Rangers sweater. Lately he seems to chip away at that legacy every time he puts on the mask.

You sheep.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
I hope Brazil miss next world cup in soccer buddy. I mean why even mention Vesey in the same sentence with Hayes & Zucc who have yet to play a pre season game - maybe he is on that air plane already to a new Franchise or demand to move to win a cup elsewhere? :)
Hopefully you are right, I was just trying to find a silver lining after his 100th horrible performance with a Rangers jersey.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Invisible or not, Spooner puts up points.
Yes a solid point - I like him since end of last season and I hope he is okey. :)

It was not too serious comment earlier @Fvital92 - just off topic even the players you mentioned have value since Rangers is in a rebuild process.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Yes a solid point - I like him since end of last season and I hope he is okey. :)

It was not too serious comment earlier @Fvital92 - just off topic even the players you mentioned have value since Rangers is in a rebuild process.
I know, and, well, at least they help the tank.

Reactions: Ori

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Lettieri played four minutes more than Buchnevich and Vesey played 6 more minutes more.
It seemed to me that Quinn was testing out to see if he could get these guys going more than an AV type of decision. Buchnevich has been our best forward this preseason with 2 games under his belt, no reason to play him a lot.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is what I'd do with the lineup.

K-Z-B
Spooner-Chytil-Zuccarello
Andersson-Hayes-Namestnikov
Meskanen-Holland-Fast
Vesey

If Beleskey takes that last spot over Vesey, I'm not bothered.

Skjei-Shattenkirk
Staal-Pionk
Smith-McQuaid
ADA

I don't know how to sort out the D any better. Are we going to play 4 RH shots? Are we going to sit a guy we traded a pick for? I wouldn't be against playing 7D and 11F.

Edit: Initially put Lindqvist in instead of Meskanen. Meskanen is better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad