Proposal: Provorov to Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Something around DeBrusk and Carlo/extended Krug for Provorov and Laughton seems fair.

No offense Philly fans, but I think McAvoy is the better player. Kid was unbelievable in the playoffs.

Not to mention, should Provorov become available because of contract reasons, Philly won’t be getting a premium return... ala Trouba

Reactions: PeanutButter37

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Something around DeBrusk and Carlo/extended Krug for Provorov and Laughton seems fair.

No offense Philly fans, but I think McAvoy is the better player. Kid was unbelievable in the playoffs.

Not to mention, should Provorov become available because of contract reasons, Philly won’t be getting a premium return... ala Trouba
At the moment he is the better player, however, Debrusk isn’t a need seeing how deep we are at W, and our LHD is set.

Myers can mold into something better than Carlo, and Ghosts offensive game is similar to Krugs. This trade makes no sense for both teams since BOS has a hole in the right side and this doesn’t do anything for the flyers.

The contract stuff is like that for all the current RFAs though. Aho and CAR were 3 mil apart, Marner wants a kings ransom and Dubas has 3 mil at the moment. Laine, Point, Rantanen, Konency, Provorov, McAvoy, Marner, and others still haven’t signed. If they were close in terms of $... they would have. If we fall into a Nylander situation where we won’t give Provorov 8 (I think that’s what his camp is asking), we just wait it out.

EDIT: I’d still take Provorov over McAvoy, however, based off of last year- McAvoy.

Last edited:

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland

And how is McAvoy any different regarding contract status? Last time I checked he didn't have contract either. So I guess he won't get premium return either?

Rydan

Oct 23, 2018
LMAO. I really like Charlie, but playing 22 minutes a game with 46% defensive zone starts is not the same as playing 25 minutes a game with 57% defensive zone starts. McAvoy is pretty much sheltered while Provorov carries one of if not the heaviest load in the entire NHL.
Kevin Miller had 54% playing 39 games, Chara at 53.2%
Grzelcyk 50.2% only Boston players over 50% dzon starts guess everyone is sheltered :D

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
LMAO. I really like Charlie, but playing 22 minutes a game with 46% defensive zone starts is not the same as playing 25 minutes a game with 57% defensive zone starts. McAvoy is pretty much sheltered while Provorov carries one of if not the heaviest load in the entire NHL.

You have to add a few parameters if you're gonna determine McAvoy as sheltered. How do their QoC differ?

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Kevin Miller had 54% playing 39 games, Chara at 53.2%
Grzelcyk 50.2% only Boston players over 50% dzon starts guess everyone is sheltered :D
Not sure what you're trying to say. These numbers show that Chara and Miller had the most defensive workload which only supports my point.
Even more demonstrative stats:
McAvoy with Chara 50% DZS
McAvoy without Chara 39% DZS
Chara without McAvoy 55% DZS

Rydan

Oct 23, 2018
Not sure what you're trying to say. These numbers show that Chara and Miller had the most defensive workload which only supports my point.
ofc Chara is a beast like provo is. is the defensive workload also harder then the other ones?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Not talking about whether the initial deal is fair or makes sense (no to both) but:

When comparing zone starts of players it helps to put it in some kind of context.
As a team, BOS was 6th in Corsi F % 53.1
As a team, PHI was 21st in Corsi F% 48.4

This would lead to BOS having more offensive zone starts than defensive zone starts. In addition, just looking at zone starts and saying someone is "sheltered" is kind of silly.
Patrice Bergeron was 58.8% offensive zone starts. Do you think he is sheltered in any way?''

And zone starts is just one thing to look at, and to think that is is the best way to compare 2 players is a little odd. Here's another way to compare 2 players:
upload_2019-7-18_5-57-25.png

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Here's another way to compare 2 players:

We all know McAvoy are playing on a much better team. Flyers where really bad espescially the first half of the season. Its quite pointless to compare two players who are used so differently and when the quality of the teams they play on have a lot of difference.

What sounds like the easier job: An offensive defemceman for one of the best team in the NHL or defensive defenceman for one of the worst teams in the NHL.

One player is set up a lot better to succeed. I agree Provorov wasnt as good as his 2017/2018 season. I think Provorov's 17/18 was better than McAvoy's second season in 18/19. McAvoy will probably have the better third season in the NHL. Still gong forward it will probably be close.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The contract stuff is like that for all the current RFAs though. Aho and CAR were 3 mil apart, Marner wants a kings ransom and Dubas has 3 mil at the moment. Laine, Point, Rantanen, Konency, Provorov, McAvoy, Marner, and others still haven’t signed. If they were close in terms of $... they would have. If we fall into a Nylander situation where we won’t give Provorov 8 (I think that’s what his camp is asking), we just wait it out.

Just to clarify, the $3m apart isn’t accurate as it was using an offer the Canes made before last season. The last credible report was that Canes were at $7.5m @ 8 years and Aho’s camp was at $9.5m @5 years. That’s just negotiating strategy though, as clearly Aho was ok with $8.5M since that’s what he accepted and I’m sure the Canes were willing to meet in the middle as well.

By all reports, The real sticking point was the term, and Aho used the offer sheet as leverage to get what he wanted.

I agree with everything else though. It’s the same way with all the RFAs and would still be with Aho had he not short circuited the process to get it done and not have it drag on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad