Prospect Info: Prospect Discussion 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Just a heads up, Great News

Fascinated to see how many Swedes of ours go, seems like Raymond, Niederbach, Johansson are probably locks... With the expanded rosters what about Wallinder, Grewe & Soderblom could be interesting.

Seems like Mastrosimone (USA), Seider (GER), Tuomisto & Viro (FIN), Bednar (CZE) will probably go/be selected, i wonder if Tyutyayev gets picked by Russia

Tyutyayev is 2000 born so not eligible. But I've been wondering what Tuomisto's chances are having played a lot less than other D options who are in Finland. Just read that the NCHC will have a 3-week bubble starting Dec 1st, but not sure when Tuomisto would have to join the Finnish team prior to the WJC. Last year their camp started Dec 14th, so maybe he could play a few games.

NCHN news link: Eight-team college hockey pod in Omaha? That's the NCHC's plan

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Tyutyayev is 2000 born so not eligible. But I've been wondering what Tuomisto's chances are having played a lot less than other D options who are in Finland. Just read that the NCHC will have a 3-week bubble starting Dec 1st, but not sure when Tuomisto would have to join the Finnish team prior to the WJC. Last year their camp started Dec 14th, so maybe he could play a few games.

NCHN news link: Eight-team college hockey pod in Omaha? That's the NCHC's plan
Oh good call about Kirill, my bad haha

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Larsson may have a broken finger, according to @DRWprospects (ChadS?).

Hopefully he's ok and get back on track!

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
getting some of our picks to exceed expectations is really critical for the rebuild... hopefully berggren can keep it up. He was a late first round talent for sure, but with how he's been playing, he looks like he should have gone higher. Small sample size but this is promising given his injuries sustained over the past few seasons... hasnt derailed his development.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
I think Otto Kivenmäki must have see my post calling him a long shot to make it to the NHL as he's been great to start the Liiga season. He's moved to the wing and has responded with 7 points in 7 games and he's doing well on the Corsi front with a 54% CF% too. He is running a high on ice shooting percentage so his numbers may normalize sooner rather than later, but it's nice to see he's bounced back after the hit last season.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I think Otto Kivenmäki must have see my post calling him a long shot to make it to the NHL as he's been great to start the Liiga season. He's moved to the wing and has responded with 7 points in 7 games and he's doing well on the Corsi front with a 54% CF% too. He is running a high on ice shooting percentage so his numbers may normalize sooner rather than later, but it's nice to see he's bounced back after the hit last season.

I always knew he is special

Oct 18, 2006

Wow that play was beautiful!

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What’s the latest with Veleno, Ras and Zadina?

Tough to find info from that Austrian League, but it seems they have postponed some games, but not cancelled the league.

Rasmussen has scored 0+1 in 2 games.

Zadina is injured.

Veleno hasn't scored in first 2 games he plays. Logging 17-18min in Top offensive line.

Reactions: Filppula

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009

Jesus. I kind of feel for #44 there. I've done that BS wipeout before, haha.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

I’ve never been able to get through an entire scouching video but I really enjoyed his insights in this interview.

Starts at around 27:30.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Looking for some info on players who made their debut last season...

Dmytro Timashov
Givani Smith
Gustav Lindstrom

What kind of players are they and what does their NHL projection look like?

Thanks!

Smith a physical 4th line winger. I think he can carve out a quality career in that role based on what I’ve seen in Grand Rapids and his short stint in Detroit. Guy is as strong as it gets and is sneaky skilled. Absolute beast down low.

Lindstrom doesn’t excite me much but he looks like he can be a 4-6 defenseman. Pretty vanilla player but I could see coaches liking him a lot because of that. Interested to see how he progresses.

Timashov we didn’t see much of, outside of a few games. Showed a good ability to transport the puck through the neutral zone. Not sure what his offensive capabilities are.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

Dmytro Timashov
Givani Smith
Gustav Lindstrom

Thanks!

Dmytro Timashov - Didn't see enough of him. Looks to have a decent amount of talent. Maybe 3rd line scoring depth? The kind of guy who can move up to the 2nd line in case of injuries and gets 30 points a season, but won't see much PP time and isn't that effective on the PK.

Givani Smith - career 4th line agitator. A good guy to have on the team, stands up for his teammates, gets under the opponents skin, and gives 100% every shift. Has the potential to be a solid PKer as well, but I don't see him getting more than 20 points in a season though.

Gustav Lindstrom - Unspectacular and steady. I think he ends up as your average journeyman 5-6-7th defenseman who plays 15-18 safe and sheltered minutes a night when guys like Seider need a breather from their 27 minute games.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Timashov, only if he gets faster
Smith, Aby2.0, hope he learn how to fight
Lindstrom, solid bottom pair

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga

Dmytro Timashov
Givani Smith
Gustav Lindstrom

Thanks!

Personally, I see Timashov as the most interesting of the bunch. I think he is currently a 4th liner with middle 6 upside, but he's also a bit of a longshot to reach that potential. I think Smith is a bit of an old school player who is going to be a meat and potatoes 4th liner; and Lindstrom seems destined for a 3rd pairing role. None are particularly exciting, but they all should be at worst replacement level players for the next 3-5 years.

Reactions: Legionnaire11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad