Prospects Tournament(s) Thread

OnlyTheBrave*

Lol, Canucks got spanked...ouch. 7-1, damn. I watched it until it got to 4-1 when it was laughable at which team was the superior one for prospects at the moment between the two teams. It was like watching a rec league team vs a team that actually has a bunch of solid prospects.

Oilers have a damn bright future.

AntonRodin*

Lol, Canucks got spanked...ouch. 7-1, damn. I watched it until it got to 4-1 when it was laughable at which team was the superior one for prospects at the moment between the two teams. It was like watching a rec league team vs a team that actually has a bunch of solid prospects.

Geez. Get the score right. 7-2

inb4 7onzik

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

7-2 =)

Aug 21, 2011
nucks prospects looked hella rusty

oilers are bound to have good prospects after finishing at the bottom of the league 2 seasons straight lol

Manny*

Nugent-Hopkins was very, very good when I was watching. His puck skills are on a different level.

TOML

Oct 4, 2006
Walnut Grove
Oilers blow out Canucks

Sharks blow out Flames

It seems that the Sharks have good prospects no matter what.

Bettman conspiracy?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
You guys were impressed by RNH's performance tonight? He had a couple nice passes but was pretty mediocre otherwise. He was not handling the puck nearly enough and didn't look anything like a #1 pick should have playing in a game involving so many weaker players. I thought Martindale and Lander both outshined him down the middle.

I do agree though that his vision is outstanding. That one pass where he slid it through the defenders legs onto the tape of his teammate in the slot was fantastic. Also his stick work is superb. He makes life hell for opposing defenders trying to move the puck up ice.

Still I think he looked nothing like a 1st overall pick should have. I was expecting dominance and he delivered none of it.

Towmater14

Sep 17, 2005
OIL COUNTRY
You guys were impressed by RNH's performance tonight? He had a couple nice passes but was pretty mediocre otherwise. He was not handling the puck nearly enough and didn't look anything like a #1 pick should have playing in a game involving so many weaker players. I thought Martindale and Lander both outshined him down the middle.

I do agree though that his vision is outstanding. That one pass where he slid it through the defenders legs onto the tape of his teammate in the slot was fantastic. Also his stick work is superb. He makes life hell for opposing defenders trying to move the puck up ice.

Still I think he looked nothing like a 1st overall pick should have. I was expecting dominance and he delivered none of it.

You mean like Hall dominated last year? How often have you seen RNH play?

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
You're overrating Lehner quite a bit if u think that he has potential to be a top 5 goalie. Don't get me wrong, I definitely see him being a legit # 1 goaltender for Sens in the future, but he doesn't have the potential or what it takes to be top 10 goalie in the league, let alone top 5.

I can tell you that Lehner will be as good as Carey Price, both goaltender won the Calder cup and were name playoffs MVP in their first season in the AHL. They have the same style and the same physique (Price is 6-03 and 220, Lehner is 6-04 and 225) and both are very cool under pressure.

Delta Cubes

Jan 2, 2010

His game doesn't revolve around flash. It's not as exciting as past 1st overalls like Hall, Stamkos and Tavares. He plays a much more cerebral game. I thought he had a great game tonight in all 3 zones. Made some outstanding passes, and also made a lot of key defensive plays. You'll never really notice him until he makes some crazy no look pass, but that doesn't mean he's not playing well. Subtlety is the key to his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad