Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Only scratch I'm aware of is Mormina. Boxscore: http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1014995. Don't remember Koekkoek doing anything special last game though...

**edit: went back to check out ahl live ... Koekkoek started the game**

Lines were - by order in which they entered the game:

Paradis - Richard - Gourde
McGinn - Peca - Blunden
Tambellini - Angelidis - Erne
Broll - Darcy - Walcott

Koekkoek - Witkowski
Taormina - DeAngelo
Blujus - Dotchin

Last edited:

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
The Erne that played last night (not because he scored) is the Erne that the Lightning need. He was flying around, shooting from everywhere, going to the dirty areas, and showing off his vision with great passing...for a 215 lb forward that kid can flat out fly out there and cause chaos. That is the fully engaged Erne that can be a top line PF in the NHL.

I guess going Full Erne is back alive then I guess

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
Crunch had a 2-0 lead late in the 3rd, I decided to tune in with 3 minutes left 2-1, and a minute later the Crunch are down 3-2 and end up losing 4-2.
What a terrible decision that was. Now i'm sad.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Embarrasing loss for the Crunch...they packed it in way early and paid for it. If they weren't playing tomorrow I'd have them run laps 'till their legs fall off.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Anthony DeAngelo got booted from Sunday's game

http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/inde...7f2b7a0577695b016207df1e03#incart_river_index
At the 9:10 mark of the third, DeAngelo and Albany's Joseph Blandisi each got 10-minute misconducts for unsportsmanlike conduct. DeAngelo was also given a game misconduct for abuse of officials.

According to Tampa Bay assistant general manager Julien BriseBois, who was at the game, Blandisi and DeAngelo had been yapping at each other for a little while. The referees and linesmen told them to knock it off.

When both persisted, they got the 10-minute misconduct under AHL rule 75.4.
BriseBois said DeAngelo made further remarks to one of the refs, which then got him the game misconduct under rule 39.5. BriseBois said there was no physical contact between DeAngelo and the ref, which then perhaps brings this application of the rule into play:

Any player who, after being assessed a misconduct penalty, persists in challenging or disputing the ruling of an official.

The rulebook says that a player penalized under this rule may be subject to further discipline from the league.

The 20 penalty minutes, incidentally, are the first earned by DeAngelo this season after accruing none in his first 19 games

WJC NEWS:

http://www.worldjunior2016.com/en/news/host-team-final-camp/

Jonne Tammela has also been named to Finland's selection camp roster

Last edited:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I think these are the draftees from TBL who will play in WJC:

(CAN) – F Brayden Point, Moose Jaw (WHL)
(CAN) – F Mitchell Stephens, Saginaw (OHL)
(USA) – G Kris Oldham, Omaha Lancers (USHL)
(FIN) – F Jonne Tammela, KalPa Kuopio (Liiga)
(CZECH) – D Dominik Masin (Peterborough, OHL)

Will be fun to watch, sucks that we don’t have anyone from Sweden since I will still be cheering for them but I can still keep an eye on the others.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Crunch drop another one to fall to .500. Folks, the team is in need of a shakeup and much sooner than later. It is now December and they look at least a full stride behind their opponents more often than not.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Crunch drop another one to fall to .500. Folks, the team is in need of a shakeup and much sooner than later. It is now December and they look at least a full stride behind their opponents more often than not.

What typically happens at that level if a change is needed? Juniors callups?

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Coaching change or exchange of players with another organziation that are not meeting expectations. I have no clue which way to go. Perhaps this club needs an old school Crunch/Amerks or Crunch/Penguins style game with plenty of rough stuff to create the bond to call themselves a team. The finess game is not working as the lack of scoring depth is absolutely and totally being used and abused by the opposition. When they decide to play 60 minutes, they are a decent team. Unfortunately, the leadership has not figured out how to motivate the club to give an honest effort for the entire game. It is almost like many of the players are that spoiled little rich kid who has been given so much on a silver platter for just having the fancy name that he refuses to put forth the effort to actually earn the reward.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
So Imama lost his mind tonight.

http://www.boltprospects.com/content/juniors-game-night-12-11-15

Pretty sure he spits at the goalie on his way out.

As much as it sucks that Imama is going to get a fairly long suspension, that was the right move. He is the toughest guy in the league and the Halifax player not only forced the 15 year old to fight, but then punched him while he was down. Imama came after him and probably suggested to him that he doesn't want to play Saint John again this year.

On the note of TB prospects, Joseph is up to 29 points in 28 games now. That's especially impressive since Saint John had the worst PP in the league up until 2 games ago.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Pretty ****** move by the 20 year old to go after a 15 year old kid. Sucks that Imama is getting the book thrown at him but I wouldn't bee too upset at him.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Perhaps the shot of attitude the Crunch need right now. A little fire could do a lot to wake up this team.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yeah hard to feel like Imama really did the wrong thing. That was trash. The league should act with the interests of Veleno in mind.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
It was reported that Imama jumped the bench and spit on the goalie on his way out. Protecting your teammate is allowed but those two things I can't see the league letting that go and setting a bad precedent.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Don't like that he threw about 10 punches over linesman's shoulders though, coming dangerously close to (or maybe even actually) hitting them a few times. I get that he wanted to protect his teammate. But you can't just go bat**** crazy and ignore the officials.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Don't like that he threw about 10 punches over linesman's shoulders though, coming dangerously close to (or maybe even actually) hitting them a few times. I get that he wanted to protect his teammate. But you can't just go bat**** crazy and ignore the officials.

That same official was holding Bent in a way that he could punch Veleno while Veleno was being properly restrained.

When Saint John drafted Veleno, Boko made the promise that Joe was going to be his little brother. This is what happens when you mess with little brother.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
That same official was holding Bent in a way that he could punch Veleno while Veleno was being properly restrained.

When Saint John drafted Veleno, Boko made the promise that Joe was going to be his little brother. This is what happens when you mess with little brother.

I am alright with what he did, but to spit out towards the goalie was unnessecary.

Anyways, as it seems to get to watch some Saint John games, how have the other two been looking so far? What do you think Joseph can develop into? I don't belief Imama will be more than a AHL monster for us..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->