Prospect Info: Prospect Camp: Arizona Rookie Faceoff [Sep 17 - 20]

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Hab fans during that WJC were unbearable. Mete way better than Makar at everything except scoring lol oh man.

That tournament was my first glimpse at how easily group think leads to false narratives online in this new information age. It was always an issue to an extent, but the last five or so years it's gone through the roof, and now it impacts everything, including people's health during the pandemic.

The things said about Makar, by both Av fans and non Av fans was shockingly untrue. Even at the time. Makar never played a high risk style in that tourney, he always picked his spots well. He wasn't bad defensively, even though people made up that he was at fault for certain plays, when he wasn't. He even played well on both sides, meaning the left/right pairing issue shouldn't have been an issue.

Same with the rationale for valuing players like Mete or Bean higher than Cale. I honestly couldn't believe when Av fans would try to justify benching Makar, when he led the entire team (let alone D men) in scoring with like one or two games to go in the tourney. And the more people said it, the more people that believed it.

It was like a crash course in how people can be lead to believe things that aren't true, if they're just repeated over and over again, with false confidence.

Reactions: LTC Pain

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I for one am really curious about how the rest of the ATO/Undrafted crowd has done. There's still a bunch of them in camp unless I missed them all getting cut a week ago or something. Are we going to sign any of them? Given the chaos in the draft last year (and our lack of picks in said draft) this would be a great time to hand out some ELCs to see if we can get any bargain prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad