Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Previous Thread - http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=110621031#post110621031

Last 5 posts:

Yeah hard to feel like Imama really did the wrong thing. That was trash. The league should act with the interests of Veleno in mind.

I am alright with what he did, but to spit out towards the goalie was unnessecary.

Anyways, as it seems to get to watch some Saint John games, how have the other two been looking so far? What do you think Joseph can develop into? I don't belief Imama will be more than a AHL monster for us..

That same official was holding Bent in a way that he could punch Veleno while Veleno was being properly restrained.

When Saint John drafted Veleno, Boko made the promise that Joe was going to be his little brother. This is what happens when you mess with little brother.

Don't like that he threw about 10 punches over linesman's shoulders though, coming dangerously close to (or maybe even actually) hitting them a few times. I get that he wanted to protect his teammate. But you can't just go bat**** crazy and ignore the officials.

It was reported that Imama jumped the bench and spit on the goalie on his way out. Protecting your teammate is allowed but those two things I can't see the league letting that go and setting a bad precedent.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Would a junior team sit a player to rest him for the WJC? I'm not sure how development-oriented they are vs. team-first mentality.

Depends on the team. A lot of teams figure that not only is the potential injury not worth it, but the player won't be able to concentrate and could actually be a distraction on the ice.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
To answer the previous question about Imama and Joseph...

Imama is what he is. He's a physical player who likes to fight (though he obviously abides by the code) and has a bomb of a shot. His calling will be as an energy player but it's always difficult to say where a pugilist that can play will top out.

Joseph is a high motor guy. He came into last year as a guy that was going to be on a 4th line, and now he's our leading scorer. The big thing about him is that he's fast enough and physical enough and defensively responsible enough that he could play bottom 6. He went from starting the year as a guy who looked like an average top 6 guy at this level who's good defensively to playing his way onto the Super Series roster to being arguably the Q's best player there.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
To answer the previous question about Imama and Joseph...

Imama is what he is. He's a physical player who likes to fight (though he obviously abides by the code) and has a bomb of a shot. His calling will be as an energy player but it's always difficult to say where a pugilist that can play will top out.

Joseph is a high motor guy. He came into last year as a guy that was going to be on a 4th line, and now he's our leading scorer. The big thing about him is that he's fast enough and physical enough and defensively responsible enough that he could play bottom 6. He went from starting the year as a guy who looked like an average top 6 guy at this level who's good defensively to playing his way onto the Super Series roster to being arguably the Q's best player there.

Jospeh sounds a healthy bit like Paquette! Would be awesome to have two of them. :yo:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Imama good lord. I was lost when we drafted him and I still am. I wasn't shocked to see this video. He took it too far coming off the bench and especially spitting

I don't even mind coming off the bench. But when the linesmen jump in, you can't be throwing reckless punches over their shoulders. He accidentally clips one of them, and that's probably his junior career. And the spitting, yeah.

I applaud defending a teammate and all that, but he made it ugly. It was way too much.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
He was drafted because we have been picking a bunch of talented but small players for the last few drafts. Reading reports, the kid can skate and has a decent shot. No one can question his toughness or willingness to stand up for a teammate. Even if he ends up a high energy deterrent at the AHL level ready for call ups as needed, he provides an angle this organization does not currently have. If there is no home for him in Tampa Bay, the kid will rule the roost here in Syracuse.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Gourde called up. Anyone think he could be an nhler ? How is he in the all?

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
"Hot" rumor out of the Oncenter is that both Zettler and Cull have been fitted for full gear and are an option as player/coaches to ensure the Crunch have enough players to meet the AHL minimum for games this week. Unknown which regular defensemen will be moving to forward as Cull and Zettler both played the point during their previous playing days.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/point-brayden-points-return-injury-adds-depth-canadas-205740207--nhl.html
Point has continued to develop as a dynamic, play-making centre and is fifth in the WHL's points race with 18 goals and 25 assists. He led the league in points after 19 games, but dropped after injuring his shoulder in Moose Jaw's 4-1 loss to the Prince Albert Raiders on Nov. 17.

He hasn't played since then but practised at Canada's selection camp in Toronto before heading to Imatra, Finland, on Monday night for more training and pre-competition exhibition games.

"Pointer's been fantastic for us," said defenceman Joe Hicketts, who also returns from Canada's championship team and regularly has to play against Point with the Victoria Royals. "He's probably one of the best players in our league, if not the best.

"He's got vision, he's got skill, he's got speed and I think he brings all the elements you look for on the big international ice."
Point looked to be 100 per cent while practising with Canada last week but did not play in its two exhibition games on Saturday and Sunday against an all-star team of university players from across Canada.
"He's a great player," said Hawryluk. "He's easy to play with. Find some open ice and he'll find you. I think everyone knows that."

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Looks like Stpehens will be on the WJC team for Canada if I'm reading all of the signs correctly.

Victhor Ollesson

Dec 30, 2014
Florida
"Hot" rumor out of the Oncenter is that both Zettler and Cull have been fitted for full gear and are an option as player/coaches to ensure the Crunch have enough players to meet the AHL minimum for games this week. Unknown which regular defensemen will be moving to forward as Cull and Zettler both played the point during their previous playing days.

Maybe we will send Carle down to "help" them? :laugh:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Anyone else getting excited about the WJC? I'm not really a die-hard or anything, but when we have a prospect in a big spotlight I tend to find myself anticipating the tournament a lot. Looking forward to seeing Point on the big stage, with a bigger role.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
4-0 WIN over the Sens tonight. Vasi with the goose egg. Lots of fights. Need to check the docs office in the morning as there may be a couple of visitors. One of the best efforts of the year as a TEAM.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'd like to keep the goalies as are right now. Let Vasy string some games together, let Kristers get some more NHL experience. Kristers seems to be more ready for the backup role as of now (playing sporadically as opposed to every other night), and, if he has any future with his team, that's probably it anyway.

And Vasy's such a gamer that I don't see it hurting his confidence to play in the A. There's a noticeable regression in his play when he's spending too much time on the bench. Remember the performances he put on when we first brought him up last year? I hope we can get him at least two games a week.

Poor Adam Wilcox though.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Dotchin might have a bad hand injury. At around 2:47 of that vid he punches the glass HARD.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
I'd like to keep the goalies as are right now. Let Vasy string some games together, let Kristers get some more NHL experience. Kristers seems to be more ready for the backup role as of now (playing sporadically as opposed to every other night), and, if he has any future with his team, that's probably it anyway.

I agree, as long as Kristers gets some games somewhere. I probably would have given him the Toronto game this week and left Vasy in Syracuse, but that's me. It doesn't do him any good to sit for weeks on end either. If the eventuality is we have to move either Wilcox or Gudlevskis in a trade, we need them to have some games to show.

Crunch just lost 3-0 to baby Pens, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->