Speculation: Propose a (realistic) trade move that can put us into the playoffs.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
you could add Pettersson to this list if vancouver does bad this year given the latest news.

The most telling comment was made by Lalonde. He relayed that Yzerman told him that you want to get to the top in a sustainable manner. He's building for that end. I see him dealing for youth and picks at the dead. Now, he may stand pat, if the team is in the hunt, but I don't see him trading any picks or under 30 assets to get in.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
The most telling comment was made by Lalonde. He relayed that Yzerman told him that you want to get to the top in a sustainable manner. He's building for that end. I see him dealing for youth and picks at the dead. Now, he may stand pat, if the team is in the hunt, but I don't see him trading any picks or under 30 assets to get in.
as a general rule, I am sure this is the case.

But I do think Petterssen is the exception.

Reactions: heyfolks

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Any deal for EP would have to start with Kasper/ Danielson, 1st, and then probably one of Ax or Wallinder. My pref would probably be Danielson as Kasper I think fits in nicely as a physical top 6 winger to work in with Larks or EP. Maybe Ray + 1st+ Aljo. If Ras continues his development I'd be very hesitant to give him up. He is the type you win playoff games with.

I think Eichel would be a good comparable. EP will have some say thanks to being an RFA but I'm certainly not getting my hopes up.

Reactions: SirloinUB

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
It'll upset some folks around here but here it is:

Det
Pettersson (100 point center on bad teams)

Van
Kasper
Fabbri/Wallinder/Berggren (1 or 2 of these)
Chiarot (they apparently need a RD now i guess?)
BOS 1st + another pick?

In poker terms, I would snap call immediately. Our center depth turns to Larkin - Pettersson - Danielson for the real future of the team/future core instead of Lakrin - Kasper - Danielson. Argue away, but Pettersson on this team is much better than Kasper on this team and he is still 24 so well within our window of cores. I would even do this at no extension and expect an extension in the 11-12 mil range for however long we can keep him for.

DBC - Larkin - X
X - Pettersson - Raymond (would love berggren to be here for swedish lineup but w.e)
X - Danielson - Soderblom

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Maatta
Aljo - X

Fill in the X's how you want for next year. Could just put Copp with Danielson and Compher with Pettersson, etc. This team f***s, and I would probably turn into a toronto type fan for detroit and be even more unbearable than you people already think I am.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023

Det

Van
Kasper
BOS 1st + another pick?

In poker terms, I would snap call immediately. Our center depth turns to Larkin - Pettersson - Danielson for the real future of the team/future core instead of Lakrin - Kasper - Danielson. Argue away, but Pettersson on this team is much better than Kasper on this team and he is still 24 so well within our window of cores. I would even do this at no extension and expect an extension in the 11-12 mil range for however long we can keep him for.

DBC - Larkin - X
X - Pettersson - Raymond (would love berggren to be here for swedish lineup but w.e)

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Maatta
Aljo - X

Fill in the X's how you want for next year. Could just put Copp with Danielson and Compher with Pettersson, etc. This team f***s, and I would probably turn into a toronto type fan for detroit and be even more unbearable than you people already think I am.

Why would this upset anyone? The only ones who should be upset by that is Vancouver. That’s not very good value for a a very very good player.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

Det

Van
Kasper
BOS 1st + another pick?

DBC - Larkin - X

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Maatta
Aljo - X

Vancouver fans?

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Why would this upset anyone? The only ones who should be upset by that is Vancouver. That’s not very good value for a a very very good player.
Vancouver is going to be upset with anything because they fumbled the bag. Don't know if they could've done better or not, but they should have tried to do a deeper rebuild after two seasons ago imo.

This helps with that rebuild, they get 1 future 2/3c ( I would say 2 but whatever), a future 2c winger, a future top 4 d, and picks for more prospects in the system.

All of that, for a guy who has his foot out the door anyways and apparently people in the org. don't like him that much? It's pretty close to fair value in that respect...

Vancouver fans?
them and some around our side. People around here love kasper and love wallinder and berggren. would probably love to keep them over pettersson. Those are the ones I am writing that line for.

Even if Kasper becomes a HOFer for VAN and Wallinder becomes a possible top 10 norris trophy nominated player, I would still make this deal. Pettersson alone is just worth it when you look at our current lineup/prospect pool/future growth/core players.

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022

Det

Van
Kasper
BOS 1st + another pick?

DBC - Larkin - X

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Maatta
Aljo - X

No way in hell VAN goes for this...

More like Danielson+Berggren+Wallinder+1st round pick, maybe two.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
No way in hell VAN goes for this...

More like Danielson+Berggren+Wallinder+1st round pick, maybe two.
kasper+berggren+wallinder+1st+2nd

Kasper is more NHL ready right now (because he can just go on their team now, I don't think they have enough capable centers to keep kasper out?). They still want to be competitive (makes no sense but here we are) so giving them back two roster players is better than needing to wait another year for danielson.

Also, danielson is becoming a national treasure, so he is not to be allowed in trade discussions until further notice. I appreciate your accommodations.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Yeah, I'd hate to lose Kasper, but for a guy of Peterson's caliber, if Vancouver is that dumb you make that deal.

Reactions: Ricelund

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Trading for Pettersson is not a realistic move.
I think its not realistic in the sense that Van would be incredibly dumb to move him, but I also think if he ends up on the block, I'd be surprised if Detroit wasn't a major player.

Not a lot of teams can add a 11ish mil dollar player, have a lot of young assets available, and could potential appeal to EP thanks to their profound Swedish player history.

Not saying I'd want to do any of the below deals, but I do think they'd be in the range.

Ray + Wallinder+ 1st+ 3rd
Danielson or Kasper, Berggren, Wallinder, 1st, 2nd
Edvidson, Kasper, and a 2nd
Ras+Berggren+Wallinder+Lombardi, 1st

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Trading for Pettersson is not a realistic move.
Disagree. I think it's low probability (just given that there's 30 other teams in the league that he could be traded to) but the Wings are in one of the best positions to make it happen for reasons I've outlined elsewhere:

- Loaded prospect pool
- Out of conference
- Plenty of cap flexibility
- Team trending upwards
- The Swede Connection

appiepi

Nov 17, 2021
Disagree. I think it's low probability (just given that there's 30 other teams in the league that he could be traded to) but the Wings are in one of the best positions to make it happen for reasons I've outlined elsewhere:

- Loaded prospect pool
- Out of conference
- Team trending upwards
- The Swede Connection
Also, Vancouver seems to be happy with the Hronek trade which bodes well for negotiations.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023

- Loaded prospect pool
- Out of conference
- Team trending upwards
- The Swede Connection

I just think it's not realistic because while Vancouver does stupid things... even morons seen how good and valuable a guy like EP is. Even stupid teams know when they have a star. It's not realistic until they have some kind of impetus to move him. It's got nothing to do with Detroit's ability to make an offer. They would be well equipped to chase if they so chose. But teams don't just line up to dump star level players like EP as a proactive move.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I just think it's not realistic because while Vancouver does stupid things... even morons seen how good and valuable a guy like EP is. Even stupid teams know when they have a star. It's not realistic until they have some kind of impetus to move him. It's got nothing to do with Detroit's ability to make an offer. They would be well equipped to chase if they so chose. But teams don't just line up to dump star level players like EP as a proactive move.
The only reason this is being discussed is because there's a possibility Pettersson will refuse to re-sign with Vancouver, based on his comments this off-season. If Vancouver has a bad season, finishes well out of the playoffs, and Petey signals that he won't sign a long-term contract with the team, then them trading him is a real possibility. Obviously they're not going to trade him out of nowhere.

Reactions: Henkka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad