Speculation: Projecting the 2021 Seattle Expansion protection list and who the Wild lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
No up to date guesses on who we lose?

I don't think it'll be a goalie under any scenario.

There's no chance that I can see that Soucy's name ever comes off the exposed list. Pretty much everybody else (Dumba, Foligno, Greenway) is subject to some sort of decision or prospective trade.

What I fear right now, is that Guerin is just going to take the $6M in cap space, let Dumba go, and just go with the "hey, we were going to lose a good player anyway" type of thing.

Actually, what I REALLY fear is him exposing Fiala.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017

My guess is Soucy.

But before this I have a feeling that Dumba could be involved in a trade with Vancouver for JT Miller.
I'm sure Guerin doesn't want to lose Dumba for nothing, even though the market for him has been limited in the past.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
There is over a month to go with the possibility of player trades and NMC's being waived. Impossible to say. The fact that Guerin has said he wants to keep Dumba means nothing to me, as does the fact that he has said Victor Rask is a good player.
Any good GM keeps his actual thoughts to himself, and uses the media to further his goals, which may, or may not, involve telling the truth. Usually it's a lot of vague pronouncements that get even hazier the more you look at them.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
i just read an interesting scenario :

Seattle has a 48 hour window prior to the draft to sign any unprotected pending FA (restricted or unrestricted, one per team) If a team loses a player to seattle during the signing window it will not have a player selected from its roster during the draft.

Reactions: Legegendsofthenorth

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
i just read an interesting scenario :

Seattle has a 48 hour window prior to the draft to sign any unprotected pending FA (restricted or unrestricted, one per team) If a team loses a player to seattle during the signing window it will not have a player selected from its roster during the draft.
Are you 100% sure ?

I think Some RFA's, like Kaprizov, are exempt from Seattle draft

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Seems like writing is on the wall that we will deal Dumba and lose either KK or Soucy.

Or give up an asset or two for them to pick Rask.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
I have an original red jersey that I want to put a number on...Is Dumba going to go away or not? I am thinking Boogaard 24 and still wonder how Dumba is wearing that number... did Dumba ever give his reasoning for it?

I have Gaborik, recent Czech team, Kaprizov, white, and a Demo Memorial, team Slovakia on the way (you can donate for COVID-19 for the Demo one: Team Slovakia PAVOL DEMITRA White memorial Ice Hockey Jersey | eBay). Numbering my Red one is an important decision and I planned to do Boogaard.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
This is for signing RFAs that are offer sheet eligible ie: fiala, ek, menell

my question moreso is if they sign an unprotected RFA do they have to give the offer sheet compensation?
I would think so, making such a scenario unlikely. Seattle has the #2 OA this year.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Think the draft picks are the next draft...so wouldn't work.

The expansion draft is before the actual draft, os if it is announced that SEA has traded for Fiala's RFA rights from us in lieu of a player, doesn't that mean we would get a 2021 pick? I know the negotiation period is after the draft, but i think i read somewhere that SEA has a period to do it before anyone else.
Well, we'd get either the 1st and 3rd, or 1st, 2nd, and 3rd 2022 picks, depending on how much the offer sheet was. Assuming that they are a bottom 11 team, getting a shot at Wright or Michkov wouldn't be the worst thing. I am not sure how strong the draft is otherwise.

In general, though, losing Fiala would be a setback. As great as Michkov is supposed to be, he won't be able to play over here till 2026. That's a long time to wait...I don't think Kaprizov will.

Yeah, so SEA has an exclusive period from July 18-21(before the NHL draft) where they can negogiate and sign with UFA's and RFA's. If they can sign a player before the NHL draft, I would presume that the picks would be a 2021 ones? Getting the #2oa in this draft would be nice because Beniers would probably be there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce