Post-Game Talk: PS #1 - 09/17/18 | RANGERS @ devils

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

member 116805

Don't let my username indicate that I'm a Kreider fan (it's just a pun, I criticize him quite a lot) but assuming Kreider is going to have a disappointing season after 1 pre season game is laughable. If this is the way we judge players, give Lias the Hart trophy already
I didn't. I said I wanted Kreider to come out with fire. He looked like he didn't care at all last night. That was very disapoting.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Unfortunately this didn't stop Sather from signing him to a $5.7M AAV contract in 2015. Getting to play with Anton Strålman for a full season tricked many into thinking he was back to pre-concussion/eye injury Staal.

The eye injury came in 2013, it was an Eric Staal-induced concussion that occurred in 2011.

Yes, I know. I didn't mean that the eye thing coincided with OP's 2011 dividing line.

Staal is an artifact of yesterday's game. He can't deal with the pace of the modern game, one eye or not. The only thing he can do is play the puck out of danger when he's not fumbling with it. Forget about him making a pass up ice.

Reactions: egelband

member 116805

yes he was fine. Seems like you have some beef with him. He had an assist. Most vets whose job is not on the line don't even care about pre-season games. I think he lost too much weight though, to be a good power forward he needs some more weight to his frame.
No beef with him at all. I m just waiting for that consistency and fire. Was hoping this would be the year where he comes out beasting from min 1

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If Staal really does get outplayed by a younger defenseman, I'd like to see the coach have the guts to scratch him despite his assistant captaincy.

If this new regime is supposed to be growing a new roster through a rebuild, we can't have declining veterans blocking youth development. I say that with all respect to Marc.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Guys really just don't come out "beasting" from minute 1 of preseason games. I dunno man, that's basically how it is in all sports for the preseason. Vets don't want to go balls out like it's a game that means anything, they're just easing in, working on little things, developing some patterns and consistency with teammates. It doesn't really do them any good to come out and treat preseason like it matters. you see this all across the league, not just with Kreider.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
I DVR'd the game to watch it a second time, and I have to say that I didn't see any of what you're talking about. IMO DeAngelo was our best Dman last night, and at worst our 4th best player.

Good thing you don't scout for us. He sucked. Just more of the same. Low percentage pass after pass from that scrub.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
The classic overreaction to one preseason game that many had anticipated.

Never change, NYRHF.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Yeah, avoid the subject? No
Guy has been a disappoinment so far.
Every year he'll break out... Nope..
Who knows this time, 6th time (?) is a charm. His 10 min storm against montreal made a lot of ppl forget how big of a disappointment he has been.
The Manimal. The beast. A player with superb physics, that just don't have the mental capacity most nights. So far, anyways. Fingers crossed

It's 1 pre-season game. Are you serious? He was a beast after coming back last year. Let's give it some time please.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Great stuff from Lias, Fast, and Buchnevich. Really liked what I saw from DeAngelo and Lindgren on the back end. Didn't think it was a strong showing from Pionk other than the OT goal... lot of poorly executed zone exits. Looking forward to watching Chytil next game

Reactions: Ori and NYR Lurker

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think we also go through this every year...Kreider is only a disappointment to the people who think he has elite skills to go along with his physical abilities and therefor he should dominate all the time but doesn't because he's not smart enough or is lazy or something.

Kreider's production ultimately has been about in line with his skills. I'd like to see him go back to being a more nasty player like he was for a bit until AV coached that out of him but it probably won't happen overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad