Prospect Info: Prospect Camp: Arizona Rookie Faceoff [Sep 17 - 20]

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Agree with most of that. Wingerli hasn't done much, but the goal he scored was exactly the type of goal you can expect him to score. For a small guy he's actually pretty good at finding open spots around the net and that's exactly how he scored his goal by finding a lane to the net and finishing the rebound.

Foudy had a great moment in the 2nd period where he quickly accelerated away from his man and created a good chance.
Is he the one who scored the second goal today? AvsTwitter has the highlights, but no mention who scored.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Brilliant feed and goal by the Avs to tie it at 4-4! Henry scored, not sure who passed that, but beautiful passing by the Avs three players at the end of the PP.

- Burke had a fight today.
- Boucher had a fight in the Ducks game.

Reactions: Avs_19

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Is he the one who scored the second goal today? AvsTwitter has the highlights, but no mention who scored.
Yeah it was Wingerli who scored the goal. Barron had the primary assist with a nice feed from the right point to Wingerli going to the net.

Reactions: S E P H

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Not sure if Sharks are scratching players, but Eklund and Merkley are both playing against our ATO scrubs. 4-3 for the Sharks after the 2nd period.

Avs don't look too bad considering the line up, Jones should've had the fourth goal (which came short-handed), but nice to see them respond with a PP marker by #45. My feed has been going in and out of quality so not sure who passed it across. Foudy has been our best player easily, while Barron and Beaucage have both had good moments. Maybe it is because all these away announcers have zero talent of remembering the other team's numbers, but Wingerli has been a ghost in my observations these last two games.
Hard for Wingerli to stand out last game when he didn’t play ;)

He’s been pretty meh, but you see the polish in his game in his back checking, positioning, and reads. As expected with him being a pro and old.

I really likes Smith’s skill set and you see what he can bring in small flashes. He hasn’t earned a contract, but I’d keep him in camp a bit longer to see how he holds up.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hard for Wingerli to stand out last game when he didn’t play
Thank God he didn't if that's the case! I want him to succeed and thankfully he was a ghost as a scratch and not on the ice!

I really likes Smith’s skill set and you see what he can bring in small flashes. He hasn’t earned a contract, but I’d keep him in camp a bit longer to see how he holds up.
Mitchell Smith and Jack O'Brien have been the best ATO's for me from the Avs.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Avs had a 5-3 killed off by the Sharks, too many drop passes on the PP to enter the zone play. Barron was not very good as the PPQB.

#45 took a crazy crosschequing penalty clearing the body in front from a rebound.

Wingerli takes the puck and scores short-handed, Avs third of the tourney lol. He is crazy good on the PK, his speed and IQ will give teams trouble if he makes the parent team. Tardif scores an empty-netter and the Colorado ATOs win lol. Bad team defence overall with some weak goals by Jones, but really impressive win.

Reactions: Avs_19

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Avs win. This game was played at a much lower level of play than the other two. Foudy looks good. Barron looked better but not amazing.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Foudy scores another empty netter with a shot from a tight angle at the half wall after skating circles around the OZ earlier in the shift.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Easier to score on PK than PP in this tourney.
Avs did score two goals right at the end of PPs today, but that 5v3 was brutal though. I think I expected more from everyone on that regardless of age or experience because there was talent out there.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Wingerli scored two goals today.

2-0 goal, cleaning up his own rebound. Assisted by Barron.
5-4 GWG shorthanded with 2:23 left, rushing up the RW goes to the net and shoots, then cleans up his rebound.

His speed on the break and knack for going to the net are exactly the traits that he got signed for, so it's positive to see him excelling with exactly the type of goals that could translate to the NHL.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Of the ATOs, I noticed O'Brien and Tardif the most in the two games I watched. Tardif has a good motor, but I don't know if I'd give anyone an ELC based on the tourney.

Foudy was terrific, always moving and creating something. He's shifty and getting better at attacking the middle of the ice once in a while.

And I don't know if it's an illusion or not, but Beaucage seemed a little quicker on his feet than I remembered. He's kind of a minimalist skater where he only does the bare minimum in the O-zone to find soft spots. He's efficient in his movements, and that makes up a little bit for him not winning foot races.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
And I don't know if it's an illusion or not, but Beaucage seemed a little quicker on his feet than I remembered. He's kind of a minimalist skater where he only does the bare minimum in the O-zone to find soft spots. He's efficient in his movements, and that makes up a little bit for him not winning foot races.
Yeah Beaucage is noticeably faster now than the previous rookie tournament that's for sure. He's still behind the play, but not as much as he used to me. Definitely won't ever be a puck-rushing sniper like Kessel, he's more of get into an open area of the ice and hopefully someone with good playmaking can set him up. His shot alone should cause a ton of rebounds since the velocity and overall heaviness of it has given goalers fits in terms of puck control.

Reactions: McMetal

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Olausson was a mixed bag. A sloppy turnover or two, not really impacting things defensively. But offensively he had a couple of sweet dangles and beat his man to get a good chance on goal.

Reactions: Chiarelli

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Olausson was a mixed bag. A sloppy turnover or two, not really impacting things defensively. But offensively he had a couple of sweet dangles and beat his man to get a good chance on goal.

He's really, really raw. You can see the talent, but he needs a lot of coaching. They should keep him in camp as long as possible then send him to Barrie to get used the NA ice. He looks like he's at least 3 years away from the NHL, take it slow.

Reactions: AvsCOL
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Yeah Beaucage is noticeably faster now than the previous rookie tournament that's for sure. He's still behind the play, but not as much as he used to me. Definitely won't ever be a puck-rushing sniper like Kessel, he's more of get into an open area of the ice and hopefully someone with good playmaking can set him up. His shot alone should cause a ton of rebounds since the velocity and overall heaviness of it has given goalers fits in terms of puck control.

He has that innate talent to score, if he can get his skating up to the point where he can get into those spots efficiently he’s going to be an NHLer. If we had a guy like Barzal…damn that would be interesting, a speedy, puck dominant playmaker with a sneaky goal scorer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad