Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Vasilevskiy with second straight shutout. Syracuse brake their opponents 11 game winning streak...late empty netter goal. Syracuse wins 2 to 0.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Vasilevskiy with second straight shutout. Syracuse brake their opponents 11 game winning streak...late empty netter goal. Syracuse wins 2 to 0.

That is the answer to the question "How many games will it take Andrei Vasilevskiy to figure out the NA style game?"

Shutouts in games 12 & 13

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

tumblr_mli484ivZZ1ryio6wo1_500.gif

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
https://twitter.com/syrhockey
Give or take, Vasilevskiy's shutout streak stands at 143 minutes, 16 seconds.
http://syracusecrunch.com/news/2014/12/10/Crunch_1210140346.aspx
The Crunch (14-7-3-0) ended the Springfield Falcons (17-8-1-0) 11-game winning streak, and extended their own to four behind the netminding of Andrei Vasilevskiy, who recorded his second consecutive shutout Wednesday at MassMutual Center, a 2-0 Crunch win.

https://twitter.com/Jerome_Berube
Cam Darcy is now a member of the Sherbrooke Phoenix cc @BoltProspects

Darcy traded.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/inde...r?hootPostID=83007a9c6a00fcdfe30f380dc5c0d577
Zettler said he hasn't decided who will get the nod when Hershey visits Friday. But both he and Tampa Bay assistant general manager Julien BriseBois insist both goalies will remain in heavy rotation.

"They're still battling. I'm not going to say one is over the other,'' Zettler said.

"Eventually someone takes the lead. But that's usually later in the season,'' BriseBois said of goalie battles. "I think we have two really good young goalies, both of whom are prospects we are excited to have in the organization. I know they are going to both play over the next month because we have so many games.''
Meanwhile, Tampa Bay still owns the rights to perhaps college hockey's best goalie, and a player who could be tapping on Vasilevskiy's shoulder in the near future.

Minnesota junior Adam Wilcox, a sixth-rounder in 2011, is 9-4-1 with a 2.13 goals-against average and a .926 save percentage. BriseBois said he'll stop in to watch Wilcox play in person in February.

BriseBois said if Wilcox decides to go pro after this season, the Lightning will have a window during which it can sign him. If Wilcox returns for his senior season, Tampa Bay will retain his rights through a specific period of time following that year. If Wilcox decides he has a clearer path in another organization, he can wait out that time frame and become a free agent.

BriseBois said as far as he knows, Wilcox is focusing on this season's NCAA Tournament and will evaluate his situation once that is over.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
NHL Network is carrying the Sarnia Sting's game tonight. Good chance to evaluate TBL 1st Rd pick Anthony DeAngelo. I'll be flipping back and forth with the Syracuse game tonight.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Somebody asked the question about who Nesterov played with last year. I went over my lineup notes from last year. Mostly see him with Taormina and Korobov. Which is weird now that I think about it...all three shoot left.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Point made it to Canada's Selection Camp practice today. He missed the first practice yesterday due to weather delays. He worked on a line with Jason Dickinson and Michael Dal Colle

https://twitter.com/HC_Men
This morning's Canada's National Junior Team @SportChek Selection Camp practice lineups #WJC2015
B4qlQt1CEAI_Dvd.jpg:large

& also you have the option to watch Brendan O'Donnell instead of DeAngelo tonight if you have TSN2

https://twitter.com/SchlossmanGF
Tonight's UND-Denver game has been picked up by TSN2 in Canada, for you Canadian fans.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
PP Goal by Syracuse with 5 minutes left. Blujus shot from the point, I think. Possible tip or redirect.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Just finished watching Sarnia play. It's too bad Chychrun and Zacha weren't in the lineup. I would have loved to see those guys. For DeAngelo it was a mixed showing, but here's what I saw.

All of his offensive talents he has were on display. He made good passes and he was calm handing the puck. He showed off his high hockey IQ and smarts by making some smart plays with the puck. He does a good job working the points and looks like a natural PP QB. His mobility and skating ability were terrific. On the rush he loves to skate up with the forwards to create odd man rushes and he gets back when it's going the other way with ease. In one shift he went coast to coast without anyone touching him.

He tries to engage physically along the boards, but there's not a lot of strength behind his hits. He needs to bulk up, but he's still young. Defending the rush, he just uses his reach and tries to poke check.

The last of the good stuff is he played a ton tonight. Sarnia was missing a few of their better regulars and were out shot 39-23. When Sarnia went on the pk, DeAngelo played the whole 2 minutes. When they went on the pp, he played the whole 2 minutes for that too. He definitely played more than 30 minutes. He didn't look the slightest bit tired either.

Now some of the bad. First his defense isn't that great. When he's in front of his net he literally stands there and watches the play. This kinda of lead to the only Kitchener goal. His D-zone play isn't awful, but it needs work. I think everyone knows this already though, and like a lot of other offensive minded Dmen, their defense isn't spectacular. In that sense he is like a Dan Boyle type. It's not really a problem for me though. Like a Boyle, the way I envision him in the NHL is also a guy who will make a good defense having to play good offense. With his skating and puck skills he looks like a great fit for a Cooper puck possession style. The only real stinker about his game was of course his emotions. DeAngelo has shown really no improvement here. In the 1st period, a Ranger player finishes his check on DeAngelo in the corner. It's not a big hit or a hard one. It's nothing at all, and DeAngelo some how gets upset and slashes him. Not a vicious slash, but enough for a penalty to be called. In the 2nd period, he makes a beautiful highlight like play deking into the offensive zone, moving through a group of 3-4 Ranger players, and even gets a shot on goal. He thinks there should be a trip on the play and when he doesn't get the call he loses his cool (in a very Subban like way) and starts mouthing off in anger. Players on the other team obviously know he's emotional and it's way too easy to get under his skin. Later on after on another nothing play where he gets a little shove after an offsides, he gets upset and has to be separated by a ref. He starts yapping about it a little later to a Ranger player too, because he can't let it go. And in the 3rd, while he's on the pk in a 2-1 game he takes a dumb boarding penalty to put his team on a 5-on-3 kill. So he still has a long way to go with all of that..

Unfortunately it was what you might have expected to see. The good, and also the bad. His abilities show and he is goooood, but he also is just plain stupid at times.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Just finished watching Sarnia play. It's too bad Chychrun and Zacha weren't in the lineup. I would have loved to see those guys. For DeAngelo it was a mixed showing, but here's what I saw.

All of his offensive talents he has were on display. He made good passes and he was calm handing the puck. He showed off his high hockey IQ and smarts by making some smart plays with the puck. He does a good job working the points and looks like a natural PP QB. His mobility and skating ability were terrific. On the rush he loves to skate up with the forwards to create odd man rushes and he gets back when it's going the other way with ease. In one shift he went coast to coast without anyone touching him.

He tries to engage physically along the boards, but there's not a lot of strength behind his hits. He needs to bulk up, but he's still young. Defending the rush, he just uses his reach and tries to poke check.

The last of the good stuff is he played a ton tonight. Sarnia was missing a few of their better regulars and were out shot 39-23. When Sarnia went on the pk, DeAngelo played the whole 2 minutes. When they went on the pp, he played the whole 2 minutes for that too. He definitely played more than 30 minutes. He didn't look the slightest bit tired either.

Now some of the bad. First his defense isn't that great. When he's in front of his net he literally stands there and watches the play. This kinda of lead to the only Kitchener goal. His D-zone play isn't awful, but it needs work. I think everyone knows this already though, and like a lot of other offensive minded Dmen, their defense isn't spectacular. In that sense he is like a Dan Boyle type. It's not really a problem for me though. Like a Boyle, the way I envision him in the NHL is also a guy who will make a good defense having to play good offense. With his skating and puck skills he looks like a great fit for a Cooper puck possession style. The only real stinker about his game was of course his emotions. DeAngelo has shown really no improvement here. In the 1st period, a Ranger player finishes his check on DeAngelo in the corner. It's not a big hit or a hard one. It's nothing at all, and DeAngelo some how gets upset and slashes him. Not a vicious slash, but enough for a penalty to be called. In the 2nd period, he makes a beautiful highlight like play deking into the offensive zone, moving through a group of 3-4 Ranger players, and even gets a shot on goal. He thinks there should be a trip on the play and when he doesn't get the call he loses his cool (in a very Subban like way) and starts mouthing off in anger. Players on the other team obviously know he's emotional and it's way too easy to get under his skin. Later on after on another nothing play where he gets a little shove after an offsides, he gets upset and has to be separated by a ref. He starts yapping about it a little later to a Ranger player too, because he can't let it go. And in the 3rd, while he's on the pk in a 2-1 game he takes a dumb boarding penalty to put his team on a 5-on-3 kill. So he still has a long way to go with all of that..

Unfortunately it was what you might have expected to see. The good, and also the bad. His abilities show and he is goooood, but he also is just plain stupid at times.

Usually discipline issues would scare me far less than a guy's actual mistakes, for a kid this age, but for DeAngelo I feel different. I think he'll work out his defensive game in Syracuse. I doubt it'll happen in Sarnia. But he seems to be crossing the line between "emotional" and "out of control" far too often. Makes me wonder what he's like as a teammate. I know that's jumping to a conclusion, but it's not a big jump when you're seeing a kid who gives you plenty of evidence that he doesn't seem to have the ability to filter his emotions.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
So Drei stopped 29 out of 30.

8-3-3 with a .918 save% and a 2.34 GAA

He's TRANSLATING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad