Prust

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Loving him so far. He brings an element of grit and intensity the team's been needing for years. White, Prust, Armstrong. None of them are huge guys but they're not afraid of anybody and can actually chip a goal here and there.

Mynameismark*

He reminds me of Shayne Corson only with less talent and fighting ability, but he's the kinda guy we have been needing.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

beast lovehim that unsportsmanlike was absolute ****ing *********

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I thought his unsportsmanlike conduct was warranted. Once the ref blew the whistle and players started converging towards each other. Prust got up and went on the bench, as if he had barely been touched.

It could have cost us the game. But if you're not trying every possibility, you don't care enough to win.

I just hope he doesn't do this too often. :P

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Has to channel it down. I have no problem with his intensity. I would take that Goaltending interference call in the 1st or 2nd period, but not in the third period with 4 minutes left up 1 goal.
No he does not need to chanel it down, in fact that's the last thing he needs to do. 1st of all that call was bull because he was clearly going for the puck and not the goalie, plus Pavelec was way out of his crease.

That energy is what's sparking the whole team, I'll accept 5 penaltys from players that are working hard than a dumb hooking call cause you didn't feel like catching up.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
That was like one of those basketball plays where the passer put the receiver in a bad spot for a charge. More on Gallagher than Prust IMO.
Absolutely. Gally held on to the puck a little long there and then tried to feather it in. Should have just shot it.

About the hit from behind, I'm a bit on the fence. I think it was a legit hit from behind but I also think there may have been a bit of an act. I missed it on the fly and only saw him drop to the ice. I thought it was a hit to the head the way he dropped. I definitely would have called both though if I was calling the dive. Either way, I doubt you see embellishing too often from this guy. He said after the game that's the first dive he was ever called on.

Overall, what he brings vastly outweighs these minor details and he was a big part of the win tonight. Again.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Has to channel it down. I have no problem with his intensity. I would take that Goaltending interference call in the 1st or 2nd period, but not in the third period with 4 minutes left up 1 goal.

Got no problem with the way hes playing. I absolutely love Prust, but he just needs to channel it down in certain situations, cause sooner or later it might bite the team in the ass

No way do you ask him to "channel it down".

His intensity is rubbing off on the two Gallys.

Drive the net. Drive the net. How long have we been waiting for that.

Prust is an inspiration to the team and for the team. He is worth every penny of his contract and it is foolish to say otherwise (not you.....others have said this).

He should have had another goal tonight with the exception of catching a piece of the goalies' stick.

Best move by far of Bergevin's young tenure.

hogtownhabsfan*

Absolutely. Gally held on to the puck a little long there and then tried to feather it in. Should have just shot it.

He also had Galchenyuk flying down the middle just a couple of steps behind which could have worked as well

About the hit from behind, I'm a bit on the fence. I think it was a legit hit from behind but I also think there may have been a bit of an act. I missed it on the fly and only saw him drop to the ice. I thought it was a hit to the head the way he dropped. I definitely would have called both though if I was calling the dive. Either way, I doubt you see embellishing too often from this guy. He said after the game that's the first dive he was ever called on.

Overall, what he brings vastly outweighs these minor details.

Agree about the slight embellishment after the hit, though that was definitely a boarding call. AGree about throwing them both in the box. Some say it can't be a penalty and a dive, but I think that play proves that saying wrong. Was a boarding penalty, and then a dive. Give em both a penalty or neither.

Have no problem with Prust trying to get that call though, especially with the way our PP is going. And he made up for it when he ran his face into Enstroms stick! :laugh:

hogtownhabsfan*

No way do you ask him to "channel it down".

His intensity is rubbing off on the two Gallys.

Drive the net. Drive the net. How long have we been waiting for that.

Prust is an inspiration to the team and for the team. He is worth every penny of his contract and it is foolish to say otherwise (not you.....others have said this).

He should have had another goal tonight with the exception of catching a piece of the goalies' stick.

Best move by far of Bergevin's young tenure.

He's been a revelation so far. I liked the signing, but the guy is really playing a bunch of roles perfectly.

-Grinder
-Power Forward
-Pest
-Penalty Killer
-Enforcer
-Leader

How many guys do all those things as well he has been doing them???

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
He also had Galchenyuk flying down the middle just a couple of steps behind which could have worked as well

Agree about the slight embellishment after the hit, though that was definitely a boarding call. AGree about throwing them both in the box. Some say it can't be a penalty and a dive, but I think that play proves that saying wrong. Was a boarding penalty, and then a dive. Give em both a penalty or neither.

Have no problem with Prust trying to get that call though, especially with the way our PP is going. And he made up for it when he ran his face into Enstroms stick! :laugh:

You know it's funny you say that, because I'm usually one of those people. But I completely agree in this case. Both should probably have been called.

And yeah I thought how he went right back out and drew that high sticking penalty and then just skated away calmly was brilliant. Made up for it.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Just to make it clear, I didn't ask him to channel it down generally. All I said is in CERTAIN SITUATIONS (ex. Close game, under 5 minutes left) I'd like to see him be a bit more careful. That's what I intended to say, but looks like I miss phrased it

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
****ing awesome. fearless, grit and character. he has been HUGE for the 2 rookies. gives them space and security. perfect for that line. great signing

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
I love how soon after the Antropov incident at the boards, when Prust caught the high-stick soon after getting out of the box, he skated away and let the penalty just happen. I'm sure a lot of guys, after getting a sketchy unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, would've flipped their lid getting clipped. He's gotta be one of Therrien's favourite players right now.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Loving him so far. He brings an element of grit and intensity the team's been needing for years. White, Prust, Armstrong. None of them are huge guys but they're not afraid of anybody and can actually chip a goal here and there.

I've been impressed with White's offense. I know he could score in junior, but he's got good patience and vision with the puck. He's made some nice passes in the offensive zone. This could be one of the more productive 4th lines in the league this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad