Post-Game Talk: PS#2 | 09/19/18 | Rangers vs Flyers... something I want to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Puck had some bounce to it tonight. Didn't want to stay on the sticks of some players. Particularly Chytil.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I was also going to mirror what was said in the OP. I looked at a roster it's a combo of solid to good vets and promising prospects. Honestly, this isn't the 00-01 Rangers where we had a few great but aging players and ****. We'll lose more than we win but I think we'll be fun to watch.

All we should be looking for is for the right players to make progress.

As long as the 1st, 2nd and 3rd year players are better in April than they are right now, we've had a successful season.

That will most likely manifest itself in a bottom 7 finish, but that is a good thing in the long run.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
I trust Gorton, he will do the right thing and will ship Vesey along with Zucc or Hayes at the TDL.

3 stars: Buchnevich, DeAngelo and Smith.
HM: Chytil and Zibanejad.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Gilmour, Holland gone. Maybe Lettieri too. Gropp didnt do much imo. Fontaine was more noticeable.

Like Hajek a lot. Howden has potential but wasnt too smooth out there tonight, might just be the first game jitters with the Rangers

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I don't like it, but it needs to be said. If this is what Hank is going to give, we are better off without it. The goals he gives up are below average attempts, the times he gives them up are momentum destroyers, and he has a terrible habit of letting us get in a hole early and we never recover. Best player to ever put on a Rangers sweater. Lately he seems to chip away at that legacy every time he puts on the mask.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I've been reading stuff here over the summer.

I only saw the 3rd period.
Mike14 in the game thread kind of gave me the recap I needed at this point.

"Like against the Devils, we got a lot better as the game went on.
ADA was good again, and Smith looked more like the guy we got at the deadline.
Would have liked to have seen more from Howden. Hajek looked really good once he settled into the speed of the game.
Spooner was looking ok until he went off
Tokarski was good "

Chytil's goal at the end of a long shift when it didn't even look like he had any gas in the tank was fantastic.
I 'm going to be happy if Smith is good again. Not that he is the key to the defense, but more like everybody matters. Can't afford another sabbatical from the vets.
When I started watching, it was already 5-4 Flyers, so I wasn't sure about Tokarski. He always looked like a decent goalie, so in preaseason, no big deal in an uneven game.

Reactions: mike14 and Ori

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I don't like it, but it needs to be said. If this is what Hank is going to give, we are better off without it. The goals he gives up are below average attempts, the times he gives them up are momentum destroyers, and he has a terrible habit of letting us get in a hole early and we never recover. Best player to ever put on a Rangers sweater. Lately he seems to chip away at that legacy every time he puts on the mask.
No, we are better with it in the long run. He’ll give us losses. We don’t need a goalie winning meaningless games.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I've been reading stuff here over the summer.

I only saw the 3rd period.
Mike14 in the game thread kind of gave me the recap I needed at this point.

"Like against the Devils, we got a lot better as the game went on.
ADA was good again, and Smith looked more like the guy we got at the deadline.
Would have liked to have seen more from Howden. Hajek looked really good once he settled into the speed of the game.
Spooner was looking ok until he went off
Tokarski was good "

Chytil's goal at the end of a long shift when it didn't even look like he had any gas in the tank was fantastic.
I 'm going to be happy if Smith is good again. Not that he is the key to the defense, but more like everybody matters. Can't afford another sabbatical from the vets.
When I started watching, it was already 5-4 Flyers, so I wasn't sure about Tokarski. He always looked like a decent goalie, so in preaseason, no big deal in an uneven game.

FWIW, Tokarski only let in the 6th goal. The rest were Hanks.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
You can thank me for the 6th flyers goal. Moments before, I turned to my friend and said "Gee, it seems like Tokarski hasn't faced a shot in a while."

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Why are Namestnikov, Spooner and Vesey even on this team?
They all SUCK and aren't worthy of putting on a NYR Jersey!

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
The team lost but tonight's biggest loser was Brendan Smith.

Ok I'm done. Stick a fork in me.

Reactions: NYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: