Status
Not open for further replies.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
The Messenger said:
His Biggest asset is his Size ..

He covers so much of the net that his stats are misleading.. on pure skill he does not match up to the other top goalie prospects on other teams ..not that he is a bust or anything ..

Any goalie can turn it around.. I have a lot more faith in Ellis-Plante or Schneider to become our #1 in the next few years.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
You have to wonder if Kyle Wanvig will ever merit his early 2nd round status. I know PFs are slow to develop, and his play hasn't been all that bad, but still....

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
theBob said:
Igor Radulov!

2 years ago he amazes us with 5 goals, 6 points in 7 NHL games.
1 year ago he makes the squad only to be demoted after a month for lack of production. He then fails to impress in the AHL.
This year he gets 0 points in the AHL, gets demoted to the ECHL, refuses to report to play, citing he is too good for the ECHL.

This guy is seriously a disgrace with all the talent he has. Just another Ty Jones. Maybe a more skill focused team could pick him up and make him a good player. Can we get a 2nd for his services?

Interesting !!!!!!!!!!!

Considering he is Chicago's top ranked forward prospect on the Black Hawks home page here at HF ... http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team.php?team=4

ahead of 1st rounders Mikhail Yakubov & Pavel Vorobiev who not so long ago where considered TOP 50 prospects ..

Just proves how fast things change in the life of a prospect ..

X-SHARKIE

Sharks 1st pick in 2000 (2nd round) Tero Maatta was a guy I liked. I thought of him as a late 1st round talent, and we got him ealy/mid 2nd.

I was stoked on draft day that we aquired him, and now I regret that pick and it's one of the worst picks Sharks made in a while lol.

He is one solid player in Finland but looks lost in prospect camps ect. He just never progressed and isn't good enough to play here.
Sharks have had two years to sign him at good times, but they chose to sign a undrafted NCAA graduate. Which has been working out well.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Tomas Kopecky for the Wings. He hasn't even threatened being good, but because he was a 2nd rounder and is a forward with some size (most other Wings forward prospects are smallish), he carried hope for some Detroit fans.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
theBob said:
Igor Radulov!

2 years ago he amazes us with 5 goals, 6 points in 7 NHL games.
1 year ago he makes the squad only to be demoted after a month for lack of production. He then fails to impress in the AHL.
This year he gets 0 points in the AHL, gets demoted to the ECHL, refuses to report to play, citing he is too good for the ECHL.

This guy is seriously a disgrace with all the talent he has. Just another Ty Jones. Maybe a more skill focused team could pick him up and make him a good player. Can we get a 2nd for his services?

The Canucks should tade Fedor Fedorov for Radulov. Maybe one of them can salvage a career.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
kmad said:
Any goalie can turn it around.. I have a lot more faith in Ellis-Plante or Schneider to become our #1 in the next few years.

100 % agree, particularly in the young goalie prospects .. With Auld you have to have something to turn around .. This is not a case like saying Kari Lehtonen is struggling, but has the talents to turn it around ..

With Auld it is what it is .. He isn't playing poorly .. he is playing at his capabilities ..

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Adrian Foster (finally)
Teemu Laine
Andre Posnov
Anton Kadeikin
Ari Ahonen (as a star)
Tuomas Pihlman (overated skills, will only be a grinder)

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
mazmin said:
The Canucks should tade Fedor Fedorov for Radulov. Maybe one of them can salvage a career.

Hey what are you talking about? Fedor DOES have a career. Haven't you seen http://fedorovbrothers.com/ ? :lol :lol :lol

And as an Oiler fan, I am losing faith in Mihknov as well. I was pretty high on him last year and thought the Oilers should have brought him over. But he decided to stay in Russia this year I thought that was a bad move and turns out I was right. He has done nothing this year. Disappointing.

Rita I actualy had almost given up on until his play in Finland this year. He has been his team's best player and is currently wearing the coveted golden helmet ;)

Seriously, he is having a good year though. I don't think top line with him as I did 1999 draft day, but 3rd/2nd line checker who can put up 20+ goals isn't out of the question.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
I've given up on Hainsey a year ago.

And now with Chipchura's Achilles injury, I think I might just forget him too. He's as good as done as an NHL prospect with such an injury. I'll pray for a miraculous rehab.

Reilly311

jimmy page said:
Ditto
What a joke of a trade that was.

yeah, I still don't understand how the Pens didn't get at least 1 first round pick in that trade. I know Craig Patrick is in the hall of fame...but....

Clash*

Jan 18, 2003
Florida Panthers have the obvious one in Shvidki, but I'm also losin faith on Krajicek's ability to play any sort of defense.I'll give him this year and maybe next, but I'm startin to think the Panthers might be better off movin him to wing.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Bookman said:
You have to wonder if Kyle Wanvig will ever merit his early 2nd round status. I know PFs are slow to develop, and his play hasn't been all that bad, but still....

I don't think it'll ever merit the 2nd round pick he was picked at but, at least he's making it and looks rpetty sharp.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
DaveyCrockett said:
Svitov, Vorobiev, Hossa, Kobasew(this won't be popular), Bacashihua, Connolly, Jillson, and Nystom.
Thats not too popular here :D

I don't know, Chuck's still young, he had a decent NHL start last year, just 6 goals, but he really learned how to play in the bigs, I could understand giving up on his goalscoring abilities at the NHL level, but I think he is at least a grinder in the league now. He is playing extremely well in the AHL right now, his leadership qualities seem to be progressing rapidly.

Good call on Zainullin Roughneck, I've given up on him so long I didn't even think of it.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
DaveyCrockett said:
Svitov, Vorobiev, Hossa, Kobasew(this won't be popular), Bacashihua, Connolly, Jillson, and Nystom.

I am not sure how you can give up on a guy liek Nystrom or Kobasew.

#1 They are both very young.

#2 Nystrom has done decent for himself adn was never touted as a high scorer but he has remianed strong in his areas where he was seen as strenths. he has been a great leader, checker and excellent defensively. He also chose to get an education. Until he plays in the NHL, than you cannot count him out. Heck, he hasn't even tried out for the team BUT I am quite confident he will reaplce Gelinas in the next 1-2 years.

#3 Kobasew has rounded out his game. He is now starting to impress the hell out of me in the AHL. The guy is leading the team (leadership I mean) as well as scoring like mad. Lowell would be in big trouble if they did not have Krahn or Kobasew. That is basically 1/2 there teams success right there.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
One guy I really liked after seeing him play in the WJC a few years ago was Yuri Trubachev. I really thought if the Flames would just bring him over, there was a clear opening for a playmaking center and he'd shine in that role. Well, it looks less and less likely, especially now that the Flames have Lombardi and Langkow.

I think the clock is ticking on Ron Hainsey, for sure. Also, while it's still a tad early I'm starting to think that Robert Nilsson will become a huge bust in the near future.

There are several more. In fact, you could probably name one player per organization that falls into this category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad