Speculation: Propose a (realistic) trade move that can put us into the playoffs.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I mean... if Ed is up full time getting 2nd pairing minutes that would help more than any realistic trade at this point.

It's Ed and Kasper being fully integrated into the lineup that will do more than anything from the outside.

This team will live and die based on Seider, Larkin, Raymond, DeBrincat now, Edvinsson, Kasper, and hopefully Rasmussen continuing to evolve. Then hopefully Walman, Maatta, Copp, Compher keep being solid middle lineup players. With added bonuses out of Perron, Berggren, Fabbri, Kostin, Ghost, etc... But if that first group doesn't do the heavy lifting we aren't going to do much of anything.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
2C and goalie are the weak spots.

I think it's been mentioned before, but Scheifele or Lindholm. No idea about goalies, since the Bruins won't trade one to a division rival.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Trade for
- Alex Debrincat
- Klim Kostin
- Jeff Petry
- Trade away your busting 1st round pick (6th overall), from messing any scoring line.

Do those, after you have signed
- Middle6 Center
- Middle6 scoring winger
- PP defenceman
- PK defenceman
- Cheking line / PK winger
- 2 backup goalies

... from free agency.

Let your irrelevant UFAs walk.

All these moves together, will get you to the playoffs. There's no single move. There's all those ten to dozen moves you have to do.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
A legit goalie

No offense to Husso but I have a hard time feeling good about this year with our current goaltenders. Regardless of how good the rest of the lineup looks

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
If we are talking just making the playoffs, the most likely scenario seems Lindholm if he tells Calgary he will not sign a new deal with them. In this scenario we get off to a good start like last year and are in the mix for the final playoff spot and Calgary has a rough year and is pretty much on the outside looking in. We acquire Lindholm and he pushes us into a playoff spot.

I don't think Yzerman has any intention to go into 'make the playoffs this year' mode based on everything he's said, but that would be one scenario that may be feasible.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
A legit goalie

No offense to Husso but I have a hard time feeling good about this year with our current goaltenders. Regardless of how good the rest of the lineup looks
You don't believe we have good defense?

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Chariot
2024 1st(whichever one is left)
Hanas

For

Gibson

---

If Gibson was the Wings goalie, I think they make the playoffs. Might have to move a goalie, but most likely Lyon gets picked up on waivers.

Gibson
Husso
Reimer
Lyon(lost to waivers)
Cossa
Lethemon

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Chariot
2024 1st(whichever one is left)
Hanas

For

Gibson

---

If Gibson was the Wings goalie, I think they make the playoffs. Might have to move a goalie, but most likely Lyon gets picked up on waivers.

Gibson
Husso
Reimer
Lyon(lost to waivers)
Cossa
Lethemon
Gibson makes $6.4M for four more years. Does Chia even get them back over the cap floor?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Clearly the answer is to trade all the vets so we can have multiple unproven rookies at every position

This GMing sh*t is easy

or perhaps some sort of middle ground between that and this with vets instead of donuts:

giphy.gif

nah that would make too much sense

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I’d look to improve RD and backup G.

Detroit or Boston’s 1st (whichever isn’t going to Ottawa) for Pesce or Cernak. Whichever is available.

Trade Chiarot for a 4th to Anaheim to clear salary.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Gibson makes $6.4M for four more years. Does Chia even get them back over the cap floor?

No idea.

Even then, I'm sure they can sign someone like Tatar for a year.

EDIT: Anaheim would be around 1 million under, and still need to sign Drysdale and Zegras.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
After losing both Bergeron and Krejci, Boston implodes far worse than anybody expected. Not only are they outside the Wild Card as the trade deadline approaches, but locker room drama has reached unheard of levels, with the team divided and multiple players wanting out altogether. Yzerman then swoops in and shocks the league by trading for Pastrnak.

OK. So maybe we have different definitions of what's realistic. But you can't say it wouldn't be fun. :D

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Just for fun, not really realistic but Call up Pat verbeek and try and offload chiarot for a 3rd. Trade fabbri, maata, Boston’s 1st this year, and Albert johanssson to Calgary for Noah hanifin. Offersheet lafreniere with the cap space left over for 2 2nds.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Hellebuyck and Lindholm and we are playoff team, on paper IMO. The price would not be worth it IMO as I still dont think its time to overpay for guys when we have the cap space to potentially get similar level guys in free agency in the coming year or 2. Debrincat was a pretty cheap price, if you can get them on those levels of deals im all for it but he wanted to basically only go to Detroit.. Hellebuyck may be similar as he is another Michigan guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad