Prospect and Marlies Thread: 2017 - 2018 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
We have nobody in Buttons Top 50 NHL-affiliated prospects...

Cupboard is stocked for up-and-coming Canucks - Article - TSN

What a joke of a list. He hasn't had a Leaf ranked on his top 50 this year or last. When you consider he had Andrew Nielsen as our #1 prospect last year and Adam Brooks #3, you wonder if he even watches the guys. Maybe he just pulls names out of a hat? To not have Liljegren ranked in the top 50 considering how high he had Valimaki and Brannstrom is hilarious. But he is impartial I am sure and has no bias whatsoever.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
What a joke of a list. He hasn't had a Leaf ranked on his top 50 this year or last. When you consider he had Andrew Nielsen as our #1 prospect last year and Adam Brooks #3, you wonder if he even watches the guys. Maybe he just pulls names out of a hat? To not have Liljegren ranked in the top 50 considering how high he had Valimaki and Brannstrom is hilarious. But he is impartial I am sure and has no bias whatsoever.

I think Grumstrom should be somewhere in the 40~50, for sure. I dont think he seen enough of Korshkov to rank him.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He's loyal to a few people in the industry, and it is somewhat reflected in his rankings.

I don't understand his ranking of Liljegren. I don't see how you can drop him 13 or so places.

Reactions: AppsSyl

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I guess he's dug his heals in on Liljegren.

He should probably be more flexible to a player if they improve or play well.

Last edited:

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Yea, no it's a pretty bad list. No Liljegren when Brannstrom and Valimaki are both top 20 or that Winnipeg Dman, Necas at 3, etc. Nielsen is rated our 3rd best prospect.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
  1. Lily
  2. johnsson
  3. Nielson
  4. Grunstron
I wouldn't put him at 3 but its debatable.

Assuming we're not counting Kapanen: Liljegren, Grundstrom, Korshkov, Johnsson, Bracco, Rasanen are all comfortably ahead of Nielsen. I don't see Nielsen ever making the NHL with that skating, his offense just isn't even close to covering how badly exposed he'd be defensively.

I'm more confident Holl will play 100 NHL games than Nielsen.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Assuming we're not counting Kapanen: Liljegren, Grundstrom, Koreshkov, Johnsson, Bracco, Rasanen are all comfortably ahead of Nielsen. I don't see Nielsen ever making the NHL with that skating, his offense just isn't even close to covering how badly exposed he'd be defensively.

I'm more confident Holl will play 100 NHL games than Nielsen.

Not counting Kap and Dermott, "I" would pick these as my top 5 at the moment.
  1. Liljegren
  2. Johnsson
  3. Grundstrom
  4. Koreshkov
  5. Nielsen
Holl is 26 and Nielson is only 21

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Not counting Kap and Dermott, "I" would pick these as my top 5 at the moment.
  1. Liljegren
  2. Johnsson
  3. Grundstrom
  4. Koreshkov
  5. Nielsen
Holl is 26 and Nielson is only 21
Johnsson was born in 94 but you have Dermott (born in 96) not counting as a prospect because he's played 10 games? Kapanen (also a 96) doesn't have a half a season of games played under his belt.

Come on now Vince Vega.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Johnsson was born in 94 but you have Dermott (born in 96) not counting as a prospect because he's played 10 games? Kapanen (also a 96) doesn't have a half a season of games played under his belt.

Come on now Vince Vega.

Im following Buttons ranking examples, he has not listed Kapanen and Dermott, smh ...

Last edited:

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Im following Buttons example, he has not listed Kapanen and Dermott, smh ... here comes the hot takes lol

Button has players on his list with NHL games played. He actually has a player in his TOP 10 with 33 games played.

Come on Vince Vega. "Smh" and "lol" make you sound like an infant. Put your big boy pants on.

Reactions: stickty111

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Button has players on his list with NHL games played. He actually has a player in his TOP 10 with 33 games played.

Come on Vince Vega. "Smh" and "lol" make you sound like an infant. Put your big boy pants on.

you ok buddy?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
for people who are following bracco this season. What are the chances he can become a tyler johnson or yanni gourde level player for the leafs? Give him another 2 years in the AHL and once he is ready he can be a solid top 6 guy who displays high-end skill. Is that projection to high or is it a realistic possibility if bracco continues to develope his game. He is a player who could be really valuable for the leafs as either a player if he makes it to the nhl, or as a trade piece if he continues his upward trend and puts a ppg season next year in the ahl.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
for people who are following bracco this season. What are the chances he can become a tyler johnson or yanni gourde level player for the leafs? Give him another 2 years in the AHL and once he is ready he can be a solid top 6 guy who displays high-end skill. Is that projection to high or is it a realistic possibility if bracco continues to develope his game. He is a player who could be really valuable for the leafs as either a player if he makes it to the nhl, or as a trade piece if he continues his upward trend and puts a ppg season next year in the ahl.

Bracco can easily do what Johnson and Gourde are doing in the NHL right now if he is given the right team mates and situation.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Wow, Robert Thomas really high. I had him on my shortlist for our pick last year until Liljegren fell.

He has Batherson really high too...

It's a really bad list. If he saw anything of what Liljegren did in the AHL, he would easily have him top 25. Probably higher. If he was not injured, Liljegren probably could have challenged for top 10. Like Alex Nylander is at 25, is a pure offensive winger, and is getting outproduced by a high end two-way defenseman who is a year younger than him in fewer games.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Bracco can easily do what Johnson and Gourde are doing in the NHL right now if he is given the right team mates and situation.
Second this. His skill, vision, and skating are all terrific. And his work ethic and commitment to a defensive system like we've seen in the Marlies is very solid

bonjovi0308

Jan 26, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I always thought Bracco could be poor mans Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad