Prussian_Blue's 2007 Mock Draft Selection Thread

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Minnesota's time has expired.

I have awarded the Wild GM duties to poster "Circular Theory," who has already made his announcement.

I have also asked him to please PM boocock (Pittsburgh), to let him know he is on the clock.

P_B

:bb:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Gary Bettman steps to the podium

Columbus fans: BOOOOO!!!!!

Bettman: Colorado trades their #48 pick to Nashville for the #54 pick and the #120 pick.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
By consensus...

With the 20th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Pittsburgh Penguins are pleased to select, from the US National Team Development Program, defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk.

:pens

Per PM from dany (Ottawa GM)...

With the 21st overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Ottawa Senators are pleased to select, from VIK Våsteräs of the Allsvenskan, center Mikael Backlund.

:sens

Phoenix (Soldat Samsonov) is on the clock, and has been PM'd.

I'll update everything in the morning; time for me to crash. 3:00 AM comes around pretty quickly.

P_B

Louis Houde

Jan 28, 2006
Trois-rivières
With the 22nd overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Phoenix Coyotes are pleased to select, from the Vancouver Giants of the Western Hockey League ,defence-man Jonathon Blum
:coyotes

Last edited:

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
With the 23rd overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Montreal Canadiens are pleased to select, from Halifax Mooseheads of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League ,centre Logan MacMillan

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Philadelphia Flyers select, from Westminster High School Tommy Cross from Westminster High School, he will be attending Boston College in the fall.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Apologies for missing my turn. I will try to prevent it from happening again. If someone wants to take over for me, that is fine too. Thanks for making the pick.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
With the 25th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the St. Louis Blues are pleased to select, from the Chilliwack Bruins of the Western Hockey League, forward Oscar Moller.

:blues

Vancouver (Greg Millen's Ego) is next, and has been PM'd.

Just a reminder, folks... PLEASE use the above format to post your selections. Thanks.

P_B

Last edited:

Bring Back Krajicek*

With the 26th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Vancouver Canucks are pleased to select, from The Oshawa Generals of the Ontario Hockey League, Left Wing Brett Maclean.

:nucks

prussian_blue has been pm'd

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I would be ok with it BUT my reservations:

A)We've had 6 picks since then and I suspect some drafters would prefer Shattenkirk, which means we pretty much have to redraft.

B)Everyone else should be able to keep their picks made since then.

Maybe a comprimise solution would be trading Shattenkirk's rights for a lower pick if you prefer and undrafted player?:dunno: Just about all the teams that have drafted since then have picks coming up in the next few.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
#1GuinFan said:
I'll take over the Penguins, don't mind the shattenkirk pick i guess, although any way i could change that?

I'd prefer to allow Boocock to remain as GM, since he posted here and expressed that he would try to avoid missing any other picks. If you and he want to work together on upcoming picks, however, I'm OK with that. And if he's willing to relinquish sole GM duties to you, I'm OK with that as well; just have him post to that effect here in the thread.

As for changing picks, I'm going to rule "no" on this one. It's taken long enough to get to this point, and I'm not really keen on the idea of suspending the current proceedings while five people are contacted, report back to the thread, and make new selections.

Sorry. We're only allowing pick-for-pick trades in this mock, but if the player you want is a player that was drafted between 21 and 27, and the GM wants to trade their pick for Shattenkirk, and the deal is OK with Boocock (as the original Penguins' GM), I'll allow you guys to do that.

And no, I don't want to trade Moller for Shattenkirk... ;)

Alternatively, I'll allow you to execute the Hasbro Compromise, whereby you trade Shattenkirk's rights for a lower pick, or picks... again, provided it's OK with Boocock. I'm not interested in trading any of my picks, though, so that's one GM you can scratch of the list of people to contact.

P_B

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
With the 27th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the St. Louis Blues are pleased to select, from the Swift Current Broncos of the Western Hockey League, defenseman Eric Doyle.

:blues

Edmonton (fong p88) is next, and has been PM'd.

P_B

fong p88

Jul 24, 2006
Saskatchewan
With the 28th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Edmonton Oilers are pleased to select, from the Sarnia Sting of the OHL, defenseman Mark Katic.

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
I'd prefer to allow Boocock to remain as GM, since he posted here and expressed that he would try to avoid missing any other picks. If you and he want to work together on upcoming picks, however, I'm OK with that. And if he's willing to relinquish sole GM duties to you, I'm OK with that as well; just have him post to that effect here in the thread.

alright, i'll send him a message.

And no, I don't want to trade Moller for Shattenkirk... ;)

damn! how'd you know!

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
fong p88 said:
With the 28th overall selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Edmonton Oilers are pleased to select, from the Sarnia Sting of the OHL, defenseman Mark Katic.

Good job using the correct format for the posting... :)

All: Please note that, if you wish to quote anyone else's announcement post for any reason, the above is an example of how you should do it, with all the extraneous formatting removed.

PLEASE remember to PM the next drafter in line after you have made your selection, and PLEASE remember to include the announcement "Team 'X' (drafter 'Y') is up, and has been PM'ed," so that I don't have to PM you and ask if you sent the message to the next guy in line.

Thanks,

P_B

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad