May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Joseph and Imama be like

happy-seals.jpg

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
What's the realistic ceiling for Boko?

Physically he could be dominant. He has a decent shot ... I seen a lot of the highlights for the sea dogs and he isn't just collecting rebounds 'cause nobody can move him in front of the net. He is generally sniping. His speed and skating will keep him from being a top 9 forward.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Who else but Cirelli to score the OT winning goal and Taylor Raddysh to drop a hat trick? What a great group of prospects we have. Erie is the OHL champion.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
3 stars of the game didn't even include the guy who scored a hat trick in regulation OR the guy who scored the OT championship winning goal.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Warren Foegele got the MVP. He had a great playoffs, but Cirelli had more goals, more points, AND SCORED THE CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING GOAL IN OT.

He's got a better name and probably better flow. When I hear Warren Foegele I picture some sweet curly red lettuce flowing. Anthony Cirelli sounds like he's got a blowout which is never a good choice no matter how Italian your name sounds.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
He's got a better name and probably better flow. When I hear Warren Foegele I picture some sweet curly red lettuce flowing. Anthony Cirelli sounds like he's got a blowout which is never a good choice no matter how Italian your name sounds.

Warren Foegele reminds me of McLovin.

itsahemi

Nov 21, 2013
3 stars of the game didn't even include the guy who scored a hat trick in regulation OR the guy who scored the OT championship winning goal.

You probably realize this but for those who may not, the 3 stars, Foegel, D. Raddysh and Pettit are the three over-agers. Great way to cap off their last OHL game at home.

Warren Foegel is fun to watch. He is all over the ice, plays all out every shift, is great on the PK and his motor never stops. He would probably put up a lot more points if he were on the top PP line.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
You probably realize this but for those who may not, the 3 stars, Foegel, D. Raddysh and Pettit are the three over-agers. Great way to cap off their last OHL game at home.

Warren Foegel is fun to watch. He is all over the ice, plays all out every shift, is great on the PK and his motor never stops. He would probably put up a lot more points if he were on the top PP line.

Oh ok, that makes sense. Guess that's also why Foegele got MVP even though he was outproduced by several players on his team?

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Oh ok, that makes sense. Guess that's also why Foegele got MVP even though he was outproduced by several players on his team?

foegele had the game 7 winner vs london in round 2. he had a shorthanded goal in round 3, game 4 midway through the 3rd that put erie up 4-3 and they won by that score. erie needed that game down 2-1 in series. foegele breakaway goal in game 2 vs missy with 2 mins left in the 3rd that put erie up 2-1. erie got EN goal but missy scored with 20 seconds left to make it 3-2 final. still foegele was essential winner

cirelli was great no doubt. but i would argue a "game 7" OT winner even strength goal is bigger. erie wasnt going to lose series tonight if they didnt win/cirelli didnt score as they were up 3-1. foegele arguably has 3 of the top 5 goals of the postseason run. and all were individual effort/speed/skill. cap it off with a guy that was out best PK guy, was able to and was moved at times to lines 1, 2, or 3. so versatile. ALL OVER THE ICE effort and tenacity. even when he wasnt scoring, he was getting 2-3 chances a night. creating his own chances out of nothing. i will also add this
not including pp numbers--
cirelli 22gp 8g 13a 21pts
foegele 22gp 12g 12a 24pts

you are right from above that cirelli benefits from 1st unit pp. if you watched all the games in playoffs you would have voted for foegele. i know erie fans would have been upset if it wasnt him.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Simply an outstanding performance by our guys last night. I love it when prospects have championship pedigree. Years ago I didn't used to care it because often times you get these stacked junior squads that go on autopilot and roll through the playoffs. In essence it can make the junior experience essentially worthless for some players. But when your prospects are the guys who were driving the bus the entire time it's a great thing that they were exposed to as much pressure as their level of competition would allow and a hard series like the one Erie encountered with London is great practice for the real thing in the NHL. I'm excited to see what the transition to Syracuse is going to be like as time goes by.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's hard to pick one player but I have to say I've been the most impressed by Cirelli. His poise in important situations where the game is on the line is absolutely incredible. And it's not just some games its every game. 4 minutes to go, down a goal isn't an ideal situation for anyone. Hell I'd even argue it's dangerous. But Cirelli comes off the bench, channels his inner Walter White and says "No... I am the danger" and then a few minutes later he's going back to the bench with a tie game that he is somehow responsible for. Now keep in mind I am acutely aware that there is nothing special about an over-aged junior player thriving in pressure situations but what's special about Cirelli is the way he craves the pressure and performs better in those situations as a C+/B- prospect than the A prospects his own age. He has really come along and I think he's going to have a fantastic transition to Syracuse. If this kid can make it to the NHL level he's gonna be a playoff warrior.

Kid might be raw like a steak but it's a 3rd line New York Strip

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
The Memorial Cup games begin the 19th with Saint John vs the host Windsor. The games are being broadcast on Sportsnet and TVA Sports, but it looks like NHL network will have them too, just not always live. Erie starts on the 20th at 3 pm, but nhl network won't be showing it until later at 7.

Memorial Cup Schedule

NHL Network Schedule

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

segment one talks ahl calder cup playoffs with a focus on grand rapids griffins tyler bertuzzi and evgeni svechnikov. Paul also mentions san jose sharks prospect and ahl playoff leading scorer ryan carpenter, and washington capitals top prospect jakub vrana

peter was at another ahl playoff game and shares some thoughts on the syracuse crunch and tampa bay lightning prospects adam erne, matthew peca, slater koekkoek, and dominik masin.
segment two has more tampa bay lightning prospects playing in the world championship and the memorial cup. Paul hits on wc players brayden point (can), nikita gusev (rus) and tanner richard (sui). Peter shares some thoughts on memorial cup prospects; taylor raddysh, anthony cirelli, and erik cernak (erie), mathieu joseph and boko imama (st. Johns)
segment three peter talks to sportsnet host jeff marek about the chl final showdown; the memorial cup, some of the top prospects and fantasy must own players and his favourite memories from previous tournaments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad