Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/inde...15ac862e651daa70cf24bb40268#incart_river_home
DeAngelo has 30 shots in eight games, the most of any defenseman in the AHL and third-most among rookies of any position.

But what's important is that he's turning those chances into production. He paces all blueliners with two game-winning goals and is tied for fifth in points among defensemen with seven points (3-4).

"It's important to produce. Not even points all the time. But just creating,'' he said. "I think, if you're out there creating a lot of stuff good stuff will happen. Game-in and game-out I think you need to create plays, make offense and be good defensively and just be consistent.

"My shot's not going to always overpower goalies or go right through them. I try to get the puck on the net. I think I've done a good job with that so far. When I'm shooting, it's making sure it's on the net. So if I take five, six shots in a game, you've got to make sure four, at least, are on the net, If not all of them.''
Crunch coach Rob Zettler said he doesn't mind DeAngelo's aggressiveness, especially since he's getting better at keeping his defensive responsibilities in mind.

"He's created some offensive opportunities for us. What I like, he's starting to figure out, and every defenseman needs to understand this part, I want you part of the offense. Be part of the offense, get involved in it. But then you get out (of the offensive zone). Because you're also a defenseman. And we need you to play defense. So you're part of the offense, you're part of the rush, and then you look to get out and reset the offense again by playing your position.

"He still needs to learn that even more. We saw earlier on this season where he was part of the offense but then stayed down there, and stayed down there. He ended up chasing pucks all the way down to our end instead of keeping everything in front of him. That's a tough lesson to learn because he's an offensive-minded person and wants to go get it, go get the puck. But there's other guys to do that job.''
"I think sometimes I like to stay in there. But when coach shows the video you see that you've got to get in and out of there,'' DeAngelo said. "So I think I've been just trying to take my chances, and then I've got good speed to get back so I'm just trying to use my speed to get back quick.''

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://canadarussia.chl.ca/article/whl-opens-series-with-7-3-victory/167005
Kamloops Blazers forward Collin Shirley had a goal and three assists while team captain Brayden Point of the Moose Jaw Warriors had a goal and two helpers in Team WHL's 7-3 victory in Game 1 of the CHL Canada Russia Series in Kelowna on Monday.
"Anytime you can play with good players like that, things are going to work," said Point after the win. "I thought we did a real good job of stripping pucks and creating turnovers down low. Our forecheck was effective."

It took Point and company just 2:16 to get Team WHL on the scoresheet as Shirley assisted on defenceman Kale Clague's (Brandon Wheat Kings) opening goal.
"You have to think they'll come out tomorrow night the way they played us in the third after seeing some video," Point noted. "We'll have to come out with another strong start like we did tonight."

http://canadarussia.chl.ca/

Game 2 of the Canada (Team WHL) Russia Series is tonight at 10:00pm on Sportsnet & TVA Sports

http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/inde...er.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
The Syracuse Crunch has assigned defenseman Daniel Walcott to Greenville of the ECHL while bringing in blueliner Charlie Dodero from that same team.

The move will allow Walcott, a rookie, to get some steady playing time. He had appeared in only two games for the Crunch.

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Bob McKenzie: Position battles in full swing for Canadian World Junior squad
Assuming neither Fabbri nor McCann are made available, Moose Jaw Warrior and national junior team returnee Brayden Point can be penciled in as a potential No. 1 centre. The Tampa Bay third round-pick is smallish and not blessed with tremendous speed but he has an incredible knack to be the best player on the ice in almost any game he plays. His vision and skill are elite even if his size and speed are not.
Bob also mentions Mitchell Stephens as a player who could battle for a RW spot, although it's unknown when he'll return from injury. As of last week, he still has a boot on.

Team OHL and Matthew Spencer play tonight. Anthony Cirelli and DiGiacinto will play in Team OHL's 2nd game on the 16th.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Got tickets to see Point on the 21st against the Chiefs. Really looking forward to seeing him :)

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Ryan Zuhlsdorf signs his National Letter of Intent and will be with the University of Minnesota next season

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Vermin looks really good in those two highlight vids of the weekend. He goes to the net and has success with it. Kind of a surprising tactic isn't it?

I'll slow down the Kristers hype train, so some of you can jump back on.

:laugh:

Somebody give her a cookie for that name please!

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://canadarussia.chl.ca/video/index/id/2f266f67aad491a5964844121f114ce8

Ryan Jankowski, Hockey Canada's Director of Player Personnel, on Joe Hicketts and Brayden Point after the 2 Team WHL games of the series -

"They bring so much. Both are similar stories, they've always had to work for everything they've got. They're a little undersized, they weren't high profile guys for the NHL draft but overall these two guys they're great leaders. They lead by example on the ice and you can see both last night and tonight their presence in the game and when things got a little bit tight in either game both those guys could be relied on to settle eveyone down. ... That's the beauty of both those guys. Not only are they great players, they're great people, and they're great leaders, and that showed in these two games."

Mathieu Joseph and Team QMJHL finish up the Canada-Russia Series tomorrow night. Ex-Lightning assistant coach Martin Raymond and ex-bolt Darren Rumble will both be behind the QMJHL bench.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Joseph was originally left off the Q roster when the team was named a month ago. They later added him as an injury replacement. Tonight Joseph scored 2 goals and helped Team QMJHL to a 6-4 win to finish the Canada-Russia series. He was named the Canadian player of the game.

http://canadarussia.chl.ca/article/qmjhl-wraps-up-series-with-6-4-win/167111

http://canadarussia.chl.ca/video/index/id/b53af2b4ae086e88ab6c3d4325374008
"They're a pretty good team and they're moving the puck well and they have a lot of skill. (They have) Guys who are playing together a lot, it's been about 5 times, tonight was the 6th game, so yeah it was a really good game. Both games were pretty good and it was a tight game."
"We wanted to play as hard as we can like Team Canada is playing and I think we did a pretty good job out of it. We put some pucks deep, we tried to not make too many turnovers, and I think it worked pretty well in the 3rd period."
"Obviously it's nice to play a 200 foot game and be able to help offensively as much as I can help defensively."

JosephM2.jpg

Last edited:

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Random Sabres fan coming in peace. I was wondering how Dylan Blujus is doing, went to high school with him for a couple years before he got into junior hockey.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
He is coming along fine. Plays a nice game staying within his responsibilities. If he keeps on track, should be on the Bolts blueline within 3 years. I like him.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
He is coming along fine. Plays a nice game staying within his responsibilities. If he keeps on track, should be on the Bolts blueline within 3 years. I like him.

Might you give a quick report about the other guys of interest for us Bolts fans? So basically all the guys that have a shot at wearing a Lightning some day. Especially Koekkoek as his numbers are rather underwhelming

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Koekkoek plays very well when paired with Witko. They feed off each other and are the top pairing when they are both avail. The chemistry the two of them have is GREAT. I can see both of them playing for the Bolts sooner rather than later. If the organization is smart, they stay together as a pair this season and grow into the reliable pairing that the organziation can count on.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Koekkoek plays very well when paired with Witko. They feed off each other and are the top pairing when they are both avail. The chemistry the two of them have is GREAT. I can see both of them playing for the Bolts sooner rather than later. If the organization is smart, they stay together as a pair this season and grow into the reliable pairing that the organziation can count on.

Witkowski is terrible at the NHL level. Koekkoek needs to get some chemistry with Blujus or DeAngelo who have more NHL potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad