Proposal: Provorov to Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Provorov isn’t even near McAvoy in terms of quality. Provorov is getting caved in as a #1. He’s currently probably a 2nd pair with room to improv to top pair given his age and raw talent.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Oh hey, it's the old Anaheim defenseman trade thread meme.

"We want Fowler Provorov for peanuts."

"Fowler's Provorov's worth more than peanuts."

"No he's not, Fowler Provorov is probably the worst defenseman in the league... we still want him though."

Last edited:
Reactions: flyers4life88

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
Something around DeBrusk and Carlo/extended Krug for Provorov and Laughton seems fair.

No offense Philly fans, but I think McAvoy is the better player. Kid was unbelievable in the playoffs.

Not to mention, should Provorov become available because of contract reasons, Philly won’t be getting a premium return... ala Trouba

1) It's not

2) That doesn't follow logically

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
No disrespect to philly fans but I wouldn't give up vaakanainen Straight up for provorov.

I truly believe in two/three years time that Vaakanainen will be a better shut down d with more offence then 26pts and a minus rating to show for then what Provorov did last year. Urho V is are next Z.

I am so glad you are not a fan of the same team I am.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
To Boston :

Ivan Provorov
Scottie Laughton

To Philadelphia:

Charlie Coyle
Torey Krug
Urho Vaakanainen
2020 1st

honestly im ok if philly fans are going to mock this offer... that said as a bruin fan I dont like it at all

I much rather have coyle than laughton although cap could end up being a difficult pill to swallow

leaving me a choice of provorov or vaakanainen/krug/first... I think cap hit is going to be a wash over the next 3 years... do I think provorov is that much better than krug and vaakanaine for the next 3 years? is the difference really a first round pick?

for me its not a deal I like from boston perspective.

not saying philly fans are wrong to want to hold onto their building block franchise dman.

as for the knee-jerk reaction that boston needs to start their offer with McAvoy thats rather stupid. a provolov for McAvoy trade might be fair if the 2 kids wanted a change of scenery but otherwise its just stupid to deal them for each other. certainly theres no chance in hell boston fans would support adding anything to the exchange.

instead of making stupid inflammatory kneejerk replies why not just say you are not interested in an op proposal? I see this mentality in at least 50% of all trade threads here and its never anything that is worth reading {or was worth posting either}

and remember people... when REAL TRADES HAPPEN most of you say TEAM A WAS ROBBED and team b didnt know what the hell they were doing

so... trying to judge value of any fantasy proposal isnt really your strong suit. Its ok to say I dont like a proposal but speaking for your team and saying my team would never ever do that... is just dumb

we really dont know what our teams will do.

my own bruin fans would say... seguin would never be traded for that... joe thornton would never be traded for that... and yet they were. if you are someone that keeps being surprised by your team's moves... then you shouldnt keep thinking you are somehow qualified to judge what they might do next.

personally I rarely get caught by surprise by my bruins... I dont really predict who we go after specifically, but I do a damn good job predicting which holes will be addressed. Im quite good at predicting which player is likely to be dealt away in the near future {although ive been wrong about krejci and krug for years now}

I will say that its very unlikely we will be dealing hometown boy Charlie coyle when we want to be a cup contender this year. next year his cap hit might force us to let him walk

and I will say that the team is not too likely to want to let krug walk either after the huge steps in improvement he made last season both on ice and in leadership role.

if the team can figure out a way to afford these guys expect both to be bruins for the next 4-5 years

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
And trading Provorov for a bunch of lesser pieces makes sense though? Lol

LOL is right. I'm guessing you got all worked up and didn't really get what he was saying. I think he was saying something like; would you trade McAvoy for that package? If not then Provorov is worth more too.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Provorov isn’t even near McAvoy in terms of quality. Provorov is getting caved in as a #1. He’s currently probably a 2nd pair with room to improv to top pair given his age and raw talent.

Come on, he had a bad year. Growth isn’t linear. He was excellent the year before.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
LMAO. I really like Charlie, but playing 22 minutes a game with 46% defensive zone starts is not the same as playing 25 minutes a game with 57% defensive zone starts. McAvoy is pretty much sheltered while Provorov carries one of if not the heaviest load in the entire NHL.
playing tougher minutes isn't the same as being better. McAvoy is pretty clearly ahead at this point, although things could still change

Reactions: TS Quint

Lo97

May 10, 2019
No disrespect to philly fans but I wouldn't give up vaakanainen Straight up for provorov.

I truly believe in two/three years time that Vaakanainen will be a better shut down d with more offence then 26pts and a minus rating to show for then what Provorov did last year. Urho V is are next Z.
I'm a Bruins fan but you're insane to think Vaakanainen will be better than Provorov.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

My 2 cents is defensemen under 24 generally are over rated for what they might be in the future to what they actually are now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->