Speculation: Projecting the 2021 Seattle Expansion protection list and who the Wild lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I haven't looked at the UFA list or who may be available in trade, but there's serviceable players available every year... and now with a flat cap, they're going to be affordable as everyone is crunched for space.

Unless you think we're a cup contender this year, we'll find someone to get by with and likely maintain our bubble team status.
Stopgaps aren't tough to find. Until someone asks you to name one?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Mortal blow for any team hoping to get to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Teams can get caught in this trap for half a decade. Especially they are lacking a true #1 to bring up an inferior top-4.
Good thing we have Brodin as a #1.

Are you saying you believe we're a contender with Soucy and not without him? I think we're a bubble team either way.
Stopgaps aren't tough to find. Until someone asks you to name one?
Well, you need to look at an accurate list to name one. I know McCabe has been mentioned, he'd be an ok stop gap, I know there have been several others mentioned as well... but the point is, there are stop gaps available every year, why would this one be different?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'm very interested to see how many 27-28 year old UFAs end up signing for 1-2 years because they don't want to sign their "big deals" under a flat cap.

Probably some.

Risky for some because there's no sure thing that it won't still be flat in a year or two.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Probably some.

Risky for some because there's no sure thing that it won't still be flat in a year or two.
Flat but maybe flat with timelines for not-flat. If the league and teams feel more confident about their revenue streams after a year or two of ticket sales they'll probably start to open up the wallets a little more, even if the cap is kept flat for another year or so.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Probably some.

Keep in mind the much more lucrative TV deal the league is moving to. If gate revenue rebounds, they're likely to see quite the revenue surge after being flat for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad