Podcast (Audio) Pronger on SC

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Anyone else listen to it?

Has some interesting things to say about his time in Edmonton.

Liked the team, had to settle down Stoll and Torres throughout the year.

Asked for a trade because he was sold a bill of goods that wasn’t delivered whatever that means.

Great player but comes across as a douche as a person.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Anyone else listen to it?

Has some interesting things to say about his time in Edmonton.

Liked the team, had to settle down Stoll and Torres throughout the year.

Asked for a trade because he was sold a bill of goods that wasn’t delivered whatever that means.

Great player but comes across as a douche as a person.

No kidding, what the hell does that mean? Team acquired some nice pieces to help out near the end of the year. He got a big fat contract. Not sure what else was promised to him. A bunch of 18 year old virgins?

And why did you feel the need to start 2 threads on this subject?

jeblers

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
I had a big smile when he talked about '06 and that team, it was really brought up some great memories.

I was pissed when he left but whatever, time healed those wounds. Thankful for that year we had with him, it really was a good team that went on a great run at the right time.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
No kidding, what the hell does that mean? Team acquired some nice pieces to help out near the end of the year. He got a big fat contract. Not sure what else was promised to him. A bunch of 18 year old virgins?

And why did you feel the need to start 2 threads on this subject?

Didn't many of those acquired pieces and Peca leave as UFA in the offseason though? At that point the roster looked to be weaker than the one who barely made the payoffs.

Now, who knows what the brilliant minds beyond our leadership promissed him.

On another hand Pronger seems to be a ....... can I say it?

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Didn't many of those acquired pieces and Peca leave as UFA in the offseason though? At that point the roster looked to be weaker than the one who barely made the payoffs.

A dick? Feel free

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Considering who ran the team I believe he was sold a bill of goods. Don't care though. f*** him.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton

Said players decided a mass exodus after the best defenseman in the NHL demanded a trade 4 days after being eliminated in game 7 of the Stanley cup final. Had Pronger not nailed the team would have remained mostly intact.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Kinda pissed listening to him laughing when he was asked if he was happy to be traded here. He was also ripping on Hartford for being too shitty of a place for him to stay.

Sounded like an entitled dumb jock who was gifted with talent and size.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Most of you guys are too you g to remember but there were a lot of rumors about him cheating on his wife. Him and Marty reasoner had quite the bar hopping reputation back then.

Funny how he brings up Stoll and Torres. Pronger was really no different.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Agreed. Screw this guy. We know well enough why he left.
I'd like for Lowe or one of the former owners to bury Pronger and publically confirm the "rumour" as to why he had to go. 99% of fans and people around the game have heard it.

He was treated like a king here for 11 months and repays us by lying and dragging the city/fans/organization through the mud whenever his exit comes up.

Last edited:

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I'd like for Lowe or one of the former owners to publically confirm the "rumour" as to why Pronger had to go. 99% of fans and people around the game have heard it.

He was treated like a king here for 11 months and repays us by lying and dragging the city/fans/organization through the mud whenever his exit comes up.
Lowe has stated that Pronger was starting to request a trade back in January of that season, but he did his best to load up the team, and was hoping once CP saw how exciting the city would be during a playoff run it would change his mind.....
then Pronger went and held the team hostage with his public demand.
guy really is a piece of shit......especially for his Jim Rome interview.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Those pieces all left after the rumours started coming out that he was leaving.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Lowe has stated that Pronger was starting to request a trade back in January of that season, but he did his best to load up the team, and was hoping once CP saw how exciting the city would be during a playoff run it would change his mind.....
then Pronger went and held the team hostage with his public demand.
guy really is a piece of shit......especially for his Jim Rome interview.
I've always wondered what would have happened if the Oilers had won the Cup. They lost on Monday, had a small rally at city hall on Thursday, and on Friday is when the trade request became public. Would this dbag still have asked for a trade the day after a Cup parade?

Last edited:

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I've always kinda wondered what would have happened if the Oilers had won the Cup. They lost on Monday, had a small rally at city hall on Thursday, and on Friday is when the trade request became public. Would he have gone public the day after a Cup parade?
I wouldn't put it passed him.
Listening to some of the things Georges Laraque has said about him, and how he treats people.
I don't wish ill will on anybody, but this guy deserved Joe Murphy's life. I wouldn't feel bad if I read he lost everything and was living in a dumpster.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Honestly, not even mad about this anymore.

He came here for a year and took us to a Cup Final with a one shot chance to win it all after 15 years of wandering the wilderness ... can't be upset at that.

His wife was an American socialite heiress to a large fortune used to going to parties and functions, it was never going to work out here for her.

You can't expect the guy to choose a team over his family.

The Oilers should've been able to receive a king's ransom back for him, that's on management for botching it.

Eric Brewer + a bunch of scraps basically almost got the Oilers a Cup, you do that every day of the week, if I knew going into it that's what was going to happen but it would lead to a game 7 Cup Final, I take that allllll day.

If you told me right now we could swap Adam Larsson for a d-man that would take the Oilers to game 7 of the Cup Finals this June, but then would ask to be traded immediately afterwards, I'd do that trade without thinking twice.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00