Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

May 13, 2005
November 6
Regina 5, Lethbridge 2-Burroughs, 1 assist, + 1.
Edmonton 5, Victoria 0-Reinhart, + 1.

I'm a little worried about Reinhart at this time. He should be dominating, should be like a man playing against boys, he's gonna be 20 in January. He was better offensively in his pre-draft year (16-17 yo) and draft year (17-18 yo) than he is in his post draft year 2 (19-20 yo).

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If he was 5'10 he would have been a first rounder

agree 100%

I wonder id its a banned substance but when my cousin was younger he took something to aid in Grownth and he ended up shooting up...

He was always a shrimp and now hes like 6'2...

I think he had a deficiency in his thyroid or what ever it is that helps kids grow...

It would be worth the one year ban or what ever the Penalty was for cammarata to grow a few inches

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
November 7
Windsor 6, Plymouth 5-VCR, 1 assist, even.
Niagara 6, Sarnia 3-Graham, 1 goal (4), + 2.
Saskatoon 3, Brandon 1-Pulock, 1 assist, + 1.

Last edited:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I love the way Burroughs plays. Has talent, can score, and is tough as nails. An excellent 7th round pick. Another captain amongst the Isles prospects.

How big is Burroughs? I thought he was on the small side. He looked pretty solid in that video...

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
He was listed as 5'11" 185. His style reminds me of Letang. If he can be half as good, we got a steal.

not bad size for an offensive defenseman...

I just looked up some reports on him found that he and I share the same Birthday. Pretty cool

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Burroughs is a July birthday so he was one of the younger players available in the draft. Possibly he can grow a little. Still has not scored a goal yet, a little back luck as he has hit a few posts, overall has played very well.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I'm a little worried about Reinhart at this time. He should be dominating, should be like a man playing against boys, he's gonna be 20 in January. He was better offensively in his pre-draft year (16-17 yo) and draft year (17-18 yo) than he is in his post draft year 2 (19-20 yo).

Worried? Reinhart is what he is. A shut-down d-man. I'm actually kind of glad that we aren't seeing a big spike in his numbers. I don't want him to alter his game one bit. A big, reliable top-2 or 3 is what we need, and I'm pretty confident that is what we're going to get with Reinhart. If we're lucky maybe he'll put up 30 points per year. If not, I still wouldn't really care.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Worried? Reinhart is what he is. A shut-down d-man. I'm actually kind of glad that we aren't seeing a big spike in his numbers. I don't want him to alter his game one bit. A big, reliable top-2 or 3 is what we need, and I'm pretty confident that is what we're going to get with Reinhart. If we're lucky maybe he'll put up 30 points per year. If not, I still wouldn't really care.

30 points a year in the NHL ? He can barely do that in Juniors. I'm just saying he's taken a step back, he showed better 2 way play when he was younger, just saying at his age, he should be ripping up that league. You don't spend the 4th overall pick on a top 2 or 3, you spend the #4 overall on a #1 defenseman. We were a year too late (or early ?), look at what Nashville got at #4 in the 2013 draft, Seth Jones.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
30 points a year in the NHL ? He can barely do that in Juniors. I'm just saying he's taken a step back, he showed better 2 way play when he was younger, just saying at his age, he should be ripping up that league. You don't spend the 4th overall pick on a top 2 or 3, you spend the #4 overall on a #1 defenseman. We were a year too late (or early ?), look at what Nashville got at #4 in the 2013 draft, Seth Jones.

Reinhart could very easily be a #1, and I won't be surprised if he becomes that, but anytime you use the words "prospect" and "# 1" in here you tend to get crucified. Figured top-2/3 was playing it safe.

Either way, don't focus on the numbers. You're just going to be disappointed. That said, once you see Reinhart here you will fall in love with him. I guarantee it(Men's Warehouse guy voice).

scott99

May 13, 2005
Reinhart could very easily be a #1, and I won't be surprised if he becomes that, but anytime you use the words "prospect" and "# 1" in here you tend to get crucified. Figured top-2/3 was playing it safe.

Either way, don't focus on the numbers. You're just going to be disappointed. That said, once you see Reinhart here you will fall in love with him. I guarantee it(Men's Warehouse guy voice).

Blinkman, I LOVED the way Reinhart played in the preseason. I saw a big powerful defenseman jumping into the play, being agressive all over the ice both with and without the puck. I loved it ! Doesn't seem to be doing that in Edmonton.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Blinkman, I LOVED the way Reinhart played in the preseason. I saw a big powerful defenseman jumping into the play, being agressive all over the ice both with and without the puck. I loved it ! Doesn't seem to be doing that in Edmonton.

..and I'm betting that is what you'll continue to see once he reaches this level. Sometimes those things don't always translate to points though. At least not all the time. Hopefully he can start his career next to Visnovsky next year, and perhaps make a few offensive tweaks just from being around a guy like that. I just don't see what he could really learn this year offensively at the WHL level that will carry over to his NHL game(outside of maybe confidence).

scott99

May 13, 2005
..and I'm betting that is what you'll continue to see once he reaches this level. Sometimes those things don't always translate to points though. At least not all the time. Hopefully he can start his career next to Visnovsky next year, and perhaps make a few offensive tweaks just from being around a guy like that. I just don't see what he could really learn this year offensively at the WHL level that will carry over to his NHL game(outside of maybe confidence).

We can agree to disagree, I really wanted to see Reinhart blow away the WHL, especially since he almost made the NHL this season. That being said, one thing we both agree on, is we are psyched to see him in an Islander's uniform !

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
We can agree to disagree, I really wanted to see Reinhart blow away the WHL, especially since he almost made the NHL this season. That being said, one thing we both agree on, is we are psyched to see him in an Islander's uniform !

Paired with Pulock some day.
There is no way for us to know of course, possibly the Oil Kings coaches do not need or want Reinhart to rush a lot and get more points. His big value to the team is in his own end. He was involved offensively in training camp so he does have some capabilities but it's not likely to ever be a big part of his game and as he is the Islanders need that type of defenseman he is. He is getting more powerplay time this year, sounds like from the broadcasts he is playing well, just not getting the points.

Last edited:

duster19

Feb 13, 2013

I dont see Reinhart being our #1 dman. He doesnt have enough offensive skills to lead our offensive style of play. Generally true #1 guys can put up points to. I see him having a nice stabalising role with us but most as a complementary/ pk role. Hes going to be Chris Philips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad